Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to build my child's immune system
1  2  Next

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 9:21 pm
Help!!! My dc age 3 1/2 has had the flu 2 weeks ago now she has the flu again!!! I'm over the top with her not felling well. In addition she's a wheezing child. Is there any true and tryed things I can give her to boost her immune system? Please help!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:15 pm

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:57 pm
Dont know if its true n tried but I give elderberry syrup. Gave it to my big one when my little one had the flu n she stayed healthy bh. I give it any time they have colds....

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
Dont know if its true n tried but I give elderberry syrup. Gave it to my big one when my little one had the flu n she stayed healthy bh. I give it any time they have colds....

Started elderberry 2 weeks ago when she had that flu the first time.

yogabird

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:16 pm
remove dairy from her diet

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:19 pm
remove white flour, all added sugar
minimize natural sugars
eliminate dairy

lots of water

immune power from natures cure
colloidal silver

sufficient sleep and resting even when awake
warm air vaporizer for clearing out sinuses/mucus

when kid is really not feeling well, avoid eating heavy foods (or eating at all)

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:21 pm
^^Remove dairy.
Continue giving elderberry.
I would also give high dose Vitamin C (1000 mg/day, spread out throughout the day)
People have success with echinacea.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:12 am
Thanks. I did not find elderberry to work. She's off milk. Is there something I can give her that is true and tried don't wana try random things if its not a proven method.

weasley

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 1:57 am
I had that with my 2 yr old he was constantly getting ill. I got from maxi health drops called kyolic they are amazing!!!! He's not been ill since! They're not cheap but to me it was worth every penny.

They don't taste great but I put it in juice and he drinks it no problem.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:01 am
Reflexology also helps to build the immune system

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:44 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. I did not find elderberry to work. She's off milk. Is there something I can give her that is true and tried don't wana try random things if its not a proven method.

OP, remove all dairy products and not only milk. Also garlic when cooking (not garlic powder but garlic cloves)
Echinacea is excellent!

weasley

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:58 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
OP, remove all dairy products and not only milk. Also garlic when cooking (not garlic powder but garlic cloves)
Echinacea is excellent!

Interesting you say garlic - the kyolic drops are some kind of garlic extract!

salt

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 3:21 am
flu vaccine.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 9:31 am
salt wrote:
flu vaccine.

Its too late for that. As a side point she has only gotten one set a vaccines since she was always to ill to get them.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 11:40 am
amother wrote:
Its too late for that. As a side point she has only gotten one set a vaccines since she was always to ill to get them.

It's not too late. Read the extensive article by the pulmonologist in the Ami.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
It's not too late. Read the extensive article by the pulmonologist in the Ami.

Please read what I posted above, and I would never give my child a shot while there not felling well neither would my doctor.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:12 pm
weasley wrote:
Interesting you say garlic - the kyolic drops are some kind of garlic extract!

Is there a different company that make it?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 4:23 pm
Flu shot is tried and true. It's really not too late to give it, it might just be harder to find. Just can't give it if the child has fever or diarrhea. Especially if you're child wheezes, it is doubly important to get it.

Also, good hygiene is tried and true and effective way to cut down on getting sick - teach everyone in your household to wash their hands when they come home from anywhere, and to wash their hands before they eat. Also, teach everyrone not to touch their mouth, nose, and eyes without washing their hands first (many, many illnesses get in through mucus membranes, which are in these places). Also, not food or drink sharing for everyone, no eating each others leftovers, no tasting anything while you're in the middle of making it and then continuing to use the same utensil, no double dipping, make sure everyone uses serving utensils not hands, and make sure everyone takes showers / baths often. Teach your child not to put things in their mouths (toys, etc.). And if anyone else is sick, keep them away as much as possible from other members of the household. If you have humidifiers in yoru house, make sure to clean them every day.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:
Flu shot is tried and true.It's really not too late to give it, it might just be harder to find. Just can't give it if the child has fever or diarrhea. Especially if you're child wheezes, it is doubly important to get it.

Also, good hygiene is tried and true and effective way to cut down on getting sick - teach everyone in your household to wash their hands when they come home from anywhere, and to wash their hands before they eat. Also, teach everyrone not to touch their mouth, nose, and eyes without washing their hands first (many, many illnesses get in through mucus membranes, which are in these places). Also, not food or drink sharing for everyone, no eating each others leftovers, no tasting anything while you're in the middle of making it and then continuing to use the same utensil, no double dipping, make sure everyone uses serving utensils not hands, and make sure everyone takes showers / baths often. Teach your child not to put things in their mouths (toys, etc.). And if anyone else is sick, keep them away as much as possible from other members of the household. If you have humidifiers in yoru house, make sure to clean them every day.

When a child is wheezing you should never give any vaccines.

All these thing you mentioned is kind of common scents. Its part of our daily life.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
When a child is wheezing you should never give any vaccines.

All these thing you mentioned is kind of common scents. Its part of our daily life.

As someone with asthma, it's not true that you can't give a vaccine if a kid has wheezing problems. Consult your doctor on whether your particular situation with wheezing is ok for a vaccine. Kids with asthma are considered high risk for flu complications, and it is extremely important to give them a flu shot, even with active asthma. If the wheezing is so bad that you can't even get a day's break (if you can, then give them the vaccine on a day they aren't wheezing), your kid is having other problems which need to be taken care of too, whether uncontrolled asthma or illness. If you are wheezing because of a respiratory infection, then yes, you should wait a few days until you are feeling better before getting the vaccine, but that's just a few days or a week tops, and you can get the vaccine after. But wheezing doesn't necessarily preclude the flu vaccine. Please ask your doctor if you're concerned.

As for the rest, yes, it's common sense, but most people don't do all of it (I don't really avoid touching my mouth/nose/eyes unless my hands have been washed), and it really helps.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics