Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me find stylish clothes!
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 12:32 pm
Use my referral code from Gwynnie Bee to get a free trial of their plus-size clothing rental company. You can try out different styles without having to commit to anything:

https://goo.gl/kfZqbY

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 12:36 pm
I used to be you a year ago.. Crying Crying

Dress Barn Howell

Lane Bryant in Brick

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
I’m a little overweight and very short. I also cannot wear dresses and well, all the stores in Lakewood are selling dresses these day.

Honestly, I stick with dark skirts - no print and I’m always looking for new tops. I think you will look good if you wear things that fit well. Don’t worry so much about what everyone is wearing. You will still find me in a black skirt with a nice top at a wedding instead of all the trendy dresses. I try to have my shaitel set and always wear makeup so I think I look the best I can although not so stylish. I’m would look good trying to dress in style. Nice, neat and what fits is the way to go. Solid skirts is a good cover up.

Btw- have you been to “a woman’s wardrobe “ in Lakewood?

I have never even heard of it. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks for the support! Where do you find nice skirts and tops that work for you (aside from a woman's wardrobe)?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:09 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I gain all of my weight in my midsection so most clothing makes me look perpetually pregnant. I have perfected what I call the hippy chic look. I wear straight midi skirts mostly black and a looser longer top.

I have experimented with a few high low shirts this season and I like that it covers my tuchus and they are not particularly tight. I also went with a tunic top which also hides what I want without looking like a tent. I got three nice things from ann taylor loft. I also had good mazal on thredup which is an online consignment store.

I got a few of these jersey dresses on amazon that are also loose and flowy.

I think high-low and tunic tops are great ideas! Do you have links so I can check them out?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
Use my referral code from Gwynnie Bee to get a free trial of their plus-size clothing rental company. You can try out different styles without having to commit to anything:

https://goo.gl/kfZqbY

Thank you

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:11 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I used to be you a year ago.. Crying Crying

Dress Barn Howell

Lane Bryant in Brick

I've been to Dress Barn before but neither their clothing nor Lane Bryant's is stylish for the frum Lakewood crowd.

Congrats on your weight loss though!

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:21 pm
This is one shirt I got https://www.loft.com/medallion.....57860 I also got it in blue stripes.

I also got this https://www.loft.com/paisley-h.....55988 skuId=24392938&defaultColor=4899&catid=catl000011

even if the actual shirts are the wrong sizes you can use it for some inspiration.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
I've been to Dress Barn before but neither their clothing nor Lane Bryant's is stylish for the frum Lakewood crowd.

Congrats on your weight loss though!

What store is?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 12:27 pm
OP, I'm thinking that there is an opportuntity for a plus size fashion blogger who is marketing to the trendy frum crowd. I'll bet there are a lot more plus size women out there, than there are size 4's.

You should go for it, you might even get a bunch of freebies and a side income!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 6:43 pm
mha3484- you don't find it hard to walk in straight skirts? I like the freedom of a-line maxi skirts but they look shlumpy with a loose shirt Sad I find them so constraining but I also look pregnant even when I'm not Sad Op what sometimes works is wearing a black shell with a black skirt and then a different color cardigan over it.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 7:21 pm
I'm not a similar shape and I know you don't want to look pregnant, but have you tried any of the maternity stores? There are a couple that advertise "maternity and hard-to-fit figures" and I was in one of the stores trying something on when another woman, who told me that she wasn't pregnant but likes to shop there, was trying on the same dress and it looked better on her than on me!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics