Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
The COMPLAIN thread! Yes! We are allowed!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 10:50 pm
Okay! I think as the masters of Pesach, on a site dedicated to Jewish women, we should be able to complain.

It doesn't mean we aren't doing it with our whole hearts! It means we want to get it off our chests! It's cathartic! This should be under women's HEALTH!

We're not snobs here! If you want to complain that you're going to Italy for Pesach and you're upset that you need 3 outfits a day plus appropriate accessories PER outfit, here's the place! We don't judge!

But we are allowed to complain!

The first person who says "We shouldn't complain because the Jews in Egypt worked harder, and it's our Tafkid as a woman" gets 45 NASTY HUGS! PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE HUGS.

But ALL the other hugs on this thread will be genuine. Because I personally feel for every mother who doesn't know what to do first, told her husband to buy one of every pesach item or just laid in bed and cried while her cleaning lady organized her spices alphabetically.

So I will complain!

I HATE what detergent does to my hands. I don't like when other people do my stuff but my hands look 40 tears older than I am! And I'm vacuuming coat pockets now.

And the men have crumbs in them and they're back from the cleaners! Do the cleaners take the clothes for a test drive? Do they go and steal monogrammed cookies from Jewish Bar Mitzvahs?

None of MY coats have crumbs!! Why do you think THAT is?

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:02 pm
Are we allowed to complain that our husbands have more chumros than we do? My husband wants me to use only fruits and vegetables that can be peeled. And no garlic. And no broccoli. Etc. Etc.. Rolling Eyes

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:07 pm
I’m right in! My cleaning lady didn’t come Friday because her son is sick in the hospital Exploding anger ahah. Sure, because all of their relatives always get sick and even die before pesach. They will find grandmas, great grandmas, and who knows who else, that are suddenly dying!

I was going to give her my 2 ovens and some more stuff. And a little shabbos cleaning. Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Please Hashem! It shouldn’t happen again not to me and not to other jewish moms now!!!!!!!! We love you cleaning ladies more than anyone in the world right now!!! Very Happy

I tried to say gam zi letova. But still At wits end Shooting Arrow Banging head

simba

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:08 pm
Well if you are asking for it..the clothes in the kids stores being sold for pesach are summer clothes. Short sleeves and shorts! I am traveling to the likes of the North Pole for pesach. What now? Do I make my children freeze or do I let the, wear thaier winter clothes that have seen better days?

And.. I have to pack my family for a ten day trip. I never have enough clean laundry to do that.

First world problems.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:09 pm
I’m in my 8th month, my cleaning lady quit a few months ago, my house is a pigsty, my kids moan and carry on every time I ask them to help, and my husband is in the hospital because he injured his back.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:
I’m in my 8th month, my cleaning lady quit a few months ago, my house is a pigsty, my kids moan and carry on every time I ask them to help, and my husband is in the hospital because injured his back.

Hug Hug
Hug Hug

You get the hugs prize! Crying

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
I’m in my 8th month, my cleaning lady quit a few months ago, my house is a pigsty, my kids moan and carry on every time I ask them to help, and my husband is in the hospital because injured his back.

Hug
I can't believe I complained about crumbs in front of you.. B'sha'ah Tovah! It'll all be over (pesach) in 3 weeks or so...

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:13 pm
I havent had cleaning help in a decade. My dh never helped either. I was a SAHM.

I started working recently and this is my first pesach while working. No cleaning help. Dh did one of his drawers. Yay!! I am so overwhelmed. Not sure how I will finish everything tomorrow. I have no energy to clean after work. My kids need so much supervision when they clean. They cleaned their room, but the dining room, kitchen and Garage need to become chometz free.

I have very little energy and fall apart every Friday night.

The solution isnt getting my kids to help more. I helped way to much as a child and felt like a slave. I never want my kids to feel that way.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:16 pm
I did 3 rooms myself!

And my husband had to do his drawer last Sunday and he told me, when he was done, he was so exhausted, he had to go to sleep! At 2 in the afternoon!!! Not listening

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:18 pm
amother wrote:
I did 3 rooms myself!

And my husband had to do his drawer last Sunday and he told me, when he was done, he was so exhausted, he had to go to sleep! At 2 in the afternoon!!! Not listening

OMG! That sounds so familiar! Are they related, or are all men related?

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:18 pm
amother wrote:

Or are you ME?

crust

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:29 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I’m right in! My cleaning lady didn’t come Friday because her son is sick in the hospital Exploding anger ahah. Sure, because all of their relatives always get sick and even die before pesach. They will find grandmas, great grandmas, and who knows who else, that are suddenly dying!

I was going to give her my 2 ovens and some more stuff. And a little shabbos cleaning. Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Please Hashem! It shouldn’t happen again not to me and not to other jewish moms now!!!!!!!! We love you cleaning ladies more than anyone in the world right now!!! Very Happy

I tried to say gam zi letova. But still At wits end Shooting Arrow Banging head

Same here. She 'forgot' to tell me that every Friday she takes care of an old woman. Noble.

And the way my previous cleaning help took care of her parents! You could really learn kibbid av from her. She even did her father's funeral twice! Or maybe she had two fathers? I don't know!

Next time I am hiring someone I need thier family tree first. Like this, there can be only ONE father that suddenly dies, ONE mother that is chronically in the hospital and only ONE daughter cousin and sister with the same name all of which will come as a replacement for her but couldn't come because thier car broke down or they are sick.

Help

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:34 pm
And MY husband went shopping on Thursday and came home with boxes and boxes of lovely...
PASTA!!!
I now have 10 boxes of pasta sitting on my shelf, ladies. I just went and counted them to make sure. TEN. Crying

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:39 pm
I went to a workshop and met a woman (she was the presenter)...the workshop was today, Shabbos and will continue tomorrow, Sunday. She attended today, and used her computer, bought a coffee in the morning, turned the lights on/off, etc.
I attended the workshop on Shabbos as well, but didnt handle money or write, or use the computer, etc. Just sat and listened.
Today she asked me how my Pesach prep is going. I told her I will sweep the floors erev Pesach, that will be the extent of my Pesach cleaning, because I'm emotionally and physically drained.
She asked when I plan to kasher and cook. I said I won't kasher. Cooking will happen when/if we get food from tzedaka orgs.
She, on the other hand, is thick in the middle of cleaning her entire three-story home for Pesach, is planning to kasher next Sunday, and plans to cook starting next Monday.
Our exchange shook up any prior conceptions I may have had of folks who do melacha on Shabbos, and it broadened my worldview.

My complaint is that I'm not on her madreigah as far as Pesach prep is concerned.

gold21

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:

Oy. Hmm. I mean- really, your husbands' complain of exhaustion after cleaning out one drawer while you are busy scrubbing three rooms, or are you guys joking?

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:43 pm
Oh! I love this! you people made me laugh with your sense of humor in presenting the complaints! (not ch'v for reasons)
not sure if you want me starting because irl I rarely complain but things have been kind of colorful here. if I start I might just fill up cyberspace...
anyway going to take care of my baby and of the mess here and then come back to unload complaints 'legally'!

crust

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:45 pm
amother vermmillion wrote:
My complaint is that I'm not on her madreigah as far as Pesach prep is concerned.

Don't compare not doing Pesach prep to doing a melacha on shabbos.
Thanks for putting this in perspective! Smile

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:48 pm
gold21 wrote:
Oy. Hmm. I mean- really, your husbands' complain of exhaustion after cleaning out one drawer while you are busy scrubbing three rooms, or are you guys joking?

Who are you, and who is the angel you are married to?? And does he have any brothers? I have a sister on the market...

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:
Or are you ME?

Nope! I'm definitely NOT you! I did NOT do three rooms, I am waiting for him to get up from his nap!!!

Like another amother above, I used to be home so he's used to that, but I recently went back to school and I had midterms last week - he was the one who OFFERED to make Pesach for me (with the help of the kids of course). As of right now, he is officially starting tomorrow. Will keep you updated....

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
I did 3 rooms myself!

I was being dead serious! If I didn't care about embarrassing him, I would show u the pic I took of him completely unconscious. Like he built the Hubble Telescope and he's ready for accolades.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics