Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
The COMPLAIN thread! Yes! We are allowed!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
And MY husband went shopping on Thursday and came home with boxes and boxes of lovely...
PASTA!!!
I now have 10 boxes of pasta sitting on my shelf, ladies. I just went and counted them to make sure. TEN. Crying

Oh gosh, my color is wheat. The irony Crying

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
Oh gosh, my color is wheat. The irony Crying
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Its a conspiracy. Sell it, and move on. Or donate it if you don't sell chametz. Most people do and will definitely appreciate it.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:00 am
My husband wants me to make something called "falsha fish". Argggggg. That does Not sound like falafel and its my first year cooking alone...

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:04 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Its a conspiracy. Sell it, and move on. Or donate it if you don't sell chametz. Most people do and will definitely appreciate it.

Oh no, I can't donate it! He bought it because he needs to have what to eat for the next 2 weeks, poor man! After all, we're getting rid of all the chametz so what else should we eat? People need to eat, you know! I don't dare get rid of those ten makkos...I mean pasta boxes

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:12 am
amother wrote:
Who are you, and who is the angel you are married to?? And does he have any brothers? I have a sister on the market...

Haha- an Imamother shidduch! But who gets the shidduch money? Me or you? OK, I guess we can split it.

Anyway, I guess cultural/familial differences

Lol

To my mind, men and women are more similar than different- of course there are some basic differences but I never understand the "I sent my husband to the store for apple juice and he brought home a case of salsa" type posts I see all over social media. Like, really? Estrogen vs testosterone should not be a factor in one's capacity to buy apple juice. But it's all over social media so I guess perhaps you're in the majority and my mindset is in the minority.

But that's a whole nother subject

Back to the topic at hand Tongue Out

Happy Pesach cleaning!!!

honeymoon

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:25 am
my two year old walked into my cleaned bdrm this morn with a slice of bread.. and I was busy picking crumbs off the floor every time I walked in there. I love her. for real.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:00 am
amother wrote:
I’m in my 8th month, my cleaning lady quit a few months ago, my house is a pigsty, my kids moan and carry on every time I ask them to help, and my husband is in the hospital because he injured his back.

Wow my list of complaints look so similar!
I am 8 months pregnant my cleaning lady quit this week, and my parent is in the hospital-and I'm having lots of pesach guest.....feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment.

Good luck to both of us!!

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:08 am
amother wrote:
My husband wants me to make something called "falsha fish". Argggggg. That does Not sound like falafel and its my first year cooking alone...

Just FYI it kind of like a sweet meatloaf kind of recipe- that then gets cooked like fish-there are some really good ones out there.

Also a good idea is instead of making them in individual balls make loaves in parchment paper like gefilte fish and freeze them. Then cook them like gefilte fish. Much easier to deal with an look like fish on the plate.

ETA: I'm not sure if solutions are allowed on the complaint thread but...

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:13 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Just FYI it kind of like a sweet meatloaf kind of recipe- that then gets cooked like fish-there are some really good ones out there.

Also a good idea is instead of making them in individual balls make loaves in parchment paper like gefilte fish and freeze them. Then cook them like gefilte fish. Much easier to deal with an look like fish on the plate.

ETA: I'm not sure if solutions are allowed on the complaint thread but...

So, it's made of MEAT but looks like gefilte fish. With sugar. I looked up recipes. Turkey, ground chicken, eggs, onions, carrots and tons of sugar.

Its my mind that's rebelling. It's like eating salty cupcakes..

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:18 am
amother wrote:
So, it's made of MEAT but looks like gefilte fish. With sugar. I looked up recipes. Turkey, ground chicken, eggs, onions, carrots and tons of sugar.

Its my mind that's rebelling. It's like eating salty cupcakes..

How in her world does the system know to generate Salmon as your amother color Very Happy

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:23 am
And 10 pasta boxes girl got "wheat"! Unbelievable!

My salmon on Pesach is awesome because I pan sear.. But falsha fish?

I hate working to make something that will not be awesome.. 😣

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:33 am
I have a different issue.

When it came to pesach cleaning, my mother in law went nuts. Her closets and stuff were done by chanuka. The kids were literally imprisoned in their own homes. My husband used to scrub down all the carpets and clean tons.

And then he got married. Didn’t want to do a stitch. Not only that, he doesn’t let me utter the word pesach or chometz in our home until Rosh Chodesh. And two weeks to get the house cleaned and cooked is not enough.

So I told him since it’s such a crazy yom tov for him, we are going away. I am not staying home. So there.

Thanks mom in law. For putting such a hatred to this yom tov into your kids.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 2:21 am
Traveling to my in laws overseas with three little children including a baby who has incredible screaming powers. It’s a night flight and I will get there, ready to kill the world, to an old dumpy apartment with a shower that probably goes hot and cold every five minutes. We will have to walk to my in laws for every meal which means getting all the kids ready and out at least twice a day. Oh and jet lag. Yep. Yearly nightmare

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 2:25 am
Thanks for starting this thread. It gave me a good chuckle this morning. Since we're allowed to complain I will. We are going away for the first time in 15 years for Pesach. My son is in the Army and will be home so I have to clean the whole house anyway.😟
I am selling a lot but I still have to do my kitchen although I'm only turning over the dairy side for him since he will not be home for the yontov meals.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 2:41 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread. It gave me a good chuckle this morning. Since we're allowed to complain I will. We are going away for the first time in 15 years for Pesach. My son is in the Army and will be home so I have to clean the whole house anyway.😟
I am selling a lot but I still have to do my kitchen although I'm only turning over the dairy side for him since he will not be home for the yontov meals.

Kudos to your son and your family! May he always be safe! So, aside from having a son serving his country and for having to pack for everyone, and going away for Pesach, you're also cleaning for Pesach? Tzadekkes! You make us all look like precious princesses!

May you always have only happiness! On behalf of klal Yisrael, you have our thanks!

(But not our housekeepers. Pesach, they better stop having dying relatives and rolling up their sleeves! Someone should start a thread for the most creative excuse their cleaning help gave for not showing up. How many times can their father die, really,...)

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 3:38 am
When I found out DD was coming back home, my cleaning lady spent 4 hours getting her room spotlessly clean. DD is not religious anymore, and has decided that she's not keeping Pesach, and will be eating chametz in her room.

DH is having daily meltdowns with panic attacks and OCD. He's like this every Pesach, but this year he's in especially fine form. I'm exhausted from dealign with his anxiety behaviors. On top of that, he seems to come up with a dozen new chumras every year.

My cleaning lady makes me nervous. She's a good friend, and very frum, and her standards are high enough to please the Queen of England. I always feel judged and shamed when she cleans for me, even though she doesn't really do anything specific to put me down. I just notice that she sort of "tut tuts" whenever she sees a bit of a mess anywhere. She is going to go ballistic if she finds out that DD is not keeping Pesach.

I feel bad because I used to be so meticulous about Pesach cleaning, but with my health issues lately, I am only doing the very bare minimum. I'm basically shoving everything into the cabinets and taping them shut. Cover all the surfaces, bring up the Pesach kelim from that machson, buy basic groceries. Nothing fancy, nothing festive. We are lucky we got invited out this year, because I am not well enough to prepare a whole seder all by myself.

Can I get some cheese with this whine? Cheers

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 3:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I found out DD was coming back home, my cleaning lady spent 4 hours getting her room spotlessly clean. DD is not religious anymore, and has decided that she's not keeping Pesach, and will be eating chametz in her room.

DH is having daily meltdowns with panic attacks and OCD. He's like this every Pesach, but this year he's in especially fine form. I'm exhausted from dealign with his anxiety behaviors. On top of that, he seems to come up with a dozen new chumras every year.

My cleaning lady makes me nervous. She's a good friend, and very frum, and her standards are high enough to please the Queen of England. I always feel judged and shamed when she cleans for me, even though she doesn't really do anything specific to put me down. I just notice that she sort of "tut tuts" whenever she sees a bit of a mess anywhere. She is going to go ballistic if she finds out that DD is not keeping Pesach.

I feel bad because I used to be so meticulous about Pesach cleaning, but with my health issues lately, I am only doing the very bare minimum. I'm basically shoving everything into the cabinets and taping them shut. Cover all the surfaces, bring up the Pesach kelim from that machson, buy basic groceries. Nothing fancy, nothing festive. We are lucky we got invited out this year, because I am not well enough to prepare a whole seder all by myself.

Can I get some cheese with this whine? Cheers

Complain all you want, FF, nothings gonna make you look less awesome... Sorry... You're one of those people... 😅

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 3:52 am
amother wrote:
And MY husband went shopping on Thursday and came home with boxes and boxes of lovely...
PASTA!!!
I now have 10 boxes of pasta sitting on my shelf, ladies. I just went and counted them to make sure. TEN. Crying

Hang on, are you married to my husband?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 3:54 am
amother wrote:
PASTA!!!

sounds like a pasta party is coming up! I'll have mine with sauted mushrooms. thank you. and lots of melted cheese please.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 4:04 am
My DH buys food in multiples, too. It's part of his OCD. He has food insecurity and hoarding issues. He refuses to let me clean his office, (I know he has at least a half dozen cakes and bags of cookies in there) and he thinks it's a big secret.

If one of anything is good, then a dozen is better, and we should always have it in the house and never be without it.

He was brought up wealthy, and has never missed a meal in his life. He has no legitimate reason to stockpile enough to last through the zombie apocolypse.

Then he complains that he doesn't want what I made for dinner, and has scrambled eggs instead. Guess what? He's going to be eating a lot of eggs this Pesach, because they're one of the few things that managed to escape his Chumra of the Month Club.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics