Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bingo is coming to Lakewood!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:10 pm
I don't really use bingo as they don't have everything I need, it's a pain to have to make your own boxes and pack up yourself, but it's a nice place to have for sure. Whatever money I saved, after that stress I always end up saying it wasn't worth it. Some people go once a month to stock up on certain items and go regularly somewhere else. Other people are happy to shop there all the time.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I don't really use bingo as they don't have everything I need, it's a pain to have to make your own boxes and pack up yourself, but it's a nice place to have for sure. Whatever money I saved, after that stress I always end up saying it wasn't worth it. Some people go once a month to stock up on certain items and go regularly somewhere else. Other people are happy to shop there all the time.

Nice though that they have boxes. At Osher Ad in Israel no boxes (not in ANY haredi supermarket by the way!) you pack yourself in plastic bags (except for big holidays when they DO bring in extra packing staff). Most supermarkets here never have packing help EVER.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:35 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Nice though that they have boxes. At Osher Ad in Israel no boxes (not in ANY haredi supermarket by the way!) you pack yourself in plastic bags (except for big holidays when they DO bring in extra packing staff). Most supermarkets here never have packing help EVER.

In Lakewood every store packs you up with boxes or bags - whichever you prefer

Mevater

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 4:10 pm
This thread hasnt been updated. When is the Lakewood Bingo opening?

The last time I was at the Brooklyn Bingo, I looked at the chocolate covered things in the first aisle (that werent cheap, more expensive per pound than at KRM). I like the fact that KRM writes on each plastic container of chocolates, when they were packaged, not when they expire. Something tells me the chocolates I get in KRM are MUCH fresher. The new nuts area on the other side of the store leaves nuts exposed to the air. I dont think thats good for preserving freshness. They also dont carry all the different brands that KRM does.

The best deal I got at Bingo was mens underwear.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 6:12 pm
We passed there last week and they were stocking the shelves

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:04 pm
1-Bingo has freezers that are low and open which allows you easier access than upright freezers
2- bingo has some odds and ends like school supplies , hosiery etc (we picked up a scarf for 7.99)
3- their plastic ware is not of greatest quality and not cheaper than other brands (plenty of times a fork or spoon broke on us)
4- bingo has a great israeli style spices, candies and nuts area
5- they have family packs and individual packs of snacks and other items
6- their meat and chicken is priced well and quite clean, in fact their chicken cutlets are cleaner than in any store (and I’ve bought cutlets in just about every store in brooklyn)
7- they have tommy mayo - no one else does
8- they do not have a fast checkout (10 items or less) and you have to bag your own items(which you also do in shop rite)
9- they do not carry many products that other stores carry ( most probably to keep costs down)
10- customer service is better in krm and gourmet glatt
11- they have a parking lot which is a big plus in boro park
12- they have many sizes of toiveled baking pans but I found that rosners and 14th ave hardware are cheaper
So like every store they have their pros and cons
And every store has their specials. You’ll save on some items but pay the same or more on other items.
A woman in front of me came from Queens for a huge shopping order, she spent close to 700$. The cashier did not bother to help her with any packing (we customers behind her helped her) she was charged for boxes, and there was no offer to help her take it to the car. She said it wasn’t worth it
KRM and gourmet glatt would have helped with everything.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:29 pm
amother wrote:
1-Bingo has freezers that are low and open which allows you easier access than upright freezers
2- bingo has some odds and ends like school supplies , hosiery etc (we picked up a scarf for 7.99)
3- their plastic ware is not of greatest quality and not cheaper than other brands (plenty of times a fork or spoon broke on us)
4- bingo has a great israeli style spices, candies and nuts area
5- they have family packs and individual packs of snacks and other items
6- their meat and chicken is priced well and quite clean, in fact their chicken cutlets are cleaner than in any store (and I’ve bought cutlets in just about every store in brooklyn)
7- they have tommy mayo - no one else does
8- they do not have a fast checkout (10 items or less) and you have to bag your own items(which you also do in shop rite)
9- they do not carry many products that other stores carry ( most probably to keep costs down)
10- customer service is better in krm and gourmet glatt
11- they have a parking lot which is a big plus in boro park
12- they have many sizes of toiveled baking pans but I found that rosners and 14th ave hardware are cheaper
So like every store they have their pros and cons
And every store has their specials. You’ll save on some items but pay the same or more on other items.
A woman in front of me came from Queens for a huge shopping order, she spent close to 700$. The cashier did not bother to help her with any packing (we customers behind her helped her) she was charged for boxes, and there was no offer to help her take it to the car. She said it wasn’t worth it
KRM and gourmet glatt would have helped with everything.

And she would have spent way more then 700$ too

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
And she would have spent way more then 700$ too

And except for the meats that have a huge turnover, many items that arent priced well, like the packaged candy in the first aisle, sit there, and theres no turnover. Chocolates in KRM, are replenished daily and dated, and have that newly packed look (glossy) and arent more expensive than at Bingo.

I go there for foil tins and Kleenex tissues, mostly, but how much am I saving over KRM?

momsrus

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:37 pm
Be careful in bingo to buy the amount that’s on special. If it’s 3 for $3 and you buy 4 you will pay $2.50 for that single piece. More than it cost in any other store.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:50 pm
Actually as I'm remembering now it was over 900 and how do you know how much more she would have spend? I did not write what she had and she herself said that many of the items were not cheaper.
I’m not saying don’t go. I’m just saying that every store has its pros and cons
Every person can decide where it’s worth it for them to shop.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:54 pm
Chocolate amother: Gourmet Glatt also sells Tomi mayo.

One of my kids once purchased a Bingo brand large bag of barley, I used to not check barley for insects, until I found bugs (plural) floating on top of the cholent water. Based on how many bugs were in that bag, we must have eaten a lot of bugs the previous Shabbos.
(I store open barley/bean/rice bags in the fridge so the insects were not from my house)
Moral of the story: check your beans and barley bags for bugs, especially if it's coming from a store that repackages the product.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:55 pm
momsrus wrote:
Be careful in bingo to buy the amount that’s on special. If it’s 3 for $3 and you buy 4 you will pay $2.50 for that single piece. More than it cost in any other store.

That’s in any store not only bingo

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
Chocolate amother: Gourmet Glatt also sells Tomi mayo.

Thanx. We usually have someone bring it from Europe. But it’s good to know

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
Thanx. We usually have someone bring it from Europe. But it’s good to know

I believe Gourmet imports them from Israel (the bottles have an Israeli hashgacha, not that I'm particular about it).

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:21 pm
I find it cheaper on almost every item. If all I bought was frozen vegetables and olive oil, it would be worth it. I go once in 2 months and stock up. Not a place to run in and pick up a few items, though some people do. I don’t find the staff there any less helpful than anywhere else. I agree meat is not high quality, but chicken is fine. They have tons of individual snack bags

momsrus

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
That’s in any store not only bingo

True but it bingo it triples. Other stores the price goes up slightly.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
I find it cheaper on almost every item. If all I bought was frozen vegetables and olive oil, it would be worth it.

Which oil do you get? They have loads of Canola Oil, but not too much of any other kind.

momosix

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 9:47 pm
I love bingo! I find their prices to be excellent on fish and chicken and flanken. I love the Israeli teas, olives nuts and dried fruit that I can’t find elsewhere. Thier prices are cheaper in cholov yisrael products such as pamesam cheese and butter. Their yeast and checked broccoli are the cheapest. Their specials on baking supplies are good too.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
It’s a really a huge supermarket.
But from time to time they get a close out shipment of slightly damaged stuff, or overstocked items and sell them for crazy cheap.

Umm. Yeah. We got a pop-up-type sukkah from Bingos for less than $200. But it took my husband 5 hours to assemble (with help from two other men!), and he had to use other materials in the end, to get it to stand. The sukkah was clearly defective.

But I am sure they also sell normal stuff. I hope!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 11:57 pm
Living 4 flights up with no elevator, I nixed Bingo after one try— delivery is worth every penny.

Some stuff is cheaper— no doubt— but overall I’m not sure
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics