Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which model Samsung do you have?
1  2  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:22 pm
Pls comment below what model phone you have?

perquacky

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:26 pm
I have the S7.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:28 pm
I think it's called 7J?

top mom

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:33 pm
S5

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 3:14 pm
J7 and I am really happy with it

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 3:27 pm
I have the J7, it's reasonable. Great battery life, good amount of memory. I don't really like samsung phones overall, they are pretty low end and the ones I've had were missing features which were important to me (no automatic light sensor - does not adjust brightness automatically, which means I can't use my phone outside in the sun at all because the screen looks black unless I change the brightness first or go back inside; indicator light - no way to know if I have a missed call or message/whatsapp without turning my phone on which for me is critical to not be checking my phone every 5 seconds and disconnect a little; compass - useful to know which direction you're facing when using google maps or waze and trying to get somewhere, I've gone the wrong way too many times because of this).

I had the J5 briefly and it was terrible - battery life was ok, but didn't have enough memory - after a week it told me it was full. It also froze a lot (maybe I just got a dud, but who knows).

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 3:37 pm
Galaxy S7. Great phone, superior in every way (IMNSHO) to the iPhone.

Contrary to someone else's claims, the Galaxy has an automatic brightness control (I've had Galaxy phones back to the S1 -- they all had it. I can't speak to the uber cheap Samsung models, of course). It also offers "always on," which displays missed calls, etc. Its a battery drain and not really useful to me, so I turned it off.

ETA -- Waze does not have compass. Does Waze for IOS? But you can certainly install a compass. And Waze has a setting that allows you to lock north as up, which is pretty much the same as a compass.

Teomima

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:36 pm
I had the S4 mini (I have small hands and prefer smaller phones). Loved it, had it for years until it up and died on me. Replaced it with a Sony Xperia X Compact, which is pretty comparable to the S4 mini (but a better camera!)

MommyM

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:38 pm
J3

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:44 pm
I have the s7 and I'm very happy with it. I'd also recommend the s5, which is substantially cheaper but not the s6.

srbmom

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 5:21 pm
J7 and love it.
(Used to have an S5 but I bought an iphone when it died and returned it after a week because I couldn't stand it. Then bought the phone I have now)

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:30 pm
S8 Very pleased.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:38 pm
I have a Galaxy Note 5 and DH has the Galaxy S5. We will probably both upgrade to the Galaxy 9 some time soon. I've had Galaxy phones for a while and am very happy with them (I am a computer geek).

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:41 pm
Curious why you ask, op.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
I have the J7, it's reasonable. Great battery life, good amount of memory. I don't really like samsung phones overall, they are pretty low end and the ones I've had were missing features which were important to me (no automatic light sensor - does not adjust brightness automatically, which means I can't use my phone outside in the sun at all because the screen looks black unless I change the brightness first or go back inside; indicator light - no way to know if I have a missed call or message/whatsapp without turning my phone on which for me is critical to not be checking my phone every 5 seconds and disconnect a little; compass - useful to know which direction you're facing when using google maps or waze and trying to get somewhere, I've gone the wrong way too many times because of this).

I have the S8 which doesn't have any of these issues.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
Curious why you ask, op.

Plain and pashut I want to buy a new phone

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 8:29 pm
S4 mini, I think it was originally recommended here on imamother, but that was two years ago and now I'm jealous of everyone's newer cameras. Which I couldn't have afforded anyway so what's to be jealous of. But the sound is starting to get worrisome (people keep saying I'm not coming across clearly enough, I've dropped the phone too many times to count which could be the cause) so I'm looking forward to having to choose again and getting something newer. But I really really like the mini. I have smaller hands (well, about average, but girl hands. Big phones need two girl hands) and I'm hoping I can find something comparable...so not interested in a bigger screen, I'm not watching movies.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:08 pm
Amother with the j7 (didn't know there was such a thing), my samsung s7 adjusts the lighting and has an indicator light. Green for calls and texts and blue for everything else. Maybe there's a setting you can try? Or google it.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 3:46 am
To all those who commented on the features I complained about in my J7, it really doesn't have them - the J series is considered lower end than the S series, which is why it doesn't have those features and the S phones do. I didn't realize it when I got it though.

Also, about the compass, I meant an internal compass, so the phone knows which way it's pointing even if you aren't moving. It's not the most important thing, but I found it annoying.

Basically, before I had a Samsung, I had an LG and I liked it MUCH better. Samsung also has it's own version of android which I don't like so much, and other android phones have a purer version which I like better. This is just a matter of preference.

If you want a 'cheaper' samsung, and can live with the things I've described, the J7 is a great choice. If you can spend more though and get an S series samsung or a different brand with better specs, I would.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 7:09 am
I like my S8. My S4 died and this was a great sale on black friday.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics