Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Class reunion coming up- I know I'm being talked about

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 10:11 am
Because of a recent family situation, I know grademates are talking about me. A reunion is coming up and I'll be sitting at a table with people who I am sure gossiped about the sitch. I know they'll be nice to my face and not bring up the issue, but I know what they're saying behind my backs.

How do I go, with confidence, without that yucky feeling taking over before during and after.

RedRuby

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 10:13 am
Oooh... that is so tacky!

Hold your head high, you don't have to apologize for your family situation.

Real friends love you no matter what.

Good luck, I know it's not going to be easy.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 12:20 pm
I totally understand you. I had a similar situation. It was at a class reunion and I had just divorced. I knew that I was being talked about (& still am).

I didn't want to go but then I decided if I won't go, it will make things much worse. I would appear so weak and it would look like I'm hiding something from the world. I strengthened myself and went. I came in with a huge smile and spoke with everyone and had fun. Yes, I did get the looks and the whispers but too bad. Had I not showed up, then it would have given them the greatest opportunity to talk & gossip about me.

You can not let this happen to you. You must strengthen yourself and go! Why make life so miserable and be a loser? I know it's hard but once you make up your mind and come with the right attitude you'll definitely enjoy yourself!

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 4:01 pm
dahlink ... look fabulous ... and GO ... come home after and vent to me if you need to - but do try and ignore them ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics