Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Animal/pet therapy Monsey area

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:21 pm
It was recommended to me and I agree that this may help my DS12 with social anxiety. He loves animals and seems much calmer and happier when with them. I have tried various therapists in past with little success. I am looking for a center that would provide animal based therapy where the kids have direct access to animals like bunnies goats cats dogs etc I would also consider getting him a bunny but with someone who could direct me how to use it therapeutically. (Though I prefer not as we live in an apartment.)Any suggestions? TIA

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:26 pm
I don't have personal experience but I know that Ahuva Hammer does this. AFAIK she's licensed.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:35 pm
Goldy Brunner does official pet therapy . I believe she's licenced . 8456410785. I've seen her work in a group setting of children with special needs and was highly impressed .

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:20 am
Thank you for your responses. How can I reach Ahuva hammer?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
It was recommended to me and I agree that this may help my DS12 with social anxiety. He loves animals and seems much calmer and happier when with them. I have tried various therapists in past with little success. I am looking for a center that would provide animal based therapy where the kids have direct access to animals like bunnies goats cats dogs etc I would also consider getting him a bunny but with someone who could direct me how to use it therapeutically. (Though I prefer not as we live in an apartment.)Any suggestions? TIA

Are horses an option too? There is a horseback riding stable that is offering a new program for kids (Jewish mgmt).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics