Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you know your children's date of birth?
1  2  Next

littleprincess

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 12:36 pm
I am sitting at a doctors office waiting room now and a lady scheduled an appointment for her child. She didn't know his date of birth which made me wonder if it's common ...
I sometimes have to think like for a second but I know all of my children's date of birth, my husband's and even my siblings .
I guess it depends how many children you have ...
Figured I'll post here and hear what u all say

Moonlight

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 12:39 pm
Um, YES

anon for this

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 12:42 pm
Maybe she knows the Jewish date and not the secular one?

Two of my kids have birthdays a few days apart, so I sometimes say the wrong date (not year) and have to correct myself. Which is kind of embarrassing.

bookie

Yes. Like op I sometimes have to think a second before I respond to make sure I have the right one but it's a necessity to know them.

miami85

I DO, but there are times when I have to think about it for a second. One of my kids has a birthday close to my husbands--very similar numbers and close in the calendar. I have 4, and a good memory (I know all 24 of my nieces' and nephew's birthdays as well) but I can definitely see why a parent would forget. For sure my husband--I often remind him of their Hebrew birthdays.

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 12:56 pm
Of course I do, both Hebrew and Loazi, but I only have 1 kid.

My mom knows all of her kids', all of her grandchildrens', and all of my dad's siblings' (and all of her siblings'). My dad, who does not have alzheimer's or dementia, probably knows about 75%. I know once my dad asked my mom when HIS sister's birthday was and she knew. Oh, and sometimes when we were growing up, my dad would ask us how old we were. We're not a huge family.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:01 pm
I know all the secular dates but not their Jewish ones.
I do have to think for a second when asked, because my brain is filled with information , but I do know all my kids DOBs and mine and DHs as well as Both of our social security numbers. I don't know my kids socials.

observer

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:02 pm
Yup

pesek zman

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:08 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
Of course I do, both Hebrew and Loazi, but I only have 1 kid.

My mom knows all of her kids', all of her grandchildrens', and all of my dad's siblings' (and all of her siblings'). My dad, who does not have alzheimer's or dementia, probably knows about 75%. I know once my dad asked my mom when HIS sister's birthday was and she knew. Oh, and sometimes when we were growing up, my dad would ask us how old we were. We're not a huge family.

I've never heard the term Loazi. I guess it means secular (is it an israeli term?)

heidi

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:11 pm
I know my kids' English birthdays. Only found out their Hebrew birthdays when we moved to Israel and it's printed on my teudat zehut.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:14 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I've never heard the term Loazi. I guess it means secular (is it an israeli term?)

Means secular date. Loazi is the word being used in Israel.

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:15 pm
I work in a medical office where I always need to ask parent's the kids dob, and the worst is still when the mother yells "child, whats your dob??" I have sucha kick out of that, like really now, but most mom are doing ok Wink

tf

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:22 pm
I know the first few and last few kid's birthdays, my husband's and sister's. The middle kids I have to think a moment. Sometimes though, my memory fails me and I can forget

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:30 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Foreign, I think it's an acronym for לשון עם זר - the language of a foreign nation. So you have the Loazi calendar, and loazi words (like the Hebrew word for biology is biologia, so since it clearly comes from a different language it is a loazi word even if it's in a Hebrew dictionary).

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:38 pm
I know them but sometimes I have to take a second to think.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:41 pm
I have a good memory for dates, numbers etc so I remember the birthdays. My husband never remembers and he takes them to the Dr more then I do. Two of my kids are the same month so I usually get a text asking which one is which date.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:44 pm
[quote="jerusalem90"]Foreign, I think it's an acronym for לשון עם זר - the language of a foreign nation. So you have the Loazi calendar, and loazi words (like the Hebrew word for biology is biologia, so since it clearly comes from a different language it is a loazi word even if it's in a Hebrew dictionary).[/quote

Got it. My British husband uses he word 'blaaz' when he is referring to something In American English

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:47 pm
Birthdates of course. Social security numbers on the other hand... I know they each HAVE one... lol

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:55 pm
Yes but I never remember how much they weighed at birth...

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:59 pm
Yes. And their social security numbers. (I haven't yet memorized my baby's, but I know the other 4 by heart.) My husband's DOB and SSN too.

(I also know how much they weighed at birth Wink )
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics