Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How long till I.reconcile?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 5:59 pm
Very dificult daughter when around.me'. If im strickt she looks at dad, who is sometimes too sugar coating. So today I was too sensitive and she so talking didn't go 100 percent smooth. So I said and.who ironed your prefered outfit (SHE ASKED) late last night? She said the maid. While was me. I was so upset that she said the maid. (We don't have maids any evening ever- and she asked me to iron)- I said no privileges. Give me.back the temporary cell. Her own has an issue. And you will print and return the. .....to the company. .... she apologized 3 minutes later so I said Im too hurt, ask me another time. How long should I give silent treatment? If she comes again apologize is that enough? If she is silent and not attempting, when should I say Im accepting appologies? I don't wanna spoil her too much, shes quite a pest but we have to be Mochel like Hashem is question is when?

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:06 pm
https://drdemartini.com/demartini_method

Have you ever heard of this method of conflict resolution? I went to a talk about this a couple of days ago.

It starts with isolating the trait that your daughter has that you don't like and then identifying elements of that trait within yourself and then neutralizing it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:22 pm
Dear op,
I just want to say you CAN have a yummy relationship with your dd. It doesn't have to be this way. The way it's now sounds very painful. Maybe you have had unskilled role models, so I don't blame you.
Maybe consider going to a somatic-based experiencing therapist once or twice a week. Just go. Thank me later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)