Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Meghan markles wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:12 am
malky800 wrote:
Pipa's dress was almost perfectly tnzius. A little wide at the neck.
But for $600?
Did anyone see a knockoff for cheaper and I'll get it.

Pippa's wedding dress had short sleeves.

Fox

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 2:04 am
In general, I liked the dress, though I do hear the argument that the fit left something to be desired.

I thought the simplicity was trying to convey a sense of two grown-ups getting married as opposed to a fairy-tale, hyper-romantic mood. I think Meghan was specifically trying to avoid dressing like an ingenue.

Only two real comments of note that I'll pass along from the Northwestern University alumni forums:

First, the friend who introduced the couple had not intended Meghan to be considered as marriage material. Apparently there was a misunderstanding.

Second, though Meghan was hardly on Hollywood's A-list, she's unlikely to come out ahead financially or in terms of lifestyle as a result of this marriage. The further from the immediate line of succession, the less allowance royals receive from the Queen. At the same time, they are barred from many jobs where their status might be an unfair advantage. All while being expected to keep up aristocratic appearances and associating with people who have far greater disposable incomes.

William and Harry are somewhat protected from this system because Prince Charles has been financially successful in marketing products from his estates. However, the Queen's other grandchildren have had a tougher time. In the case of Prince Andrew and his daughters, the lack of cash has often led to poor decisions regarding friends and associates.

In short, everyone hopes that Meghan is well and truly in love, because a lifetime spent handing out ribbons at pony club gymkhanas while being pressured to spend more money than you have is probably not a better deal than the life of a working actress.

If they asked my advice, I'd tell them to move to Botswana and do some sort of economic development work and/or wildlife preservation. They'd be a big deal in Gaborone, they could live like aristocrats for less, and the British press wouldn't hound them. Whether your problem is keeping up with the Cohens or keeping up with the Llewellyn-Cowthorpes, sometimes you gotta move OOT!

essie14

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:11 am
malky800 wrote:
Quote:
But for $600?

amother wrote:
Pippa's wedding dress had short sleeves.

She meant the dress that Pippa wore to Meaghan's wedding.

I would totally wear it, as well.

https://thefoldlondon.com/prod.....silk/

chaiz

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:26 am
Fox wrote:

First, the friend who introduced the couple had not intended Meghan to be considered as marriage material. Apparently there was a misunderstanding.

Second, though Meghan was hardly on Hollywood's A-list, she's unlikely to come out ahead financially or in terms of lifestyle as a result of this marriage. The further from the immediate line of succession, the less allowance royals receive from the Queen. At the same time, they are barred from many jobs where their status might be an unfair advantage. All while being expected to keep up aristocratic appearances and associating with people who have far greater disposable incomes.

William and Harry are somewhat protected from this system because Prince Charles has been financially successful in marketing products from his estates. However, the Queen's other grandchildren have had a tougher time. In the case of Prince Andrew and his daughters, the lack of cash has often led to poor decisions regarding friends and associates.

In short, everyone hopes that Meghan is well and truly in love, because a lifetime spent handing out ribbons at pony club gymkhanas while being pressured to spend more money than you have is probably not a better deal than the life of a working actress.

So interesting. Good to keep in mind when their life looks glittering and glamorous.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:43 am
I hear, Fox.
It seems that a good part of the Royal wardrobe is costom made by famous designers. That adds up quickly.
It’s nice to see that they often shop retail, spending about double what I would for a siblings wedding. But I expect that.

My question is if they ever wear a hat twice, those take up space and cost more than a tichel.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:51 am
essie14 wrote:
malky800 wrote:
Quote:
But for $600?

She meant the dress that Pippa wore to Meaghan's wedding.

I would totally wear it, as well.

https://thefoldlondon.com/prod.....silk/

I read somewhere that Pippa's dress looked just like the Arizona Iced Tea can, and now that's all I see.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics