Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Meghan markles wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

etky

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 12:14 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Not all actors like all eyes on them. Some act for the experience of acting bc they are artists. There are plenty of introverted actors who don't like ppl following them around once the show is over.

Also would imagine she had limited input into the sort of wedding they would have.

From what I read and saw, she actually had quite a bit of input, at least as far as the officiant, the choir, the date and the invited guests were concerned. This was quite an unconventional wedding at least as far as royal weddings go. She also defied convention in her choice of gown. She was making a statement by going minimalist. When millions of eyes around the globe on her, not to mention the build up and suspense about the dress and its designer, it goes without saying that some will admire her choice and others will be dissapointed and that her choice will be taken apart and analyzed around the world in thousands of fora and media outlets. She's a super-celebrity and this comes with the turf.

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 1:07 pm
sorry this dress did not fit her well at all. she looked like she was swimming in it. whats up with the seamstress?? gosh cant you do tailoring properly. I wouldl be mad after all this and such a fit. no go. sorry whoever made this dress you dissappointed us all.

she also looks better with her hair loose. she also didnt have much makeup. whats up with her. she looked so gorgeous before the wedding. was a let down. I so adored her and still do but she wasnt dressed well and didnt do her hair well either. look at kate, she looked a hundred times better. her gown, hair and makeup. I still love meghan. her smile is absolutely infectious. she looks so so so happy. I cant help but smile when I look at her. I guess that matters more. kate had such a fake smile.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 1:17 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
sorry this dress did not fit her well at all. she looked like she was swimming in it. whats up with the seamstress?? gosh cant you do tailoring properly. I wouldl be mad after all this and such a fit. no go. sorry whoever made this dress you dissappointed us all.

she also looks better with her hair loose. she also didnt have much makeup. whats up with her. she looked so gorgeous before the wedding. was a let down. I so adored her and still do but she wasnt dressed well and didnt do her hair well either. look at kate, she looked a hundred times better. her gown, hair and makeup. I still love meghan. her smile is absolutely infectious. she looks so so so happy. I cant help but smile when I look at her. I guess that matters more. kate had such a fake smile.

Possibility - Megan liked her dress and the way it fit??

Might we see a trend of looser fitting dresses?

As to the bolded - Disappointment certainly does not describe how I feel.

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:07 pm
watergirl wrote:
I dont believe she had a choice about most of those things, which are quite the standard for this type of royal wedding.

She could have been married the way her father in law did it his second time. There was minimal publicity.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:15 pm
Squishy wrote:
She could have been married the way her father in law did it his second time. There was minimal publicity.

You think so? It wasn't the Royal's second wedding.

Of course you don't need to address this - but you seem to be very bitter about all this. Why?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:24 pm
greengrapes wrote:
Very disappointed. I think any jewish bride can look 10 x nicer. Very u underwhelmed

Because that's the look YOU are accustomed to.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:25 pm
Something about all this is rubbing me very much the wrong way.

Yes, she's a public figure, and people are going to have and express opinions.

But some of you sound like she has personally wronged you by not wearing a dress/hair/makeup in the style you would have preferred.

She doesn't owe you the fantasy Disney wedding look you wanted.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
There's a difference between discussing the dress and denigrating the woman. You crossed the line. You referred to her as "messy" "sloppy" "inappropriate" and "denigrating the status of royalty" with a sort of "'couldn't care too much' aesthetic."

ETA --

She was wearing makeup. It was expertly and beautifully applied, so that she didn't look like it had been spackled on.

THIS. So much this!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:29 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I also thought her dress was a bit to bla. The top part , I loved, but than nothing. Like something more would do a world of difference, and I love classic pieces, but it was extremely simple.

Her tiara was a dream! A real princess! I hated her hair.

Kate looked magnificent but extremely skinny.

I enjoy this gossip here. Lol!! 😂😝🤪

And I loved her hair. And thought Kate looked normal, like she recently had a baby, not too skinny.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:32 pm
Her dress wasn’t my favorite but I still thought she looked beautiful

Maya

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:

She was wearing makeup. It was expertly and beautifully applied, so that she didn't look like it had been spackled on.

Interesting. I have an eye for good makeup, and I thought hers looked amateurish and like someone quickly put on some liner and mascara before a quick grocery run. It didn’t look professional at all, and I can appreciate minimal makeup as opposed to a full face of paint. Hers just didn’t do anything for her.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:02 pm
Squishy wrote:

By the time they married, they had been having an affair for at least 20 years, probably longer. and were even living together. He'd been in love with her for a lot longer than that.

Not to mention that the Queen didn't even attend the wedding.

More importantly, the British public tolerates Charles' marriage to Camilla, but not much more than that. They remain in love with Diana, or the idea of Diana. They didn't even grant Camilla the title of Princess of Wales -- that's only Diana. The British public didn't want to see Charles marry Camilla.

All around very different from this wedding. The British public was rapt. They wanted to see this wedding. And they did.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:08 pm
Maya wrote:
Interesting. I have an eye for good makeup, and I thought hers looked amateurish and like someone quickly put on some liner and mascara before a quick grocery run. It didn’t look professional at all, and I can appreciate minimal makeup as opposed to a full face of paint. Hers just didn’t do anything for her.

I'm going to disagree.

She barely looks like she's wearing foundation. Yet her freckles are gone.

And remember what her hair really looks like.

Maya

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:14 pm
I don’t see that as flawless foundation at all, unless it’s a bad photo.

Also notice I didn’t say anything about her hair. I didn’t like it, but I only mentioned her makeup.

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
You think so? It wasn't the Royal's second wedding.

Of course you don't need to address this - but you seem to be very bitter about all this. Why?

I am not bitter. I think she isn't a class act. I feel she is greedy and looking to upstage everyone. I don't think she is kind to her family either. Why couldn't she tell her father she loved him when he said he couldn't come?

I think she overplayed her problems to gain Harry's sympathy.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:01 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am not bitter. I think she isn't a class act. I feel she is greedy and looking to upstage everyone. I don't think she is kind to her family either. Why couldn't she tell her father she loved him when he said he couldn't come?

I think she overplayed her problems to gain Harry's sympathy.

I think you read too many tabloids. I am surprised that you believe all of the shtus the media has concocted about her! How in the world would you know what the content of her conversations with her father were? Are you her sister?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:02 pm
amother wrote:
I'm going to disagree.

She barely looks like she's wearing foundation. Yet her freckles are gone.

And remember what her hair really looks like.

Sorry but she just doesn't look good on the picture. And its her wedding day no less.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry but she just doesn't look good on the picture. And its her wedding day no less.

Not sure why you are being apologetic.

In my opinion she looks beautiful.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:

Well, I guess we have different ideas of "looking good." And I guess you're a lot better looking than people I know.

I think she looks gorgeous. Natural. Sweet.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:09 pm
I think we can all take a lesson from the new dutchess. Beauty , confidence and happiness comes from inside. She may have not looked the way we all imagined a princess to look like. But she was definitely happy and confident in the way she looked. It's plastered all over her face.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics