Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Meghan markles wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:10 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am not bitter. I think she isn't a class act. I feel she is greedy and looking to upstage everyone. I don't think she is kind to her family either. Why couldn't she tell her father she loved him when he said he couldn't come?

I think she overplayed her problems to gain Harry's sympathy.

Perhaps bitter was the wrong word... I'm not sure. Maybe - why did you bother to invest so much time forming an opinion of this stranger? You seem angry here - mud slinging even.

You also really do seem to be looking for faults. How much could you possibly know about her? "Looking to upstage everyone"? Where is this coming from? Looking to upstage who? It was her wedding day... If she was looking to 'upstage' someone it would be her new SIL, and by I'd say by all accounts, she didn't make any effort to.

Why do care so much? As I recall - you don't live in a Commonwealth country even.

I'm really troubled by this. A thread about a wedding dress. Its not a thread about her character - why did you turn it into such?

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
I think you read too many tabloids. I am surprised that you believe all of the shtus the media has concocted about her! How in the world would you know what the content of her conversations with her father were? Are you her sister?

She made a PUBLIC announcement released by Kensington palace that was highly criticized in news organizations beyond the tabloids.

If I read too much, you read too little. Her statement and her treatment of her parents is pathetic and indicative of a self absorbed individual.

What kind of person doesn't invite their siblings to the weddings? I am sure her invited sister would have more severe criticisms of her treatment of her parents. She is a disgrace for publically humiliating her family.

Maya

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
Well, I guess we have different ideas of "looking good." And I guess you're a lot better looking than people I know.

I think she looks gorgeous. Natural. Sweet.

Natural and sweet, yes.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:18 pm
Squishy wrote:
She made a PUBLIC announcement released by Kensington palace that was highly criticized in news organizations beyond the tabloids.

If I read too much, you read too little. Her statement and her treatment of her parents is pathetic and indicative of a self absorbed individual.

What kind of person doesn't invite their siblings to the weddings? I am sure her invited sister would have more severe criticisms of her treatment of her parents. She is a disgrace for publically humiliating her family.

I have followed her way before Harry came on the scene. She has treated her parents with total respect. I am not sure why you would think otherwise. Her half-siblings are clearly deeply troubled individuals (especially her sister) who have acknowledged that they have not been in contact for a decade. They have behaved in an abominable manner. Kudos to Meghan for distancing herself from their toxicity.

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
Perhaps bitter was the wrong word... I'm not sure. Maybe - why did you bother to invest so much time forming an opinion of this stranger? You seem angry here - mud slinging even.

You also really do seem to be looking for faults. How much could you possibly know about her? "Looking to upstage everyone"? Where is this coming from? Looking to upstage who? It was her wedding day... If she was looking to 'upstage' someone it would be her new SIL, and by I'd say by all accounts, she didn't make any effort to.

Why do care so much? As I recall - you don't live in a Commonwealth country even.

I'm really troubled by this.

I voraciously read the news. I have opinions on a number of international people. And yes, many of them don't live in my country. I didn't do any extra research. As a matter of fact, I skip over many articles on her because I don't find her genuine or kind.

I disagree. I find her looking to upstage Kate. I find many of Princess Di's troubling traits in Megan without Di's class.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:20 pm
O haven't followed the weddings at all but when looking todayvat pictures I was very disappointed. Kate is a million times prettier and more elegant looking. She is in my opinion not pretty at all...I also hated her dress.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:30 pm
This thread is sad. It is perfectly okay to hate/ love her dress, but some of the name-calling and vitriol on here are a perfect example of why I think that Meghan is a class act. She has been subjected to this x 1000 from the moment news of their romance broke, and she has remained dignified through it all. In a world where my news feed is full of school shootings and volcanic eruptions, a joyful event such as this is a source of much needed sunshine. It's unfortunate that some people find it so hard to find joy in what is clearly a celebration of love.
Oif simchos!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:
This thread is sad. It is perfectly okay to hate/ love her dress, but some of the name-calling and vitriol on here are a perfect example of why I think that Meghan is a class act. She has been subjected to this x 1000 from the moment news of their romance broke, and she has remained dignified through it all. In a world where my news feed is full of school shootings and volcanic eruptions, a joyful event such as this is a source of much needed sunshine. It's unfortunate that some people find it so hard to find joy in what is clearly a celebration of love.
Oif simchos!

Eh, I give them five years, tops.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:33 pm
Squishy wrote:
I voraciously read the news. I have opinions on a number of international people. And yes, many of them don't live in my country. I didn't do any extra research. As a matter of fact, I skip over many articles on her because I don't find her genuine or kind.

I disagree. I find her looking to upstage Kate. I find many of Princess Di's troubling traits in Megan without Di's class.

Which publication published the 23 pounds loss eating ice cubes? And the marriage prior to Trevor?

Well thanks for sharing your unsolicited, angry negative opinions (most of which seem to be based on speculation) on a person that most of us are really only interested in "what she wore" and "how she looked".

I have opinions on matters that don't directly effect me was well.. but they don't make me angry.

Comparing to Princess Di now? I don't even know where to begin. I guess good for us that she'll never be Princess Megan.

Shes a person. A person who is famous. She has flaws like all people. Good reason we as Jews don't worship people.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:34 pm
amother wrote:

Case in point. Some of you must really live in a dark world if you wish divorce upon a newlywed couple!

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:34 pm
amother wrote:
I have followed her way before Harry came on the scene. She has treated her parents with total respect. I am not sure why you would think otherwise. Her half-siblings are clearly deeply troubled individuals (especially her sister) who have acknowledged that they have not been in contact for a decade. They have behaved in an abominable manner. Kudos to Meghan for distancing herself from their toxicity.

Your idea and mine of total respect are very different. They were dating since at least October 2016. Not introducing your father to your boyfriend, then finance, then husband is not the normal way to show respect.

It is interesting that you give the blame to everyone eise but Megan for all the dysfunction in her family. I feel she is part and parcel of it.

iyar

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:38 pm
Squishy wrote:

Squishy I like opinionated people and want to thank you for sharing your opinions. I couldn't figure out the amother who was "troubled" by your comment because you don't live in a Commonwealth country!
Having said that, I don't have much of an opinion myself on Meghan, but I do have a very strong opinion on her gown.
Awful.
I love simple and elegant. I wasn't wishing for more bling or lace or frills.
The problem with the completely unembellished dress is that it has to be cut just right so it doesn't settle into all the anatomical cracks and crevices present in even the most perfect bodies. The simple act of sitting down, or getting into and out of that beautiful rolls, can settle a gown into a position where it sags here or puffs up a bit there, or develops a small but unbecoming crease. A seam, a tuck, a stitch in the right place can keep it all looking pristine.
Not saying I ever show up to a wedding looking pristine, but with that figure and all that money, she could have done a lot better!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
Well, I guess we have different ideas of "looking good." And I guess you're a lot better looking than people I know.

I think she looks gorgeous. Natural. Sweet.

Natural, sweet yes! Gorgeous? That's taking it to far.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:41 pm
iyar wrote:
Squishy I like opinionated people and want to thank you for sharing your opinions. I couldn't figure out the amother who was "troubled" by your comment because you don't live in a Commonwealth country!
Having said that, I don't have much of an opinion myself on Meghan, but I do have a very strong opinion on her gown.
Awful.
I love simple and elegant. I wasn't wishing for more bling or lace or frills.
The problem with the completely unembellished dress is that it has to be cut just right so it doesn't settle into all the anatomical cracks and crevices present in even the most perfect bodies. The simple act of sitting down, or getting into and out of that beautiful rolls, can settle a gown into a position where it sags here or puffs up a bit there, or develops a small but unbecoming crease. A seam, a tuck, a stitch in the right place can keep it all looking pristine.
Not saying I ever show up to a wedding looking pristine, but with that figure and all that money, she could have done a lot better!

I'm not troubled because she doesn't live in a Commonwealth country. I'm troubled because her posts are sooo angry and bitter - and I'm sensitive soul. And we're frum women here - its just not what we do. I like opinions - just not on whether a person is trying to copy her late MIL. Yuck.

The commonwealth comment? She has no skin in the game to warrant caring so very much. Its bizzare to me.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:

Really now? Com on! May they live in happens and peace. At least Harry deserves it after his difficult childhood.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not troubled because she doesn't live in a Commonwealth country. I'm troubled because her posts are sooo angry and bitter - and I'm sensitive soul. And we're frum women here - its just not what we do.

The commonwealth comment? She has no skin in the game to warrant caring so very much. Its bizzare to me.

Everyone is intiteled to there opinion. Dont you think?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:47 pm
Squishy wrote:
Your idea and mine of total respect are very different. They were dating since at least October 2016. Not introducing your father to your boyfriend, then finance, then husband is not the normal way to show respect.

It is interesting that you give the blame to everyone eise but Megan for all the dysfunction in her family. I feel she is part and parcel of it.

If you have indeed voraciously read the news about her, you would know that both of her half-siblings are significantly older than her. Both lost custody of their own children and her sister's own kids have completely disassociated themselves from her. You would also know that she was primarily raised by her mother (with whom she enjoys an incredibly close relationship). As a young child of divorce, it seems that her relationship with her father is more complicated. It is also clear that her recent interactions with him were clearly complicated due to the horrid behavior of his older children.

It is especially notable that she has been unable to publicly respond to a any of the allegations spewed by her half-siblings or the tabloids. I don't think that she is a saint. I think she is a good, decent human being who deserves to be treated with the same dignity we afford all other humans.

iyar

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
Really now? Com on! May they live in happens and peace. At least Harry deserves it after his difficult childhood.

This.
Exactly.
I may not have liked the gown, but you can't see a picture of a young couple getting married and not wish them a happy life together.
(And lots of cute little babies. But that's just the Jewish mother in me speaking.)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:

I certainly wish them all that, but based on Harry's history of playing the field (14 serious girl friends, some simultaneously), and her background as a Hollywood actress (a field that does not result in long, happy marriages), I'm not optimistic. Which is why I predict a few kids, about five years, and then the end. I would be happy to see my prediction proven wrong, people can change, but the stats don't make things look good.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
Everyone is intiteled to there opinion. Dont you think?

I think casting aspersions is richilut and has no place here.

Want to talk about your opinion on a dress? Sure - by all means.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics