Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Jacksonville Florida

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 6:49 pm
Anyone here live in Jacksonville?
I'm looking for information about the community and specifically about the type of yeshivish people there? How many strong yeshivish families?
And any other info.. Would really appreciate it! Tia

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:07 pm
Jacksonville is a small, growing community. They have a kollel with plans to bring more rebbeim. But just a few really yeshivish families. There’s an Orthodox shul and Chabad in the eruv. Nice, affordable housing. K-8 school (yeshivish, mixed classes), and a girls’ high school. There are two kosher restaurants and pizza available at the shul. Hatzlacha!

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 10:39 pm
There’s a Facebook group called Jews in Jax and the yeshivish families are in it. Post there that you’re interested in finding out more about the orthodox shul and kollel and someone will probably reach out to you.

lucky14

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:40 am
amother wrote:
Jacksonville is a small, growing community. They have a kollel with plans to bring more rebbeim. But just a few really yeshivish families. There’s an Orthodox shul and Chabad in the eruv. Nice, affordable housing. K-8 school (yeshivish, mixed classes), and a girls’ high school. There are two kosher restaurants and pizza available at the shul. Hatzlacha!

Do the boys go away for high school? Are there any schools within driving distance?

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:57 am
No high schools nearby.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 12:13 am
lucky14 wrote:
Do the boys go away for high school? Are there any schools within driving distance?

There are talks of starting a boys’ high school soon.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 10:27 pm
We are also considering moving down to Jax.
A few Questions:
What is tuition like - for elementary and for the girls high school?
When will a boys high school be opened - a year/ 2 years or not in the near future
We are pretty modern/orthodox although grew up in the bais yaakov system - will I fit in? My kids? Foe example - I don't cover my hair but wear skirts.

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 10:37 pm
Re: your last question, yes you will fit in - some women cover their hair and some don’t, there’s a range.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 10:41 pm
Will I be accepted by those that cover their hair as well - many of my good friends cover - I have covered until about 2 years ago

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 10:50 pm
I don’t live there but have visited a few times. From what I’ve seen it’s a really lovely, warm OOT community and people of all religious backgrounds are welcomed and get along. You should speak to people who live there to get a better idea.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 01 2018, 2:07 pm
Important to note that the girls high school started this school year (2018-2019), and is very very small, like less than 10 students total.

The community is exceptionally warm and accepting, whatever "level" you are on.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 8:13 pm
anyone know anything about tuition prices there?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 11:07 pm
This is a year old, but you can get a general idea of tuition.
Torah Academy Tuition

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 7:09 pm
Are sibling discounts available?
At 9.5k per kid it’s a lot for a family with many kids Kah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating