Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling past security with medications in carryon

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:41 pm
I will be traveling soon, G-d willing. I take a number of medications daily. Rather than take 5 or 6 different pill bottles along, I divided my pills into pill containers marked for the days of the week. Now I read in the travel guidelines that medications must come labeled in their original containers. This would make me "schlep" 6 or 7 pill bottles rather than one medicine sorter for each day of the week. Can anyone please explain to me what I need to do? TIA

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:50 pm
I have not heard of this. I just traveled multiple times in the past month with a pill container like the one you are describing and had no issues. Where did you hear of this new rule?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:52 pm
If it matters I've travelled with even injectable meds and needles without an issue

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:58 pm
OP I was reading the TSA guidelines and all it mentions is that prescription medication pills can be brought on the flight in your carryon. There is no limit and no mention of needing to be in its original bottles.
Maybe to be on the safe side photograph the pill bottles with the prescription info with your phone in case they begin questioning. But I think you'll be fine.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
I will be traveling soon, G-d willing. I take a number of medications daily. Rather than take 5 or 6 different pill bottles along, I divided my pills into pill containers marked for the days of the week. Now I read in the travel guidelines that medications must come labeled in their original containers. This would make me "schlep" 6 or 7 pill bottles rather than one medicine sorter for each day of the week. Can anyone please explain to me what I need to do? TIA

You don't have to take all the pills with you, but you do have to take each container. Leave some of the pills at home outside the container.
I'm sure if you have time you can ask your pharmacist for smaller bottles with the printout on them.
TSA could technically take away your pills and that's a risk. How should they know if your unmarked pills are not recreational drugs or drugs for sale?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics