Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How to walk to beis faiga from e kennedy blvd at squankum rd
1  2  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:15 pm
Please help me. I dont know lakewood at all but I will be going to a wedding in beis faiga.

I am taking the lakewood express bus from brooklyn to lakewood. IT DOES NOT STOP AT BEIS FAIGA, so I was told the closest stop is at east kennedy blvd and squankum rd.

Can u please tell me how to walk to beis faiga from that stop? Are there sidewalks there? How many min will it take to walk?

Thanks so much. I like to be prepared before I go somewhere new.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
Please help me. I dont know lakewood at all but I will be going to a wedding in beis faiga.

I am taking the lakewood express bus from brooklyn to lakewood. IT DOES NOT STOP AT BEIS FAIGA, so I was told the closest stop is at east kennedy blvd and squankum rd.

Can u please tell me how to walk to beis faiga from that stop? Are there sidewalks there? How many min will it take to walk?

Thanks so much. I like to be prepared before I go somewhere new.

It's at least a 20 minute walk. Go straight down east kennedy, make a left on Clifton avenue, then a right on courtney. Bais faiga is the corner of Clifton and courtney. There are sidewalks most of the way.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
It's at least a 20 minute walk. Go straight down east kennedy, make a left on Clifton avenue, then a right on courtney. Bais faiga is the corner of Clifton and courtney. There are sidewalks most of the way.

Thank you for the response. If its a 20 min walk, is walking from lakewood bus terminal(near 1st street) closer bec maybe ill take bus from port authority if its shorter walk to beis faiga from lakewood bus terminal?????

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:37 pm
I would think E Kennedy is a safer walk at night and more pleasant and is probably closer.
Could you take a taxi?

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 8:08 pm
Don't GET OFF at Squankum

High traffic there and lots of seedy characters on Kennedy and C Line at night...

Get off on 7th st and Madison and its a 10 minute walk thru nicest part of town

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:18 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

High traffic there and lots of seedy characters on Kennedy and C Line at night...

Do they still stop at 7th and Madison?

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:34 pm
Unless they changed their policy, they're supposed to stop at Bais Faiga (Clifton and Courtney) and one if the BMG buildings a few blocks down Clifton. You should call bus company to confirm but it could be it depends on the driver. If its a afternoon/ early evening bus u may not be the onlt one to want to get off there. If it wont stop, then thr nearest stop is Forest and 9th.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:55 pm
We've found some of the drivers to be very nice, and make extra stops closer to where people need to go. It can't hurt to ask.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:52 pm
Thanks for the info. I called the company and they said kennedy /squankum is closest . Ill ask if they stop at madison &7th but their schedule didnt show that stop.

Do u know of a number to call a cab/car service ?

Thank u.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:26 am
It looks like they do stop at Bais Faiga. Read the part “drop offs” http://www.lakewoodexpress.com/

Cmon be nice

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for the info. I called the company and they said kennedy /squankum is closest . Ill ask if they stop at madison &7th but their schedule didnt show that stop.

Do u know of a number to call a cab/car service ?

Thank u.

The company is owned by Monsey Trails so its quite possible you spoke to some guy in Monsey whos never even been in Lakewood. Its worth it asking the driver

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:44 pm
OP, how did it work out?

Walking even a little where there are no sidewalks, isnt a good idea.

Cmon be nice

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
OP, how did it work out?

Being that she posted yesterday about going to a wedding, and being that its the 3 weeks, Im assuming shes talking about after Tisha Bav Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:00 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

totally agree. And some of the areas there don't have sidewalks. I remember a tragic accident that happened in that area with a woman walking there at night. I know it's been years but I don't think the conditions are any better.

I think even 9th and Forest, if they have a stop there, would be closer and safer. I seem to recall seeing buses stopping there. It's a safe corner, and sidewalks all the way...wouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so to walk to BF from there.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:13 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Being that she posted yesterday about going to a wedding, and being that its the 3 weeks, Im assuming shes talking about after Tisha Bav Very Happy

Brain dysfunction I guess.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
OP, how did it work out?

Everyone is scaring me so now im rethinking my plans. Ill call up again or maybe take a different bus. I DIDNT GO THERE YET BC THE WEDDING IS NOT UNTIL AFTER TISHA BAV.

THANK YOU everyone for the help.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 4:30 pm
Why dont you just call Lakeway car service?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:

This is a great idea, but PLEASE POST THE NUMBER. I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LAKEWOOD.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:

I think the bus will stop at bais faiga ..... ask the driver which is the closest stop to BF....if he says no stops there - call the car service but I really think you will get off there or a block or 2 away ...dont worry

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 3:46 pm
FTR, yesterday I was driving down Clifton Ave and noticed the Monsey Tours bus stopped between 10th and 9th Streets to let off passengers. So, even if they won't stop at Bais Faiga, you can get off there. It's only a few blocks away.

Walk up Clifton Ave to the higher numbered streets (10th, 11th, then Carey St and Courtney Road.) Turn left on Courtney and the hall entrance is a few steps away. There is also a building on Clifton itself, but that is not the hall (which, BTW, is officially called Ateres Chana)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics