Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Mosquito's driving me to insanity!!! (In my house)

aycg

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:53 pm
I wasn't sure under which forum to put this, I am going crazy!!! Every morning I wake up with bites all over my body... They are so so itchy I can not control myself and I scratch until my skin is raw. My skin looks abused, my hands, feet even back! (How do they get there??) Idea Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Until today I was sure its something else (like bed bugs or somthing. I was in touch with an exterminator) and not mosquito bites as I never had this before. but today I saw 2 misquito's in my house. Any suggestions on how to keep them away from Humans once they do get in? (I know I should keep my door closed so they dont come in in the first place) Any suggestions (besides after bite) to take away the itch? And any suggestion on how to make all my scabs go away fast so I should look decent???

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:27 pm
There are a number of anti-mosquito products you can buy on Amazon - bug spray, bracelets, spray for your linens, and for extreme cases, netting to put around your bed.

tf

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:33 pm
I use citronella oil with the only 2 ingredients of pure olive oil and citronella. Dab a drop on various body parts before bedtime. I also send it with my kids to camp and urge them to use it before going outdoor. Ever since I started using it a few years ago, we don't get bitten, unless we forget to use it. In which case, the bite is a reminder.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:00 am
Olive oil works to stop itching.
There's also anti-itch cream you can buy at many pharmacies

jewwoman

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 2:51 am
Citronella bracelets. Or u can get an mosquito repellent plug. They both work really well. I wear the citronella bracelet on my ankle at night cos its smells quite strong. Plus u can get some gels/creams for after bite. Anthisan in the uk is really good

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 7:45 am
Try to kill the mosquito when you see it's in the house.
Keep Bounce dryer sheets tucked all around your bed to keep them away when you sleep.
Buy a natural anti itch cooling cream at the health food store to apply to bites and don't touch.
Use bug spray on your body if you have to. When dd goes outside she uses Bullfrog sunscreen spray which comes with combined deet free insect repellent.

perry2020

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 7:46 am
Tried, no fail remedy. squeeze fresh lemon juice into an open cup and put in various places in your home. The mosquito repellents mostly smell from lemon and they hate the smell. So they'll leave you alone.

If you leave the house you can take along a spray bottle with lemon juice diluted with a bit of water and spray onto clothing or skin directly. Tried and proven!!

Hope this helps. Its much healthier than the commercial products and works better IMO.

perry2020

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 7:51 am
For scabs you can use as as arnica cream, from the health food store. Its a homeopathic remedy and helps me tremendously and pretty fast. You can also get it in an oral spray.

Rafuah shleima!

rgr

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 10:26 am
Take vitamin b12

aycg

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:20 am
OP HERE AND UPDATE.. I was not going crazy from mosquito bites. The bites were actually from bed bugs!!! shock shock shock Just confirmed this morning.. I know im in for a fun ride.. anyone with suggestions? advice???

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:46 am
well the vampire mosquito bit me all over last night ... still I did not have the heart to kill it

tf

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:06 pm
greenfire wrote:
well the vampire mosquito bit me all over last night ... still I did not have the heart to kill it

Not necessary to kill. Use citronella oil for prevention and you don't have to suffer either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics