Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Mortified!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:29 am
there were a group of kids fighting and when I stepped in to take care of the matter the kid ripped my entire shirt open (it closed with snaps) mortifying!!!

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:45 am
First, I feel very very embarrassed for you. Hashem should spare you any further embarrassing situations.
op, please imagine all the embarrassment that you've endured as a kapparah that should cleanse you squeaky clean before Rosh Hashana.
In the spirit of the month of elul I am going to suggest something, just because maybe this suggestion will make a dent somewhere. (I'm not shoving it down any ones throat, just suggesting)
It's a very good idea to prevent this ever from happening to wear an undershirt beneath or a cotton sleeveless shell. Like that, even if 2 buttons pop or open by mistake, no one will ever be able to see anything and you will be protected from any embarrassing situation that you may be in.
Wearing a slip also limits the effects of a skirt being pulled down or falling down.
Just a suggestion to channel this embarrassing event to a better place.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 11:52 am
I was walking down the street and my snood cought in a branch and my hair was uncovered. I put one hand over my head and with my other hand desperatly jumped to try to get my snood embarrassed

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:05 pm
walked behind a lady in a lightblue skirt and her back part had a bg blood stain.

I told her so she could change or cover it by wrapping a sweater around her hips or so. she was so shocked and unhappy, I reassured her that these things happen and she calmed down a bit.

I would really want someone to tell me if I was in such a situation.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:19 pm
We have a neighbor that her nipples are always popping out of her shirt! We don't know what to say & we're always squirming around her. It looks absolutely terrible.

princessleah

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:05 pm
When I had a baby I sent out a picture of her with an announcement to basically my entire address book (including my boss and the Rabbi of my shul) and realized after I sent it out that my nipple was in it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
We have a neighbor that her nipples are always pooping out of her shirt! We don't know what to say & we're always squirming around her. It looks absolutely terrible.

Start pointing it out privately in a nonchalant way. Are you cold? (while pointing discreetly).

Sadie

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:22 pm
princessleah wrote:
When I had a baby I sent out a picture of her with an announcement to basically my entire address book (including my boss and the Rabbi of my shul) and realized after I sent it out that my nipple was in it.

You’re in good company!

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 4:18 pm
I once walked out of my house to go shopping and my male neighbor was sitting in his car and was staring at me, and I was thinking "thats so wierd to just stare like that" and continued on my way.
I got to the big supermarket in Boro Park where I shop and was walking around the aisles ever so calmly. After a few minutes a middle aged woman comes running from behind me until shes literally in full body contact with me from behind and whispers "ur skirt is tucked into ur tights!"
Im actually blushing while writing with this just remembering the episode. 45 minutes I walked around like that!!!!

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah, saw that once on 13th ave. But I was on a bus, passing. Cringed for her.

Omg!!!! Maybe it was me!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 6:28 pm
One morning right after breastfeeding my four month old we had a medical emergency and Hatzolah needed to come and take us to the hospital. I was in such a state of hysterics I didn't realize that all my buttons on my nightgown were open, and my nursing bra was open with my breasts visible, since I never got to close them after the feeding. I only noticed when the Hatzolah member said " you don't have time to get dressed but maybe you want to close yourself up"

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
I got my snood caught on a low hanging branch and it came off. There were some people around, but most of them in cars, so I'm not sure who actually saw.

I had this happen to me as I was dropping off my DC at playgroup. Bh I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. I quickly pulled on the hood and removed the snood from the branch.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:09 pm
OP, one day I actually arrived to work without a bra at all!!! Don't ask me how that happened... I guess I was in such a hurry that morning... I sat at my desk and hid all day.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
Today, my male coworker (Jewish but not frum) came over to my desk to work on a project with me, then abruptly left. He intercomed me a few minutes later to say “actually, I think we’ll work on the project tomorrow morning.”

I bought takeout at my lunch break, and the Hispanic workers at the store were smirking at me and winking at each other the whole time. I was like, “I’m hot!” And felt kinda cool about it. (I’m pathetic, I know.)

I went to a big frum shopping center and took care of some errands, also during my lunch break.

As I was walking out of the office, I realized that the button by my bra on my new shirt had popped open, and I was flashing part of a boob at THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!

embarrassed

Please make me feel better!! Can’t stop thinking about it and feeling awkward.

Anyone have any wardrobe malfunctions to share? I can’t be the only one who this has happened to.

It’s kind of funny your first thought was, “I’m hot!” Then you find out your button is open....but didn’t you WANT to be hot? Maybe Freudian slip up?

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:19 pm
Stuff like this happens all the time. Just move on and forget about it.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:46 pm
princessleah wrote:

I did something similar. I work in an Ob office, and when I had my baby, I sent a pic to the office to hang up, which they did, in multiple spots for all the patients to see. I had been back at work almost a month before I took a second look at the picture one day as I was leaving. I was mortified when I realized that hundreds of patients, their husbands and everyone I worked with, had been looking at that photo for months!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:06 pm
Well, I have had multiple faux pas:

Had the blood stain at the back of my skirt. Only once where someone outside of the house saw and once where my DS pointed it out (while I was also outside the home). But it's happened other times but I caught it I think before others did. Now I always make sure to wear dark skirts with a pattern during my Aunt Flo time just in case I have a failure of sorts.

One time the zipper on my skirt inched it's way down and finally my skirt became so loose and fell half way off. I had a slip underneath and only my DH realized it at the time. He looked at me like I was crazy.

There was the time I forget to zip the side of my dress up. A kind female acquittance pointed it out

And my favorite! When I was very young, just after the birth of my DS, I had just finished breastfeeding him and was at my in laws. And my DH's other relatives were over as well. I couldn't understand why I had a large circular wet spot on the other side of my shirt. Everyone saw and I was oblivious to the cause but changed my shirt only after I had gone out and met people and realized there was a wet spot. It probably took me another day or so before I realized what was going on. (I was an orphan and didn't have any maternal input and my in laws were of no help to me then. I had to figure everything out on my own).

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:19 pm
During the meal at my brothers aufruf, someone pointed out to me that the zipper in the back of my dress ripped away from the dress, exposing my bra & back!!! Oh my!! Bhy DH pants ripped on the side on Friday right before shabbos, I fixed it with safety pins. I took the pins from him to fix my dress the best possible way on shabbos!!

gilamom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 11:42 pm
This happened to me last week, same spot as you but on a shirt dress!!! Two mothers were over by the swings and I kept telling myself I'm just being paranoid that they keep looking at me and giggling to each other, then I followed their gaze to my chest. UGH. After the shower that night I threw the dress into the garbage, funny thing is I saw someone wearing it the next day and she looked amazing which made me feel silly that I overreacted by throwing it out.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:00 am
I went to PTA in a skirt and tunic outfit. I always pushed the skirt down a bit when I wore it. But this time I recently lost a lot of weight and with my silky slip, my skirt slid right down when I stood up.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics