Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Mortified!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:47 pm
I just remembered this one. I was a newlywed and I had just put on maternity . It was Yom Kippur and I was wearing a new maternity outfit for the first time. It was also my first time that I'd be davening at my DHs kollel.
Someone had given me a white tichel as a gift for Friday nights and Yomim Tovim (this is a whole story in itself, and I don't cover my sheitel with tichels) but I decided to wear the "white tichel" on my sheitel lkovod Yom Kippur As is a typical thing for a Chasidish woman to do.
For the life of me I could not figure out why I kept getting stares in shul. I thought it's because I was a newcomer and nobody knew me. Well, Yom Kippur is a long day and when we got home from shul, and I was getting ready to change I saw that my maternity outfit had a massive slit , that literally went up to my mid thigh. I had no idea there was a slit and I never closed it up. That white tichel and huge slit combo was the reason for all those stares. Talk about first impressions!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 1:32 pm
Oy thunderstorm! I don't get why no one made you aware of it!
I was once at a park, a women told me that me skirt had a slit. I was so greatful, it was a new skirt I didn't know.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
Nchr, I have the same issue & there are plenty of solutions for this. There are shields & padded bra's. A women with a tiny bit of dignity would not knowingly walk around with protruding nipple. It's absolutely horrible. I assume that if a frum women goes around like that she doesn't know how bad it looks.

Really? I am nursing and have this problem. Even with padded Bras it shows. And with my tznius bathing suit, it's awful

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
Really? I am nursing and have this problem. Even with padded Bras it shows. And with my tznius bathing suit, it's awful

Silicone nipple covers

https://lindasonline.com/colle.....-coco

http://blog.lindasonline.com/2.....ares/

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:00 pm
Amother wheat, if you wear nursing pads or nipple shields with a padded bra it still shows?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:15 pm
I started using silicone pads - amazing, they really work!!!

I can’t believe that years ago I taped down my nipples with tape! It killed when I pulled off the tape!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
I started using silicone pads - amazing, they really work!!!

I can’t believe that years ago I taped down my nipples with tape! It killed when I pulled off the tape!

I used to use Band-Aids...

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
seems like a lot of people had "the red spot on the back of their skirts" story. I dont get it. Is this a normal thing where people leak through to their skirts? I have never leaked that badly even once in my entire 20 plus years of having periods.. whether I wore tampons or pads.. dont they absorb it? Either the heavy tampons with a liner or extra long pads and change every few hours... are the extra longs not long enough for some people? Not judging just truly baffled and curious. I cant imagine the embarrassment.

I assumed all these stories came from when the period just started and the person didn't even realize they had their period

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:31 am
That makes me even more baffled... periods dont just suddenly start gushing.. you see light staining for a few hours first -no? and when it does start flowing dont you feel it?
I guess I'm assuming the way I am is how everyone else is but maybe thats not how it works...do some people not stain first? Do you not feel the flow?
I'm learning something new every day.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:40 am
I have seen red spots on the back of peoples skirts here and there. They probably leak- and don’t expect or feel it then.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 6:27 am
amother wrote:
They're probably not changing them often enough.

I have to say I don't understand how so many people get their skirts/dresses stuck in their pantyhose. It's not that hard to get dressed. How do you not feel it?

Some people (like me) are very heavy bleeders. There is one day of my period where if I don’t change my ultra tampon every hour, I will leak badly. Now imagine getting stuck in traffic, caught in a meeting etc. I can wear a tampon and a pad at the same time and still leak a hour or two later.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:34 am
Once my daughter convinced me to climb up a jungle gym with her at an indoor playground and my sheitel got knocked off. I put it back on super fast but my daughter was shocked lol.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
Oy thunderstorm! I don't get why no one made you aware of it!
I was once at a park, a women told me that me skirt had a slit. I was so greatful, it was a new skirt I didn't know.

Well how hold a stranger know if the slit is intentional or not? Plenty of women do wear slitted skirts.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
Well how hold a stranger know if the slit is intentional or not? Plenty of women do wear slitted skirts.

Not with covered Shaitels!!!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
Some people (like me) are very heavy bleeders. There is one day of my period where if I don’t change my ultra tampon every hour, I will leak badly. Now imagine getting stuck in traffic, caught in a meeting etc. I can wear a tampon and a pad at the same time and still leak a hour or two later.

Same here. Its not fun.

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:02 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
... my maternity outfit had a massive slit , that literally went up to my mid thigh. I had no idea there was a slit and I never closed it up. That white tichel and huge slit combo was the reason for all those stares. Talk about first impressions!

Oh my. With a tichel non-the-less. I am rolling!

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:

But would you put on a white skirt during this time? I don't understand how that woman upthread could knowingly put on a white skirt while bleeding...

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:18 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
But would you put on a white skirt during this time? I don't understand how that woman upthread could knowingly put on a white skirt while bleeding...

Most probably she was having a regular morning when she got dressed and did not expect her period just then.
I doubt a heavy bleeder would wear a white skirt first 2 days...

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
Most probably she was having a regular morning when she got dressed and did not expect her period just then.
I doubt a heavy bleeder would wear a white skirt first 2 days...

My sister is a nurse - and at jobs where white skirts were mandatory it was a major issue.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:31 am
At a wedding my new maternity skirt fell down. It was before badeken and I was standing near the front of the room. It was so horribly embarrassing and it was a very close wedding.

I feel much better about it since reading this thread
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics