Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Important info about TammyTammy
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

Piper

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:31 pm
I can top this Tammy fiasco. I used to belong to a fibromyalgia support site, and this woman on the site had a baby with severe physical problems, she herself was hospitalized, etc. People on the site banded together and sent her baby things and $$. Turned out the whole thing was a hoax. And all this happened shortly after the creator of the site lost his wife to cancer.

leomom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:37 pm
Holy macaroni!! shock

OK, so I knew Sue was a fake a long time ago. And I thought the whole drama about Tammy getting offended and leaving was a bit over the top.

But it NEVER occurred to me that Sue was Tammy and Tammy was Sue (and someone else too). shock Because being the trust-the-good-in-people type, I just assumed Tammy was legit.

Knowing the truth now, however, it does make perfect sense.

Whoever said this is like getting to the end of a mystery and then having to go back and read it again to see the clues you missed... exactly!!

I just feel bad for those whose feelings were hurt during this whole thing, and for anyone who formed opinions or made judgments based on anything that Tammy/Sue wrote.

If the imposter is reading this: You may think g'neivas da'as is amusing, but the "joke" will ultimately be on you alone. I think serious teshuva is in order.

Yael

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:03 pm
the wife was reactivated. no need to punish the wife for the husbands doings.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:05 pm
If she is an active poster, she is surely going to wonder why she is deactivated. She will probably eventually contact the site and ask why she can't log on. If she hasn't posted in ages and doesn't plan to resume, she will probably never know what her husband did unless he tells her. If she does want to be reactivated, she would have to be told that someone with that IP address has been posting prank posts.

anon

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:08 pm
Why are we assuming that Tammy/Sue is a husband of a legit poster? I thought this was just a theory. Since when did it become fact?

gigi

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:10 pm
what if it's a teenage son, or daughter?
or even a boarder?

bluesclues

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:11 pm
if you ook back at tammy tammys earliest posts she does not seem like a male at all, maybe it was a husband and wife team having fun

Frumom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:26 pm
ive never read either of her (or should I say their) posts.
Maybe its her yetzer tov and yetzer hara...

Wow, either way that is messed up!

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:52 pm
I KNEW Sue was kind of "masculine" and that anon poster who was flinging verbal abuse at people just didn't sound like a woman....Now we know, according to Yael's current searches. This angry anon said really nasty things to women who were pouring their hearts out and at times I felt like staying off this site for a while because of it.

I don't feel bad, I feel vindicated...and much better about the REAL posters on this site!

And now I know I should watch what I post. DH may be watching you...
LOL

RedRuby

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:55 pm
Who needs TV?

Who needs movies?

Who needs soap operas?

WE HAVE IMAMOTHER!!! Cheers

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:57 pm
hm so that was a lot of reading ... I would joke that tammy tammy was schitzo - but nonetheless really thought she has a lot of interesting things to say ... like the questions people never ask because they are too afraid so they just shut-up and listen or do what they are taught ...

as for sue danym I indeed never liked the person quite crass ...

has it occurred to anyone of the possibility of the reasons behind all of this ... cause there really is too much friction amongst all of imamothers - can they possibly have just brought it to the open ... the things others see but can hardly explain ...

just thinkin ...

cookielady

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:58 pm
I thought we were one big family! 8)

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:02 pm
We're pretty dysfunctional, so I guess you're right.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:09 pm
Add A P to Sue Danyms name!

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:35 pm
Wow, I was never really involved in any of these threads so I dont really know the full story here but
1. Is the IP that u are tracing a computer IP or an internet connection IP, cuz a lot of people share a wireless router so they would technically all be on the same internet IP, so it could very well be neighbors and/or coworkers.
2. When a new member registers doesnt their IP come up in the registration, so that if you see the same IP come up twice u know that it is a double-identity situation?
3. The husband idea makes a lot of sense. I know that I go on imamother at my husbands office when I am there.
4. What about people that go online from the library or internet cafes or hotspots?

roza

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:40 pm
Clarissa wrote:

ps - Yael - Are you sure those were the only two identities? Or was there a triplet out there?

yes, Yael, please check if Clarissa's IP address matches TammyTammy's and Sues.

Sue Danym was an obvious fake, never replied to that one, but I thought: "let some bored soul have some 'fun' in virtual life."
And who let that fake into lub. forum? Now we need to add a lie detector and psychological test to the forum admission process.

gigi

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:43 pm
roza wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

ps - Yael - Are you sure those were the only two identities? Or was there a triplet out there?

yes, Yael, please check if Clarissa's IP address matches TammyTammy's and Sues.

Sue Danym was an obvious fake, never replied to that one, but I thought: "let some bored soul have some 'fun' in virtual life."
And who let that fake into lub. forum? Now we need to add a lie detector and psychological test to the forum admission process.

hey don't take clarrissa out. I like her!
she's my support in that weight accountability thread.

yoyosma

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:43 pm
I have been AWOL from this site for a while and didnt see all that happened, but I did go back and read some of the threads and arguments and noticed something specific.
When Tammy posts, shes very articulate and signs her posts. Sue wrote very erratically and had poor punctuation.
However, I noticed the source citing was practically identical. I also noticed a similar straightforward writing style.
I dont think its too hard to keep two different screen names, just know their writing styles and stick to it. I know that if I ever posted as amother (not often) I tried to sound different.

Anyway, I think this thread should be closed. Yael doesnt have to defend herself as to how she came to her conclusion, I think those of us who frequent this site should trust her judgment. I also think that all this speculation and talk and outrage over Tammy/Sue is bordering on Lashon Hara and should just stop.
(and no, im not her. yael can check my IP to be sure:) )

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:44 pm
Also where has zeldy gone?

chanieTLS

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:51 pm
wow, this has been educational shock
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics