Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Important info about TammyTammy
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

mumsy23

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 11:59 pm
anon wrote:
Why are we assuming that Tammy/Sue is a husband of a legit poster? I thought this was just a theory. Since when did it become fact?

I agree! Yael, that was good detective work find three posters that is one and I see how them posting from the same IP leavs little doubt that it is indeed one poster but how are you so sure that on of them is legit?! It sounded as though you had a hunch, and now you are reinstating one of them based on this? Is there more information that you aren't telling us? I'm so confused! This could very well be a case of multiple personalities, I have read books about this disorder and many times the person herself doesn't know what she has been doing when she gets into another personality 'mode'. People can have 7+ personalities and doing all these things and one personality doesn't know what another has been doing. I saw a woman on a talkshow that was sending herself death threats and calling the police about them. She genuinly did not know that she (another one of her personalities) was sending herself the notes!

Again, how do you know it's a husband? When did that become fact?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:23 am
are we saying it's HER husband or just someone's?

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:37 am
I find two things here are very disturbing:

1. The faked postings. I'm thinking about leaving the site (and not posting under a different user name!), just because I'm thinking that ANY interactive internet site is NOT a safe place for a frum woman to hang out and share her private thoughts.

2. The sarcasm about medical diagnoses. It's simply beneath our level as frum adult women to keep commenting darkly that the poster must be scitzophrenic, sick, crazy, etc. What about respect for other, sincere, people who have been diagnosed with medical conditions? This particular person behaved with deciept and hurt a lot of us. If he or she won't answer emails, then he or she is forfitting the chance to explain the behavior. But please, let's talk about medical conditions with responsibility and respect.

roza

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:38 am
I suggest to read up a little on 'trolling games' and types of trolling games: http://www.jfo.org.uk/info/new/troll.htm#game

In my opinion, situations such as this one will come up again and again, because of the ideological and anonymous nature of the forum.
May be in order to protect the rest of the users on the forum the Admin should check the personal information of each new member applicant and investigate if it's a real info of the real person. Fakes invent their 'personal' information.

In one of the forums there is a system where other members of the forum vouch for a new member. Yet in another women's forum a new women member actually had to get a phone call from one of the moderators who will speak to a lady and ascertains that the lady more or less legit, again she would have to provide user names of other forum members who can vouch for her.

Last edited by roza on Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

mimivan

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:39 am
I assume Yael wouldn't be revealing something unless she was sure it was accurate. As a site administrator, I am sure she is quite knowledgeable about tech as well, and thought about the issues with the IP address. I am not second guessing her on any of this info or on the husband theofry, because we do not know more of the details than she does.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:43 am
Thanks for the link. That was interesting.

louche

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:55 am
RedRuby wrote:
Who needs TV?

Who needs movies?

Who needs soap operas?

WE HAVE Imamother!!! Cheers

LOL

no one ever read or saw The Three Faces of Eve? based on a true case of one person, three distinct and very diffrent personalities, and only one personality was aware of the other two. Forgot the actress who played the part, but it was an amazing acting job. she changed her postur, walk, facial expressions, everyting, even her voice, and really seemed like a different person in each role. maybe TT/SD has this disorder and so each one really is in a sense a different person.

eeewww, it's late, everyone is asleep and this whole episode is giving me the creeps.

Blossom

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 1:02 am
This thread deserves the "SHOCKED shock " award!!!

I truly hope that if there's a legitimate poster with the same IP address that she is safe, living with a person who could do something like this.

chavamom

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 1:30 am
roza wrote:
I suggest to read up a little on 'trolling games' and types of trolling games: http://www.jfo.org.uk/info/new/troll.htm#game

I'd say they reached a near "level 4" in the game of trolling here.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 1:32 am
Guess what? Tammy just replied to the email I sent her. It starts like this
:

I sent the following apology to Yael in the hopes that she will post
it on the board. I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused and hope that
you and the other members of the board will be able to forgive me.

So, Yael, I, Isramom8, am waiting to see if you post Tammy's apology and explanation. If not, I will attempt to post it myself.

technic

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 3:09 am
roza wrote:

yes, Yael, please check if Clarissa's IP address matches TammyTammy's and Sues.

hands off clarissa!!!! Twisted Evil

Apple pie

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 3:19 am
From Roza's link:

Quote:
They use language that is carefully constructed to be subtly invidious. This language is designed to identify two or more separate groups of people, and encourage list members to identify the negative traits of those groups. This creates argument and dissent between list members.

Pretty accurate, no?

PS: Thanks Roza for the link, was a very interesting read.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 4:42 am
technic wrote:
roza wrote:

Why? are you clarissa's other sn?

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 4:45 am
I changed my mind - I will not be posting Tammy's apology and explanation. In a private email communication, Tammy has requested that I leave that choice up to Yael.

mali

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 4:47 am
Isramom, so you actually know this person?

technic

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 4:48 am
amother wrote:
technic wrote:
roza wrote:

Why? are you clarissa's other sn?

lol nope - but she gets my humour!!! LOL

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 4:57 am
No, I do not know her. I found her email address on the Memberlist of this website, and I contacted her about all this to give her the opportunity to respond.

maidale

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 5:01 am
Ok, I missed most of the fun because being in a differen time zone, I slept through most of the heated discussions here... First of all Isramom, you seem to be extrememly forgiving here, why exactly? She hurt a lot of people in the forum, and deceived all of us, why is it ok for her to have fun on our expense? or am I missing something here? I'm relatively new to this site, so I didn't really come in contact either either of these 2 posters, but I still feel indignant and violated.... Certainly works on your trust issues!!!

mali

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 5:03 am
maidale wrote:
Ok, I missed most of the fun because being in a differen time zone, I slept through most of the heated discussions here... First of all Isramom, you seem to be extrememly forgiving here, why exactly? She hurt a lot of people in the forum, and deceived all of us, why is it ok for her to have fun on our expense? or am I missing something here? I'm relatively new to this site, so I didn't really come in contact either either of these 2 posters, but I still feel indignant and violated.... Certainly works on your trust issues!!!
I totally agree. I don't see why anyone should be defending her.

Apple pie

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 5:57 am
mali wrote:
maidale wrote:
I totally agree. I don't see why anyone should be defending her.

Well, she's not here to defend herself... (or is she? Twisted Evil ) so maybe someone else should do it...
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics