Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Important info about TammyTammy
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

ny21

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:00 am
A. How did this person Tammy Tammy hear about this site?B.

I think Roza's idea is good , we should all vouch for a new member etc,

C. I thought her last name was a hebrew word like- DAYAYNU -

as in" it would have been enough "if she had

one screen name. ".
Exploding anger Exploding anger Twisted Evil

Last edited by ny21 on Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:08 am
mali wrote:
maidale wrote:
Ok, I missed most of the fun because being in a differen time zone, I slept through most of the heated discussions here... First of all Isramom, you seem to be extrememly forgiving here, why exactly? She hurt a lot of people in the forum, and deceived all of us, why is it ok for her to have fun on our expense? or am I missing something here? I'm relatively new to this site, so I didn't really come in contact either either of these 2 posters, but I still feel indignant and violated.... Certainly works on your trust issues!!!
I totally agree. I don't see why anyone should be defending her.

I think it is moot. I think Tammy isn't a woman in any case, at least that was the latest from Yael (I also wrote "Tammy" and received the same basic answer as Isramom did). So "Tammy" doesn't belong here. "Tammy's" real life wife is apparently on this list. She needs her privacy...and I do think that Yael should let her know what her husband has done, as he may be violating her privacy in other ways.

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:33 am
This husband is probably having such a laugh right now b/c he can see all of us discussing this.

There has to be a better way of preventing this from happening again.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:43 am
I think we should just move on and not talk about Tammy Tammy '
we do not know what her husband is capable of .and just wish them well
if one of them is totally innocent I feel badly for her,.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 6:46 am
Sorry folks, I don't need to defend myself for being forgiving. I wouldn't call my willingness to at least listen "forgiving", anyway. I have nothing to do with Tammy other than respecting her as a peer, another frum woman. I believe that's the Torah way.

Of course, Tammy may not in fact be who she (or he) claims to be. I was brief in my email correspondence with her. I suggested professional help. If she is for real, maybe she will seek it out.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 7:01 am
It's starting to look a little salem-witch trial in here...

Tehilla

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 7:27 am
just an aside, if Yael did email the 3rd username for this "situation," and if that person reads this...won't she go, "Oh wait, that's like the email from Yael."

so in a way, she has already been told if she reads this...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 7:53 am
woah

Ima'la

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 7:54 am
shock shock shock shock shock

I've been following this thread pretty much from the beginning, but felt I didn't have anything to add....but I've decided not to let that stop me Tongue Out

I don't really go in for the debates and I'm not in the Lub. forum, so I was spared most of the drama, except for Tammy's dramatic goodbye thread. So reading all this, besides the shock all I keep thinking is - But that Sequential Threads thread is so much fun!

Btw, I "chapped" sue's sn from the beginning - I thought it was cute and actually always meant to compliment her on it - now I don't feel bad that I never got around to it! But I don't think it was a "tip-off" - we also have users named anon, plonis, suoyonona (whose sn I just understood this week from s/t s/o else wrote on a thread - always wondered about it - thought it was some reference to her grandmother nona or something!)

And faigie, I keep going back to look, but I cannot find any furry animals in your makeup brushes!!!

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 8:06 am
roza wrote:
yes, Yael, please check if Clarissa's IP address matches TammyTammy's and Sues.

Should I take this as a compliment? Maybe you're trying to say that I'm clever enough to have been created by a mind that would be capable of keeping several identities going here. Thanks! Because I dare say that there are certain people here who absolutely wouldn't have the intellectual capacity to support such a ruse. Don't take offense, Roza, I couldn't be talking about you!

For those of you who watch tv, and old tv at that, this is starting to remind me of an old "Twilight Zone" episode. If anyone is interested in a summary, click on this link:
http://tzone.the-croc.com/twilight1.html
and then click on the link to "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street."

I just told my husband about Roza's post and he accused of creating Roza to accuse me of being one of Tammy's identities. Gotta love that guy.

(thanks, by the way, to those who defended me. And special thanks to the amother who accused Technic of being one of my other identities.)

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:01 am
so ... still going on ... I'll add some more tidbits ...

faigie - I too saw your avatar as a bunny rabbit What

technic - what about me - I get your humour too Drunken Smile

as for the rest of yous - we all have alter personalities when we post ... I see it even whilst keeping your same screenames ... Twisted Evil

as for teasing about being schitzo ... hey the world goes on - perhaps I'm schitzo myself or a loved one and still choose to jest ... Wink

and being confirmed as to who we are ... that is exactly what happened to me when I joined - when a week later somebody accused me of being a man - I had a frisking (not sure really what anybody gained) I rather thought it FUNny Nervous

gryp

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:23 am
mali wrote:
maidale wrote:
Ok, I missed most of the fun because being in a differen time zone, I slept through most of the heated discussions here... First of all Isramom, you seem to be extrememly forgiving here, why exactly? She hurt a lot of people in the forum, and deceived all of us, why is it ok for her to have fun on our expense? or am I missing something here? I'm relatively new to this site, so I didn't really come in contact either either of these 2 posters, but I still feel indignant and violated.... Certainly works on your trust issues!!!

I third this.
And I think those who took Tammy's side in her drama thread and said nasty things towards the Lubavitch forum posters should apologize.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:27 am
Quote:
I found her email address on the Memberlist of this website

Unless you know this person IRL, you have no idea who you're emailing. Cmon.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:28 am
GR wrote:
mali wrote:
maidale wrote:

I third this.
And I think those who took Tammy's side in her drama thread and said nasty things towards the Lubavitch forum posters should apologize.

Did those who posted against her, before we knew that she was faking identities, apologize publicly? Have those who have started to get a little too enthusiastic about finger-pointing apologized? Why are people continuing to use this situation to do further damage to trust and civil communication? If anything, we should consider this deception an opportunity to take a sobering look at how pointless all of these divisive feelings and posts are.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:30 am
GR wrote:
mali wrote:
maidale wrote:

I third this.

Why? Even if the person is a fraud, people can still agree with the points that were made.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:32 am
I happen to think tammy tammy had a lot of good points ... too bad not many of you see them ...

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:34 am
greenfire wrote:
I happen to think tammy tammy had a lot of good points ... too bad not many of you see them ...

I agree. I said it before and I'll say it again, I liked her/him/it and I liked what she/he/it said.

RedRuby

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:35 am
Clarissa,

I'm so glad you have a great sense of humor, and that you took that as a compliment.

This site wouldn't be the same without you, so don't go anywhere!!!!

We need you.

gryp

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:46 am
I don't think you guys get it yet. Tammy started the thread about herself in Lubavitch forum, bashed herself, and then posted to everyone that Lubavitchers were bashing her.

And a bunch of you demanded that the Lubavitchers who bashed her apologize with some other insulting remarks. I personally feel that that calls for an apology.
The Lubavitch forum was wrongly accused with insults because Tammy messed with your heads.

If you don't think you (whoever you may be) owe an apology after you (whoever you may be) flung dirt at innocent people, then I think something is majorly wrong.

How you can like someone who messes with other people's heads in order to make certain people look bad, is beyond me.

Is Tammy exempt in your mind from the trouble she caused because she was sometimes funny and you liked some of her ideas? Does "funny" and "likeable" override being nice and doing the right thing?

Honestly, an apology from Tammy is worth about as much as any of her posts here, which are all garbage in my eyes. Someone who purposely deceives others, spends an entire thread (or 2 or more)posting to herself, tries to make a certain group of people look bad, and causes hurt feelings by her nasty raging posts, is not worth her weight in dung, as far as I'm concerned.

RedRuby

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 9:49 am
Either way, TammyTammy gets the last laugh.

We're all in a dither about "The Scandal on Imamother" and unearthing old threads to try to find clues.

I told ya...it's the Agatha Christie novel. And like in those mysteries, once you start with your list of suspects, (could it be 2 or 3 people? Tammy's husband? someone else's husband?) there is suspicion cast on everyone without an alibi.

That would be all of us. Suddenly, I log in, and before responding, I stop and think, is this a guy? Is she who she really says she is?

And where this once was this close connection (or at least the general feeling of 'we're all in this Imamother club together) suddenly, we're watching our backs. Which is probably a safer thing, but it still makes me sad.

I think that's what's hard to just forgive...that the trust that we had in each other as women was betrayed.
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics