Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
7yr old playdates

solo

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:48 pm
My 2nd grade son loves to have friends over but doesn’t know how to play with them. I do t allow him on his tablet when he had friends so he spends most of his time showing them all our household electronics - the intercom, humidifier, even the dryer. He will literally just push buttons on the dryer.
Or he gets into things he knows he’s not supposed to. I’ve made suggestions before and after guests come if appropriate activities. I don’t wanna embarrass him by reprimanding or criticizing when friends are over but I try to direct them to better options but Time in the backyard, doing a craft, playing a board game, never last more than 5 minutes before my son has invited his friend back to his bedroom or the laundry room or...
What do 7 yr old boys do on play dates. How can I help my son?

bestme

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:19 pm
I tell my son before the guest arrives that first the guest will choose a game and then when they are finished playing the game, my son will choose a game from the toy closet. I stay in the room and I tell the friend to choose a game. After they finish playing then I tell them that my son will choose a game. They take turns choosing game the entire time. Sometimes every game lasts 5 minutes and sometimes I am lucky and they last longer. I do have to stay in the room most of the time that he has a friend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children