Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Children’s winter coat
1  2  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 2:08 pm
I’m looking to buy children’s winter coat. I need it for cold and snowy weather. I’ve bought gap and appaman for the past years, but by the end of the season they are garbage.
Any suggestions?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 2:09 pm
J Crew but they're more expensive and dry clean only.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 2:52 pm
I can't see wearing coats for more than one season. Gap has down coats on sale on the outlet right now so you can even by 2 and alternate

simba

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:05 pm
Lands End is a good buy. Not as trendy looking but quite durable and machine washable.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:31 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I can't see wearing coats for more than one season. Gap has down coats on sale on the outlet right now so you can even by 2 and alternate

I agree that at this age/stage most coats don't last more than a season. Because of fit and how hard they are on their coats/how many times they have to be washed.
You need to get lucky. The thick plastic looking? type appaman coat last beautifully, for more than 2 seasons. The long matte appaman coats? Need to be washed often and hard to maintain but last 2 seasons. The shiny outer down coats from appaman and gap? At the end of the first season they can look ragged.

Are you sure that gap factory has down coats? I saw a lot of them listed as warmest and down, but if you go further down to the description they're all polyester fill.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I agree that at this age/stage most coats don't last more than a season. Because of fit and how hard they are on their coats/how many times they have to be washed.
You need to get lucky. The thick plastic looking? type appaman coat last beautifully, for more than 2 seasons. The long matte appaman coats? Need to be washed often and hard to maintain but last 2 seasons. The shiny outer down coats from appaman and gap? At the end of the first season they can look ragged.

Are you sure that gap factory has down coats? I saw a lot of them listed as warmest and down, but if you go further down to the description they're all polyester fill.

I saw the exact one that I bought from gap at the end of last season (I bought it for this season) navy win gold stars or pink. Long. On the outlet. I guess it could be just the fabric is the same and the fill is different?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:09 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I saw the exact one that I bought from gap at the end of last season (I bought it for this season) navy win gold stars or pink. Long. On the outlet. I guess it could be just the fabric is the same and the fill is different?

It could be. I think I saw something like made exclusively for gap factory or something like that.

LittleMissMama

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:15 pm
Lands End. They pass down from kid to kid in my house.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 5:12 pm
Costco has amazing winter coats with a thinner zip out jacket inside. Warm, durable, lasts for years.
The brand is Gerry.

gande

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 7:31 pm
J crew has 40% off now, and their coats are supposed to be great. I got the short metallic blue puffer for my kids and with an additional 15% off for signing up it came out to about $50!

bargainlover

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 7:51 am
gande wrote:
J crew has 40% off now, and their coats are supposed to be great. I got the short metallic blue puffer for my kids and with an additional 15% off for signing up it came out to about $50!

Is it true the coats are dry clean only?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:05 am
I need coats for toddler boy and girls size 5. Where sis everyone get? I checked out JCrew but the coat I like is like $95 after the promo. Any other ideas? (Rather longer)

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:10 am
ali express had for cheaper. Amazon also has for cheaper. zara has for cheaper.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:11 am
I ordered a multi hued metallic puffer for 3 yr old girl at crazy 8.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:41 am
bargainlover wrote:
Is it true the coats are dry clean only?

Look at the description of the coat you're contemplating. Garment care is listed online for each of their items.

lizard8

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:47 am
I bought my boys the gap parka with fur hood multiple times and they look great at the end of the season. They usually last two seasons and I put away for next kid. I wash them as needed and come out great.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:52 am
DD is going to wear her gap jacket for the 2nd year this year. It looks practically new.

I find that color makes a big difference. One year I got her an adorable shade of gold metallic, but at the end of the season it had stains all over. This one's a navy, and it shows nothing.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:02 am
I wasnt happy with my daughters gap coat at all and personally wouldn't buy one for her from there again. My son's was fine though and he can wear it another year.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:11 am
I throw the gap (and other coats) in wash every few weeks since they start to look grimy. I can't imagine dry cleaning anything for a toddler

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:37 am
So my daughters wore their zara’s Navy down coats the last two winters. They were amazingly warm and cute too. One coat is not in good condition anymore, the other really is but my girls are reminding me that I promised them they wouldn’t have to wear the coats for the third season.

Now they are asking me for appaman coats- with a monkey. Are these warm? I googled and they are so expensive! Anyone know how to get these for less?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics