Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next

suremom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 12:49 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
julius Eisenmann was Harry Franklin's employer. The Eyes of Africa were stolen from him.

Wasn't Harry some sort of partner? Also, Jamie is definitely leading Leo on. It doesn't seem like Harry actually took the 'Eyes'. (is that real or fiction Confused ).
We are not much smarter on what occurred by that faithful meeting between Harry and Issy. ..

Chaya123

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 10:38 am
I also don't think Harry took the Eyes and when oh when will be merit to see Birdie's revelation??? Something tells me this will drag out to the bitter end...

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:49 pm
Harry's raw grief and disbelief over how he had an unwitting hand in the demise of his best friend is surreal and amazing. It makes you want to root for him. He's a flawed human being, but a human nonetheless. And I think he has ADHD. Very Happy

cbsp

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:58 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Harry's raw grief and disbelief over how he had an unwitting hand in the demise of his best friend is surreal and amazing. It makes you want to root for him. He's a flawed human being, but a human nonetheless. And I think he has ADHD. Very Happy

You only think? LOL

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 10:04 pm
So we have two questions now.
Where DID Harry go with the horse that day when he woke from his drunkness? (After Julius confronted him)
And WHERE IS THE DIAMOND????

I don't think Harry took the diamond back.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 3:26 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
So we have two questions now.
Where DID Harry go with the horse that day when he woke from his drunkness? (After Julius confronted him)
And WHERE IS THE DIAMOND????

I don't think Harry took the diamond back.

he went to follow Issy. He assumed Issy had made his way to Johannesburg with the diamonds and he followed him with the horse.

I also dont think Harry took the diamond back.

I wonder who the real culprit is here. Maybe Scotty Smith?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:00 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
he went to follow Issy. He assumed Issy had made his way to Johannesburg with the diamonds and he followed him with the horse.

But he didn't reach him. Did he? And he turned back. Why?

Miri1

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:51 pm
He discovered soon enough after reaching town that Issy had been killed.
He is truly grief struck, and apparently doesn't even think about the diamond after he hears his friend is dead.
I don't believe the Scotsman has the diamond - we "witnessed" his exchange with Leigh - they are both frustrated that they didn't find it.

Jamie is a nasty piece of work and probably lied about Harry double crossing Issy in order to get Leo to do his work for him.
He was sent to South Africa in the first place because he was a disgrace to his aristochratic British family.

suremom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I also dont think Harry took the diamond back.

I wonder who the real culprit is here. Maybe Scotty Smith?

I dont think it was Scotty Smith. Maybe Issy hid it somewhere so as not to get caught with it until things die down? or maybe he did that (hiding it) with Harry? I dont think anyone actually took the stones further.

Miri1

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:28 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
But he didn't reach him. Did he? And he turned back. Why?

Good point, I went back and read that part. We don’t know where he went but he came back and was later informed by Julius of Issy’s death...
I’m still not sure Jamie has the information though.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:06 am
It's finally all coming together! We're caught up to the point until Birdie shows up to get married. Now I wonder if Birdie will finally reveal her own identity....

Scotty

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:00 am
Quote:

t's finally all coming together! We're caught up to the point until Birdie shows up to get married. Now I wonder if Birdie will finally reveal her own identity...

...Because that's gonna solve *all* their problems, obvs. Crying

So much fun coming up. SO. MUCH. FUN.

PS. This thread is so lovely - thinking of doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) here. Anyone interested?

keym

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:02 am
We still don't know who killed Issy

cbsp

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:33 am
Scotty wrote:
Quote:

t's finally all coming together! We're caught up to the point until Birdie shows up to get married. Now I wonder if Birdie will finally reveal her own identity...

PS. This thread is so lovely - thinking of doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) here. Anyone interested?

Please do, I have loads of questions LOL

First one :
Did you base the entire story line on 2 unanswered telegraphs?

keym

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:45 am
Scotty wrote:
Quote:

Did Morrie end up getting married? They were teasing him about a kallah.
Is Cob mixed up in anything?
Will we learn about Birdie's true identity, and her family?

Will Grey Lines ever get published? Hands down, that was my absolute favorite that you ever wrote (and I'm a huge fan).

suremom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:16 am
keym wrote:
We still don't know who killed Issy

scotty smith's man did.
what we are missing is what happened when harry rode out to meet up with Issy and turned back?

suremom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:19 am
Scotty wrote:
Quote:

YES.YES.YES!

Also, I miss Wolf and Caro terribly Crying . (now thats something worth crying about!)

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:29 pm
keym wrote:
Did Morrie end up getting married? They were teasing him about a kallah.
Is Cob mixed up in anything?
Will we learn about Birdie's true identity, and her family?

Will Grey Lines ever get published? Hands down, that was my absolute favorite that you ever wrote (and I'm a huge fan).

and I'm still waiting for a sequel to Shortchanged! that one's my absolute favorite!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:56 pm
Now I'm not sure whose worse off- Harry or Birdie?!

They both have got some major major issues Smile

Who's gonna be madder at who??

cbsp

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 2:39 pm
Did Issy's voice /tone change? It seemed from the beginning of the story - when we weren't clear that he was a "ghost" - that the tone was more mocking in a good natured way - Issy could have been a friend when they "met" in shul...

Now that we've caught up he sounds more vengeful and spiteful (whether it's dialogue [monologue?)] from immediately after he was killed to even comments taking place "now"). There's no way I would have thought "friend" - even one where the relationship is based on trading good natured jabs.
Page 8 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room