Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14 15  16  17  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:34 pm
dietcokeaddict wrote:
Yes, they're cousins! Uncle Duvid (David) Rvorsky was in a scene with his two young sons (Sam&Ben) talking to Leo's mom after his father passed away. This was many chapters ago. Am I the only one who remembers this? Full Harvest takes place in the early 1900's
so now, during The Happiness Cipher, Gella is not yet in America. So Leo could not have made the suggestion based on that shidduch's success. But Scotty certainly has a thing for mail-order brides. Very Happy.

Snip

Seeker, here is your Gella Rvorsky timeline (from page 2, also on page 2 scotty posted a really detailed timeline of any and all stories she ever wrote Smile )

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:37 pm
Yeah so it doesn't look so compatible. Which is fine because I don't think any of the other novels is ready for such a complicated backstory. Can you even imagine...shudder.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 3:12 pm
Some things we learnt are that Morrie was the one who buried Srul and seems he or Srul somehow hid/buried the diamonds so that the criminals shouldn't find them. I still can't figure out the message on the card though although maybe Hunt is Hant, which means hand? Who knows, guess we'll find out eventually...

nosher

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 6:24 pm
The way the message reads is as though Srul is asking for forgiveness. One Jew to another. Seems like Srul hid the stones and is asking for forgivensss from Harry. He is also telling him to hunt for the jewels.

Weren’t there scribbles with directions on the paper? Right, left etc...

Perhaps the for a Jew means the stones are hidden somewhere that is related to Judaism? Maybe too far-fetched?

SYA

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:24 am
Oh Scotty,
Today really turns things around, yet still leaves you hanging

Can Leo not see over his hatred towards Harry?
Who can help Harry now?

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:45 pm
Yeah today was interesting. Nice little positive twist on our existing theories, yet still with a characteristic drawn out cliffhanger. Nice that it's a short week Wink

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:56 am
Chiming in too! love the turn the story is taking. Dislike that Leo is so stubborn though...

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:54 am
yeah but he's not just mad he's totally confused
like everything he ever knew is broken
I think he's allowed to be mad???

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:19 am
Oooh, didn't expect Leo's reaction. Loved how Cob's words are taken seriously and how he held his ground.

I also don't see Birdie getting out of this without revealing her non - Beille identity.

Spoilers:
Hidden: 

My 2019 brain was saying "go ahead, rip it up, we made copies." Then I remembered how much we take for granted.

But wouldn't they have at least memorized those few words?

Miri1

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 1:31 pm
I'm watching Morrie here.
We keep getting little references to his presence - standing still, flinching .... like he's going to produce some important twist.
I can't believe he knows anything about the stones though - he seemed so wise and good just a few weeks ago when he helped Leo break through his "madness".
When Birdie says "trust me", Morrie flinches - because of what he knows about her double life? Or because he himself is holding onto a surprise?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:06 pm
It's getting more interesting! Love it!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:34 pm
For those of us who stuck with this serial through all the shlepping... it's finally paying off! it's SO GOOD!

cbsp

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:47 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
For those of us who stuck with this serial through all the shlepping... it's finally paying off! it's SO GOOD!

My question is when did Leo know and how did he know it.

Being a bit cryptic because I don't want to spoil anything.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:51 pm
Today was amazing. Beautiful.
Hidden: 

I had been wondering what use a squiggly line map could be in the veld. Fabulous answer. Sad for myself that I didn't think of it, since I had gotten as far as the question...Love.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:57 pm
can you clarify? don't worry about spoilers!

cbsp

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:58 pm
seeker wrote:
Today was amazing. Beautiful.
Hidden: 

I had been wondering what use a squiggly line map could be in the veld. Fabulous answer. Sad for myself that I didn't think of it, since I had gotten as far as the question...Love.

So that's my question.

When did Leo figure it out? Did he really know all along?

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:39 pm
cbsp wrote:
So that's my question.

When did Leo figure it out? Did he really know all along?

No, I really don't think so. I think it's just a thinking style. Some people are good at figuring things out in different ways than others. Like Birdie said, maybe as his brother he has a similar thinking style. I know I have things like that with certain of my siblings even though we hardly spent any time together.

cbsp

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:49 pm
seeker wrote:
No, I really don't think so. I think it's just a thinking style. Some people are good at figuring things out in different ways than others. Like Birdie said, maybe as his brother he has a similar thinking style. I know I have things like that with certain of my siblings even though we hardly spent any time together.

Hidden: 

But he wasn't looking at the photograph when he was seemingly contemplating Birdie's words for what seemed like centuries. Or did I miss something?

And how come no one picked up on Birdie acknowledging that she didn't know Srul?

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:59 am
cbsp wrote:
Hidden: 

But he wasn't looking at the photograph when he was seemingly contemplating Birdie's words for what seemed like centuries. Or did I miss something?

And how come no one picked up on Birdie acknowledging that she didn't know Srul?

Yes. After all the drama, he pulls out the photo/note and looks at it, and then gives his take on it.

Good point on the second. I think it made enough sense in their lifestyle that she wouldn't have known him on such a close personal level. Also it wouldn't be the first time that such an almost-slip went unnoticed amid dramatic distraction.

Miri1

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:06 am
The only one who would have been shocked there was Harry. Morrie knew already. And Harry was a complete basket case at that point - I think he was sobbing somewhere in there? It may have gone right over head.
Page 14 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 13  14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room