Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Let's get stronger, ladies!!!!
1  2  3  Next

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 2:01 am
The weightloss support group got me thinking:

I don't necessarily want to lose weight, but I do want to be fitter. I used to run a lot, and could have carried 50 pounds easily. I never got physically tired.

Today, it's a different story. I'm a couch potato with two young kids. I just signed up for a yoga class, but I want to be more active generally.

Anyone else in the same boat? Want to share ideas/do a daily check -in on what we do each day to become stronger?

Last edited by Rappel on Tue, Oct 16 2018, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

hopeafterloss

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 4:37 am
yes! me! I am always getting sick and have low energy, I really want to get fit! I am having trouble with motivation because I am always tired or sick Sad

InnerMe

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:39 am
Yes! I'm in!
I would love to lose weight but diets are a sore topic for me..
I've been feeling like a helpless glob since yom tov, and just yesterday I decided to do some biking with dh. We go somewhere quiet and pretty.. and we just did a half hour but I felt so good that I got my muscles moving in an enjoyable way. I really want to keep doing it whenever the scheduling works out.

I also downloaded some yoga apps and am seeing which I like.. I don't enjoy classes.. so there's that.

I would love to hear more ideas.

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:42 am
Looks like it's just you and me, Hopeafterloss. Smile

(If anyone else wants to join along the way, they're more than welcome.)

Today I hoed part of my (very stony, mostly clay) garden. I only did about two meters, but it got my heart rate up and I broke a sweat. Smile

InnerMe

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:56 am
Rappel wrote:
Looks like it's just you and me, Hopeafterloss. Smile

(If anyone else wants to join along the way, they're more than welcome.)

Today I hoed part of my (very stony, mostly clay) garden. I only did about two meters, but it got my heart rate up and I broke a sweat. Smile

Hey Wave
Ya skipped me over. Wink

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:25 am
InnerMe wrote:
Hey Wave
Ya skipped me over. Wink

Whoops, I don't know how I missed your post! Hi, InnerMe!

Congrats on your biking!! That sounds like a brilliant way to get moving - fun, fast, and while having a good time with DH. High five!

Rappel

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 1:30 pm
Checking in: today I walked 20 minutes straight uphill, while wearing the baby and pushing my toddler and a very full carriage! I was sweating bullets, but I felt like a champion when I reached the top. Smile))
Your turn!

hopeafterloss

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 2:11 pm
I am still getting over a bad case of the flu and I hope to be better soon so I can join in, in the meantime I just read an article about how to motivate myself to exercise more Smile

https://www.theguardian.com/li.....dvice

Rappel

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 3:16 pm
hopeafterloss wrote:
I am still getting over a bad case of the flu and I hope to be better soon so I can join in, in the meantime I just read an article about how to motivate myself to exercise more Smile

https://www.theguardian.com/li.....dvice

Refuah sheleimah bekarov!

And nice article! number 10 is literally my lifelong stumbling block. That, and skimping on sleep. If I can motivate myself past those hardships, I can do anything (I hope).

aussie2

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 5:05 pm
the title of your post got me thinking..
There is a les mills bodypump class (low weights) lots of reps with all different moves and fun music in a class setting..
doing this class makes you feel so strong. .(esp as you increase your weights) and helps you get toned and fit..

do you have a/t like this in ur area?

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:27 am
aussie2 wrote:
the title of your post got me thinking..
There is a les mills bodypump class (low weights) lots of reps with all different moves and fun music in a class setting..
doing this class makes you feel so strong. .(esp as you increase your weights) and helps you get toned and fit..

do you have a/t like this in ur area?

It sounds like great exercise, though it's probably not my cup of tea LOL I'm more of an outdoors girl.

Do you do this class regularly? What's your favorite thing about it?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:27 am
Soounds a good.plan, I biked 5 minutes yesterday. Will try again now. I must exercise daily. I have fatty liver and benign liver adenomas on both sides but have neglected for 2 years! Its hard for me.to drink at night because then I run to toilet and cannot fall back asleep- Im over 40 . Anon because of liver conditions. I need to lose 30 lb like now. But I eat big portions of healthy food so its bad. Also the last 2 years all of a sudden I crave for junk . A1c which is the best sugar test is great. But cholestrrol ajd bkood pressure are not good. Im on meds and Dr may increase mg of med because cholesterol numbers went up. So I really must show rediction in weight and on cholesterol levels. It was so easy to ridicule my parent who didnt watch too well diet and.now I do the same!! I should take care and buckle up at least as a tshuva that I did not judge parent lkaf zchus. Ok so finishing on the positive. My,maid comes less and Im doing a mini pessach cleaning so that might help for weight loss or at least for the sick liver

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:50 am
Hey hi!
I just started doing one hour walks in the morning . 20 minutes to park. 20 min. Of Stretching and some workout moves there. And 20 minutes back home. Did 4 days this week so far! So so awesome amd invigorating! I'm so much more energized and productive!

I am pregnant. 2nd trimester... And weight loss wouldn't hurt but is not my goal.
Although I went down 2 kilos this week!!
Eating conciously- wafers included. But mostly healthy;)
Honestly, the best overall effect I see so far is my energy level is high. And my (mommy) brain is clearer.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 8:45 am
I hope to join this group after I have a baby in November and recover from that IYH 😊

I totally agree with not caring about the number on the scale, but rather building my own stamina and strength.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Oct 17 2018, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 8:50 am
I love most outdoors stuff too!
I hike, bike, brisk-walk, swim, run on the treadmill and occasionally do the weight machines at the gym.

Every morning I do 20-30 minutes of stretching and yoga kind of exercise. Then I choose one of the above activities as my cardio for at least 20 minutes.

I used to be a very cold person. Everyone was comfortable, and I'd sit there and shiver in my sweater. Since I started doing this exercise schedule, I'm much warmer BH.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 12:28 pm
Hey all!
I have to go up 3 flights every day to work and I always used the elevator- I mean why take the stairs when something can do the work for you?
Yesterday I decided that I'll do this little thing and take the stairs every day. It might sound little but for me it's one little step to ensure that I get some movement.

After climbing the stairs yesterday I was literally panting for a few minutes.. I'm like OMG I'm really getting so globby and old. I gotta get my youth back! LOL

Rappel

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 2:37 am
Reading all these posts was so inspiring to me!

Olive - goshous gracious, refuah sheleimah! I'm so impressed that you're taking proactive steps after receiving such news from the doctor! I love biking - it makes me feel like a bird, but I don't have one right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one soon!

And Ginger - you're in your second trimester, and doing what???? Wow. Smile))))) High five! And I never thought that exercise could cure mommy brain, but it makes sense, in an intuitive kind of way.

Amber - you're my hero. I also used to ALWAYS have cold hands and feet, my legs would always fall asleep etc. I'm hoping to make that a long-lost memory!

InnerMe - you go girl! I feel like it's the changes in how I do things during the day - rather than adding in more exercise to do - which will really make the difference. Taking the stairs is brilliant!

As for me:

Last night I went to my second yoga class ever. It was beautiful, relaxing... And this morning I feel like a wet rag someone wrung out. Who knew it was so hard just to breathe and stretch!

But I'm also standing straighter, and breathing more easily. Pushing the carriage uphill to gan (15 minute walk) felt easier. Unexpectedly, all this exercise has gotten rid of constipation I never knew I had, so my belly looks better too. Win!!!!!!

Rappel

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 4:45 am
Check in: yesterday I did NOTHING to get my heart rate up. Nothing!

I feel worse today too. Less strong, less clean, was up half the night with my toddler, ate unhealthily today... Sigh.

Well, I'll do some stretching this afternoon, and next week dawns bright and fresh , ready for a stronger me.

Yalla!!!!

How are you ladies doing during the pre-shabbat crunch?

InnerMe

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 10:10 am
Rappel wrote:
Check in: yesterday I did NOTHING to get my heart rate up. Nothing!

I feel worse today too. Less strong, less clean, was up half the night with my toddler, ate unhealthily today... Sigh.

Well, I'll do some stretching this afternoon, and next week dawns bright and fresh , ready for a stronger me.

Yalla!!!!

How are you ladies doing during the pre-shabbat crunch?

Hey Rappel!!
Don't feel down.. it's ok we fall down and we get back up. We each have our days.
Don't beat yourself up for missing a day... you're doin' wonderful!!

You've been being a great cheerleader.. figured someones gotta cheer the cheerleader on Wink We need our cheerleader! Smile

So my updates:
I started a "30 day yoga challenge for beginners." on the app I downloaded.
It starts off very nice and easy and builds momentum as you go along. Yesterday was my first day and today I did day 2. It went okish, even though I often feel so idiotic that I can't do some simple yoga moves. My body's is just so unflexible:(
I guess slow and steady.. right.

I must get a yoga mat because I've been doing it in bed and while it's convenient and comfy it doesn't give me great support for the certain moves since it's kind of soft like a matress should be.

I've been keeping up going with the stairs. Today I find myself panting a little less. Yay me!!
I also try to get in some few minute walks.. I live pretty close to work so it doesn't give me much but hey- every little bit counts.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 10:14 am
BTW there was this article in Family First about a month ago about someone losing 50 pounds (or more) by starting to do really fun exercise like swimming in the kinneret, doing beautiful hikes early morning.. it sounded so amazing to me. Not the part about losing weight but about having all those fun exercise opportunities which aren't really possible where I live. I wish there would be, because I can't stand the gym and classes. But well..too bad I guess:(
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise