Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where can I buy Eyeglass Frame for cheap?

rabshi

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:41 am
Hello to all!

Be"h we are going to make prism glasses for one of our kids. The frames they sell are very expensive. They told me I can bring my own frame. Since it's little kid we also want to buy some spare frames.

TIA

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:12 pm
Depends where you live, how fast you need it, and how much of a modern look you want. Very Happy
I get glasses from zenni.com.
You can also try buying in a cheaper town.
I don't know how prism glasses work, if you need anything special in the frame, but if plain plastic frames are okay you can buy reading glasses in pretty much any pharmacy- including your kupat cholim pharmacy.

acemom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:41 pm
I second Zenni.com.

Recently got myself a spare set for under $20. I only use my glasses before bed/ until I get dressed in the morning.

So far I am very happy with the frame I got.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:47 pm
To my knowledge, prisms need frames all around, so you can't get rimless or semi-rimless. Also, don't get anything too small, but with today's style, that shouldn't be a problem.

EBY

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:25 pm
Try glasses4u https://www.glasses4u.co.il

He comes to your house. Zenni is cheaper but also not great quality. If you are paying for a prism you probably want them to last.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 6:07 pm
Halperin
Zenni
Goggel4u

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 6:57 pm
If your child has Meuhedet C, you should be able to get cheap glasses from Einit. I think we paid 50 shekalim.

rabshi

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:27 am
Sorry for not clarifying.

I need them for a seven year old. I want to buy several frames, that in case one breaks I just put the lenses on the second one. Therefore I need something cheap.

The prescription lenses I ordered in a store which told me I can bring my own frame.

We have Leumit Zahav which entirles you to one single pair per year.

"fsr" - Pharmacy is a good idea. I'll check it out.

I remember there were Gmachim that used to sell NEW frames for very cheap. Any idea?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:54 am
I never did this so not sure. Plus I don't have leumit, but I heard each child is entitled to 1 pair of glasses cheap or free a year so if u have other children who don't need glasses u can buy under their name.
I think the person I heard who did this had Meuchedet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions