Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Questions & Considerations for potential babysitter

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:14 pm
My almost 6 month old is headed to the babysitter!
It's my first my baby.
What are things I should look for in babysitter? What are questions I should ask?
How many kids should I be comfortable with?

(Honestly, I already signed him up..I asked a friend about babysitters and she told me about her babysitter from last year. She was really happy said babysitter is really good with babies.. I called her up she seemed nice, we spoke and answered some questions... Now I'm wondering if I did due diligence)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:16 pm
Ratio of 3 to 1.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:19 pm
Go down and check it out yourself.

Watch how they interact with the kids.

Is the place clean? Are the babies on a schedule? What are the sleeping arrangements? Can you leave diapers, wipes, formula ect over there so you don’t have to shlep everything each day? Will you get a written list or rundown of baby’s day? What are the ratio of kids and morahs?

Ask your friend these questions as well!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:25 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Go down and check it out yourself.

Watch how they interact with the kids.

Is the place clean? Are the babies on a schedule? What are the sleeping arrangements? Can you leave diapers, wipes, formula ect over there so you don’t have to shlep everything each day? Will you get a written list or rundown of baby’s day? What are the ratio of kids and morahs?

Ask your friend these questions as well!

I should ask her if I can come down and see the place?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
I should ask her if I can come down and see the place?

Of course!! It’s a very normal Everquest. You want to get a feel for how she runs the place and if it’s clean ect.

precious

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:38 pm
Definitely go meet her and see the place, best if you can go during babysitting hours so you can get a feel for what's going on.
Check out cleanliness, how she deals with diaper changing (as needed or on a schedule, on floor, does she wear gloves or wash her hands in between children)?
Do children have free reign to play in safe area with age appropriate toys or are they confined to highchairs, swings, and carseats?
Will she feed her own food? Will she follow your preferences regarding bottles and naps?
How many children are there and what ages?
I have been through so many babysitters and nobody is perfect, but you have to decide which things are more important to you...

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:42 pm
Also I've seenbabysitters prop bottles and also feed babyfood through a bottle , reclined instead of with a spoon and baby sitting in an upright position.

Make sure the kids are put into age appropriate baby equipment. At another place three month olds were sitting in walkers and exersaucers with their heads drooping forward because they were too young to sit.

You want your baby to be held, fed the way you would and in a safe bed and play area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics