Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Jerusalem infant dies of measles
1  2  Next

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:09 pm
Baruch Dayan Ha'emet. I just came across this piece of news. An 18 months old child has died of measles. The article further states that "The Ministry of Health reported recently that the number of those in infected with measles in Israel is approaching 900 individuals. Around 60% of those infected are residents of Jerusalem from the Hareidi sector, many of which are not vaccinated."

https://www.israelnationalnews.....54135

While I don't want to give the endless for/against vaccination discussion a new futile round, I think that people should be made aware of such developments, to take it into account when making their decisions.

giselle

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:14 pm
Who needs gunmen when we have anti vaxxers? Both seem to be doing the trick.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:23 pm
giselle wrote:

this is the first death from the measels in israel since 2003. it is terribly unfortunate and my heart is bleeding for those parents and siblings...but do you know how many terrorists have used guns to murder innocent people in this country since 2003? Do you know how many people have died by gun? A lot more than 1. So no. sorry. not the same thing.

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:32 pm
Just wanted to comment on how terribly sad this is.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:32 pm
giselle wrote:

And people who txt and drive and cause death of entire family BDE

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:04 pm
I had a pt just this week who contracted measles from her unvaccinated father who had it too.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:14 pm
This child had not seen a doctor since it was born. He had no pulse when he went to the hospital.

The parents were criminally negligent imo. I am pro vax but this story just shows the dangers of idiotic parenting.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:14 pm
This is tragic. BUT If the child had no pulse and no heartbeat by the time the ambulance was called, that means the parents didn't seek appropriate medical assistance when the baby showed signs of the distress, which she surely did. That's extreme. I know plenty of people who don't vax but seek medical assistance when necessary. Nobody drops dead from one minute to the next due to measles. I'm also hearing rumors that this child had DS and heart issues. Doesn't make it any less tragic, but not you're average case and we don't have to extrapolate from that to healthy people.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:18 pm
ectomorph wrote:
This child had not seen a doctor since it was born. He had no pulse when he went to the hospital.

The parents were criminally negligent imo. I am pro vax but this story just shows the dangers of idiotic parenting.

Were they just negligent or are there people who don't believe in doctors?

I ask because there are occasionally Xtian fanatics in the US who let their children die because they don't believe in medicine so they just pray over them. Some states permit this as a valid religious exemption and some states prosecute for criminally negligent homicide.

I don't even know how to classify these evil parents who are on trial for murder. Their four month old baby died of a diaper rash because his diaper hadn't been changed for between nine and fourteen days.

https://people.com/crime/iowa-.....eges/

ectomorph

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:25 pm
Amarante wrote:

I ask because there are occasionally Xtian fanatics in the US who let their children die because they don't believe in medicine so they just pray over them. Some states permit this as a valid religious exemption and some states prosecute for criminally negligent homicide.
bringing your kid to the hospital after they don't have a pulse is criminally negligent. Even if u dont believe in medical care..
Im pretty sure there's no. Jewish group that doesn't go to doctors . correct me if im wrong!

Sebastian

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:25 pm
Her parents were from neturei karta they probably had to pay for the vaccine and didn't want to
They should face criminal charges

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:28 pm
ectomorph wrote:
bringing your kid to the hospital after they don't have a pulse is criminally negligent. Even if u dont believe in medical care..
Im pretty sure there's no. Jewish group that doesn't go to doctors . correct me if im wrong!

I know it's completely off the charts as I believe NOT seeking appropriate medical care is not permitted but just wondering if these people would be able to claim some kind of religious exemption based on adherence to Hashem's will Sad

etky

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 2:45 am
Sebastian wrote:
Her parents were from neturei karta they probably had to pay for the vaccine and didn't want to
They should face criminal charges

They and their children, including the toddler who died, are 'not known' to the state - meaning they are not even on the population rolls, because they do not recognize the state and eschew its institutions.
They do not even have I.d. numbers because the children were born at home and their parents did not register their births at the Interior Ministry..
They do not visit Tipat Halav stations where vaccines are dispensed according to govt. guidelines or any medical facilities for that matter.
The baby did indeed have Downs Syndrome, if that matters at all to this discussion.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 2:50 am
etky wrote:
They and their children, including the toddler who died, are 'not known' to the state - meaning they are not even on the population rolls, because they do not recognize the state and eschew its institutions.
They do not even have I.d. numbers because the children were born at home and their parents did not register their births at the Interior Ministry..
They do not visit Tipat Halav stations where vaccines are dispensed according to govt. guidelines or any medical facilities for that matter.
The baby did indeed have Downs Syndrome, if that matters at all to this discussion.

They should be prosecuted and jailed and the kids could live in girls town/boys town and get a proper education and proper life.
Terribly tragic for the poor little one but maybe at least her siblings can be helped to escape their insane parents.
Why do they live in Israel if they don't accept it as a country?

etky

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 2:55 am
amother wrote:
They should be prosecuted and jailed and the kids could live in girls town/boys town and get a proper education and proper life.
Terribly tragic for the poor little one but maybe at least her siblings can be helped to escape their insane parents.
Why do they live in Israel if they don't accept it as a country?

Because they were born here and many have been in Jerusalem for generations, well before the establishment of the State.
And on a practical level - I assume they don't have passports so how could they go anywhere else?

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:20 am
This news story is a perfect example of fear mongering- leaving out relevant details to get the population to rush to cooperate. Why am I not surprised?

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:54 am
Amarante wrote:

I don't even know how to classify these evil parents who are on trial for murder. Their four month old baby died of a diaper rash because his diaper hadn't been changed for between nine and fourteen days.

https://people.com/crime/iowa-.....eges/

I personally know 8 families whom won't go to the doctor, ever.

5/8 do so because they say Rabbi Nachman said that doctors don't do any good, and that if you become ill, you should just pray for healing.

3/8 just think synthetic medicine causes more harm than good, that doctors do things the wrong way, so they only treat using natural remedies and healers.

Note: I initially wrote those post about 3 families I know, then I remembered another, and another... While it isn't a common practice in Israel to eschew medicine, neither is it uncommon, and I think there is a lot of misinformation being spread through religious mediums which promotes the mistrust of medicine and the medical community.

ora_43

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 5:37 am
etky wrote:

AFAIK a child with Downs Syndrome would probably be more vulnerable to dangerous side effects like pneumonia. Although young kids in general are vulnerable, anyway... still, it may have been a factor.

NovelConcept

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
This news story is a perfect example of fear mongering- leaving out relevant details to get the population to rush to cooperate. Why am I not surprised?

I just find it interesting that anti-vaxxers keep saying that those pro-vaccination are "fear-mongering" when the entire PEACH movement is about fear-mongering.
"Vaxx and your kid might get autism."
"Vaxx and your kid might get allergies."
"Vaxx and your kid might DIE!"

Legitimate statements are needed by both sides. There is fact, and there is fear-mongering.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 11:12 am
Rappel wrote:
I personally know 8 families whom won't go to the doctor, ever.

5/8 do so because they say Rabbi Nachman said that doctors don't do any good, and that if you become ill, you should just pray for healing.

3/8 just think synthetic medicine causes more harm than good, that doctors do things the wrong way, so they only treat using natural remedies and healers.

Note: I initially wrote those post about 3 families I know, then I remembered another, and another... While it isn't a common practice in Israel to eschew medicine, neither is it uncommon, and I think there is a lot of misinformation being spread through religious mediums which promotes the mistrust of medicine and the medical community.

Fascinating. Its not against the law in Israel?

also rabbi nachman was correct in his time the doctors did more harm than good.

George Washington the president was treated by the best doctors. In essence they killed him thru blood letting and the other things they did. I read an account of it once
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics