Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I’m Kiwi13, AMA
1  2  Next

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:36 am
... because I’m curious what you will ask me!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:42 am
How are your babies?

Mommy1:)

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:44 am
Do you like Kiwis?

clowny

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:45 am
I’m allergic to kiwi, how do you feel about that?

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:48 am
Iymnok wrote:
How are your babies?

B”H! Thanks for asking. They’re turning one this month - fastest year of my life!!

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:48 am
Mommy1:) wrote:
Do you like Kiwis?

Haha I used to like them more. Now they hurt my mouth if I eat too many. Still, they are pretty and I like the name.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:49 am
clowny wrote:
I’m allergic to kiwi, how do you feel about that?

I kind of think maybe I am too, haha.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:02 am
Wow how do you manage??

Do you have lots of cleaning help?

How many other kids do you have?

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
Wow how do you manage??

Do you have lots of cleaning help?

How many other kids do you have?

I’m doing alright most days. ;-)

No official cleaning help, but my husband does a LOT around the house, which is a lifesaver.

I also have a 3-year old. He’s very sweet and loves “his babies.”

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:57 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
B”H! Thanks for asking. They’re turning one this month - fastest year of my life!!

I know, I was on the November 2017 thread with you! DD is also almost 1.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:23 pm
Iymnok wrote:

How is she doing?? WOW, I can't believe that thread was a year ago already, wow!!!

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:49 pm
Iymnok wrote:

I was on that thread too. It seems like yesterday.

You said AYA...
Kiwi, are you working now?
How do you get out of the house/apartment to the car? Do you carry them both at the same time?

I just had kiwi tonight. It is so yummy, but my mouth is also feeling it even a few hours later!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:40 am
cozyblanket wrote:
I was on that thread too. It seems like yesterday.

You said AYA...
Kiwi, are you working now?
How do you get out of the house/apartment to the car? Do you carry them both at the same time?

I just had kiwi tonight. It is so yummy, but my mouth is also feeling it even a few hours later!

It feels like yesterday AND like a thousand years ago. Fastest thousand years of my life, I suppose!

I'm a stay at home mom, and I do some work from home here and there.
B"H we bought a house over the summer and I have an actual driveway now that goes right up to my actual house, so I don't have to take everyone out all at once anymore!

I used to carry both of the babies in their car seats, plus the diaper bag, plus my purse and keys all at the same time, until it all reached over 60 pounds... but kudos to me, because that is physical strength I never thought I'd get back! (if you remember the November 2017 thread then you know what I mean!) B"H. It's a huge, huge bracha. Also, my double snap'n'go is a huge bracha.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:58 am
Hey kiwi- I have some more intense questions Wink
What was your role in creating the website Chazkeinu?
I've thought about you a lot since you posted the "I need help etc." thread and have been wondering how you were doing. Were there better times since then?
Has your little boy whom you were very worried about developed age appropriately?
Does each twin have a different personality- can you tell yet?
At what point in your pregnancy were you aware that you are having twins?
Are you worried about any of your children struggling with mental health- about the genetic component?

Lots of questions. Feel free to not answer any.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:10 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Hey kiwi- I have some more intense questions Wink
What was your role in creating the website Chazkeinu?
I've thought about you a lot since you posted the "I need help etc." thread and have been wondering how you were doing. Were there better times since then?
Has your little boy whom you were very worried about developed age appropriately?
Does each twin have a different personality- can you tell yet?
At what point in your pregnancy were you aware that you are having twins?
Are you worried about any of your children struggling with mental health- about the genetic component?

Lots of questions. Feel free to not answer any.

Good questions! :-)

- I am a Chazkeinu co-founder. I wrote most of the original copy for the website and promotional materials. I wrote the original script for the phone meetings. (A lot has been updated to comply with legal disclaimer stuff, and I haven't updated anything for the website in a long time, but it's still cool to have gotten to do a lot of the start up writing!)

- My memory is so bad I don't even remember the "I need help" thread... so I guess I'm better? ;-)

- My son was delayed in a bunch of areas until about 2 months ago when he suddenly caught up, it was astounding - he suddenly started cooing, babbling, crawling, pulling himself to a stand, doing that cluck-cluck noise, etc. etc. and got 6 teeth (well, he had 2 before). I think he's still got some sensory issues and he is still VERY easily overwhelmed by noise and social stuff (he cries bitterly if his twin sister, who is half his size, looks at him funny and squawks at him). I'll also take this moment to gush about what an amazing baby he is and how B"H I am not scared anymore about his delays. He is a very different temperament than my other kids, but totally fine. I'll say what I said about him even as a newborn and people looked at me sideways like mhmm... he is the sweetest, gentlest soul, and in his eyes I see a purity that I have never seen anywhere else. This baby lights up my heart. *love*

- My twins are sooooo different. My husband says if you had to pick any 2 people on earth and match them up to be twins, you'd never ever ever pick these two! Boy and girl, big and tiny, light complexion and dark complexion, calm and feisty, one naps as soon as he's a little tired and one would happily put all her energy into playing until she literally collapses from exhaustion. Took them to an indoor play place yesterday - he casually crawled around, stood up holding onto the equipment, and she (at least 10 TIMES!!) climbed UP the slide and clogged up traffic for the older kids trying to go DOWN the slide (my athletic daughter doesn't seem to know she's still a baby!). Very, very different people. Pretty funny to think they once shared such close quarters.

- I officially knew I was having twins at 5 weeks, but I had a strong intuition about it much earlier.

- Obviously I hope that my children will not have mental health challenges, but if they do, they B"H have parents who are not afraid of it and will advocate for them and make sure they get what they need.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:22 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
How is she doing?? WOW, I can't believe that thread was a year ago already, wow!!!

She took a few steps around a month ago, she’s walking now! Still nursing, but fully eating too. She has a friend a week older who walked. A few weeks before her. When we pick up their big brothers, they walk. To each other, give a big hug then topple over.
I can’t imagine twins.
My kids ask for them, "everyone else has!"
This is a fun age now.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:38 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Good questions! :-)

- I am a Chazkeinu co-founder. I wrote most of the original copy for the website and promotional materials. I wrote the original script for the phone meetings. (A lot has been updated to comply with legal disclaimer stuff, and I haven't updated anything for the website in a long time, but it's still cool to have gotten to do a lot of the start up writing!)

- My memory is so bad I don't even remember the "I need help" thread... so I guess I'm better? ;-)

- My son was delayed in a bunch of areas until about 2 months ago when he suddenly caught up, it was astounding - he suddenly started cooing, babbling, crawling, pulling himself to a stand, doing that cluck-cluck noise, etc. etc. and got 6 teeth (well, he had 2 before). I think he's still got some sensory issues and he is still VERY easily overwhelmed by noise and social stuff (he cries bitterly if his twin sister, who is half his size, looks at him funny and squawks at him). I'll also take this moment to gush about what an amazing baby he is and how B"H I am not scared anymore about his delays. He is a very different temperament than my other kids, but totally fine. I'll say what I said about him even as a newborn and people looked at me sideways like mhmm... he is the sweetest, gentlest soul, and in his eyes I see a purity that I have never seen anywhere else. This baby lights up my heart. *love*

- My twins are sooooo different. My husband says if you had to pick any 2 people on earth and match them up to be twins, you'd never ever ever pick these two! Boy and girl, big and tiny, light complexion and dark complexion, calm and feisty, one naps as soon as he's a little tired and one would happily put all her energy into playing until she literally collapses from exhaustion. Took them to an indoor play place yesterday - he casually crawled around, stood up holding onto the equipment, and she (at least 10 TIMES!!) climbed UP the slide and clogged up traffic for the older kids trying to go DOWN the slide (my athletic daughter doesn't seem to know she's still a baby!). Very, very different people. Pretty funny to think they once shared such close quarters.

- I officially knew I was having twins at 5 weeks, but I had a strong intuition about it much earlier.

- Obviously I hope that my children will not have mental health challenges, but if they do, they B"H have parents who are not afraid of it and will advocate for them and make sure they get what they need.

Great answers Smile
Wow that's so awesome! It seems to be a great resource for frum people facing mental health challenges. A few questions on that: Who are the other founders? And who initially thought of this idea? Is there anything in Chazkeinu that you are still involved in?

Funny about your memory. I've thought about it many times.. you wrote that you wanted help but you it was hard for you to ask so you just opened a thread with how you were feeling then. I'm glad.. things are lookin' good.

So amazing about your son, and the way he caught up. And funny how they are so different.

And I love the bolded. Wise words, and lucky children!

Thanks for answering my questions!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:09 pm
Iymnok wrote:
She took a few steps around a month ago, she’s walking now! Still nursing, but fully eating too. She has a friend a week older who walked. A few weeks before her. When we pick up their big brothers, they walk. To each other, give a big hug then topple over.
I can’t imagine twins.
My kids ask for them, "everyone else has!"
This is a fun age now.

Aww so cute!! When is her birthday? It is a fun age. We moved our baby boy into our older son’s room. He’s 3, and ohhh are they best friends now. We were worried at first that nobody would ever sleep again. But as it turns out, the boys talk to each other and keep each other company. It’s great! Especially in the early mornings when I hear my 3-year old on the baby monitor going, “Duda? Duuuuda?? Duda! DUDAAA!” And then Yehuda wakes up and giggles and they entertain themselves for the next half hour or so.

And while maybe I should be concerned for Yehuda that his brother keeps waking him up in the morning, I’m mostly just relieved because what I USED to hear on the baby monitor in the morning was, “Mommy? Mooooooommmy?? Mommy! MOMMYYYY!!!”

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:25 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Great answers Smile
Wow that's so awesome! It seems to be a great resource for frum people facing mental health challenges. A few questions on that: Who are the other founders? And who initially thought of this idea? Is there anything in Chazkeinu that you are still involved in?

Funny about your memory. I've thought about it many times.. you wrote that you wanted help but you it was hard for you to ask so you just opened a thread with how you were feeling then. I'm glad.. things are lookin' good.

So amazing about your son, and the way he caught up. And funny how they are so different.

And I love the bolded. Wise words, and lucky children!

Thanks for answering my questions!

Thanks! Yes, I am still very involved in Chazkeinu. I took a long break when I was sick during my pregnancy until a few months after they came home from the hospital, but I'm back now. :-) Chazkeinu started with a phone call between me and another woman with a similar vision. Our third co-founder joined us a short time after that. My work right now is mostly behind the scenes administrative type stuff, and right now we are all swamped preparing for the Shabbaton. I've been tiptoeing back into stuff with members, but it's still kind of nerve wracking to me. I used to moderate calls and stuff more often but as it got bigger and bigger, I guess I got more anxious about it, especially when I was going through my own struggles. I started getting back involved with the calls here and there, connected with more members, planning to meet everyone in person at the Shabbaton... we have a video up now on our website. You can see who we are if you watch it. Check it out, it's fun! :-)

chazkeinu.org

Yes, B"H my son is the yummiest, cuddliest baby. I once was talking to his pediatrician and saying how he calms down when I pick up his sister even if they were both crying. He is happy when I take care of her first. He is content to sit quietly, not demanding at all, gentle, unassuming, etc... even just a few months ago I was very concerned that he was TOO easygoing and I was scared about if that meant something was wrong. The pediatrician asked me, "so what's the problem?" because I was describing the perfectly sweet, well-behaved babies from a Huggies ad. The doctor was funny, and summed it up by saying I was nervous that he wasn't acting like a baby, he was acting like a saintly old man. Yep. And I just wanted to make sure he was healthy. B"H. And now I enjoy his gentle saintliness. ;-)

Thank you for your kind words about my approach to mental health. Totally true. I don't want my kids to suffer from mental health problems, but if they do I will find the right help for them and I will be there every step of the way to support them and help them navigate life with whatever they've got going on. Mental illness is not a death sentence. And early intervention is a great treasure.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:36 pm
Just want to say hi! I was on your due date thread. Can’t believe my yummy pie will be a year soon.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics