Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best moisturizer for acne prone skin
1  2  Next

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:25 pm
Did anyone use a good moisturizer that didn’t cause acne?
I have oily acne prone skin , and in need of a good moisturizer

Last edited by lone on Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:25 pm
100% organic argan oil. 12$ on amazon, last for ever. this is as natural as it get and works amazing.

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
100% organic argan oil. 12$ on amazon, last for ever. this is as natural as it get and works amazing.

Thanks but doesn’t Aragon oil cause acne?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:30 pm
I was gonna suggest a water based moisturizer rather than oil based. That's what my dermo told me to use as a teen...

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:32 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
I was gonna suggest a water based moisturizer rather than oil based. That's what my dermo told me to use as a teen...

Thanks!
Any suggestions ?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:40 pm
My dermatologist suggested Neutrogena oil free moisture sensitive skin years ago and I've been using it ever since. They also make one for combination skin so if that describes your skin better than sensitive skin, you can use that one.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:45 pm
I use for my daughter clinique. They have a soap, liquid water (forgot what it's called) and cream. It cleared her skin and kept it away.

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My dermatologist suggested Neutrogena oil free moisture sensative skin years ago and I've been using it ever since. They also make one for combination skin so if that describes your skin better than sensative skin, you can use that one.

I will definitely will try! Thank u!

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:55 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I use for my daughter clinique. They have a soap, liquid water (forgot what it's called) and cream. It cleared her skin and kept it away.

I read about Clinique moisturizer. I just don’t want to spend that much on a moisturizer, but maybe willing to try. Did anyone else have good experiences with Clinique moisturizer?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:21 pm
lone wrote:
Thanks but doesn’t Aragon oil cause acne?

NO
There are different types of oils with different levels of pore clogging. aragon is very low on pore clogging. your skin needs oil. dry skin also causes acne. oil free moisturizers often have chemicals to make up for the lack of oil that clog pores.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:31 pm
A couple if weeks ago I started an identical thread and afew poster said to try neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer. I've been very happy with it so far, my face looks much smoother already.
I've used clinique and found that it made my acne worse.

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
A couple if weeks ago I started an identical thread and afew poster said to try neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer. I've been very happy with it so far, my face looks much smoother already.
I've used clinique and found that it made my acne worse.

Thanks for your input!
How do I know if I need the sensitive or the combo moisturizer?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:37 pm
I have sensitive skin that breaks out in a rash after using acne creams & after hair removal treatments so I know that I need for sensitive skin.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:43 pm
lone wrote:
Thanks for your input!
How do I know if I need the sensitive or the combo moisturizer?

Combination skin means that your T-zone (forehead - down nose continuing to chin) is oily and the rest of your skin is dry.
Sensitive skin means you have reactions to some things like redness or rashes or peeling.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:06 pm
lone wrote:
I read about Clinique moisturizer. I just don’t want to spend that much on a moisturizer, but maybe willing to try. Did anyone else have good experiences with Clinique moisturizer?

You can buy for cheaper first a box that has the 3 bottles but much smaller.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:13 pm
lone wrote:

Clinique makes me break out and also make my skin sting because I have sensitive skin

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My dermatologist suggested Neutrogena oil free moisture sensitive skin years ago and I've been using it ever since. They also make one for combination skin so if that describes your skin better than sensitive skin, you can use that one.

The third ingrediant is dimethicone which clogs pores. The fourth ingredient is petroleum (like Vaseline) which clogs pores. There are also parabens in it and a lot of unnatural chemicals. This moisturizer gets a 0 star rating from me.

Oh, how apropos. My name is natural, lol.

Seriously though, go with the argon oil. That is the number one most natural, safe, effective things you can use. If you must have an emulsion, try this website https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop.....zers/

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:34 pm
amother wrote:
The third ingrediant is dimethicone which clogs pores. The fourth ingredient is petroleum (like Vaseline) which clogs pores. There are also parabens in it and a lot of unnatural chemicals. This moisturizer gets a 0 star rating from me.

Oh, how apropos. My name is natural, lol.

Seriously though, go with the argon oil. That is the number one most natural, safe, effective things you can use. If you must have an emulsion, try this website https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop.....zers/

Wow I was just about to go and purchase the neutregena ! Thanks for letting me know!
I’m still nervous about using Aragon oil, I have really oily acne prone skin .

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Combination skin means that your T-zone (forehead - down nose continuing to chin) is oily and the rest of your skin is dry.
Sensitive skin means you have reactions to some things like redness or rashes or peeling.

Interesting I don’t think I have combo nor sensitive skin. My whole face is oily

lone

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:37 pm
Natural: what type of skin do u have?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics