Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
We are wealthy Bh. Ask me anything
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 12  13  14  Next

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
Years ago? Why no longer?

It was years ago when we had no money.
Sorry I wasn’t clear

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:13 am
amother wrote:
It was years ago when we had no money.
Sorry I wasn’t clear

did the wealth affect your happiness level?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
But you don't choose what the money is used for.

Are you happy to give money to a tzedaka organization that refuses to let you know what your money will be used for?

And most people are happier sharing their money with people they care for.

When I donate to an organization The money usually goes for that particular cause.

You’re right about your last sentence. When I donate to somebody I know personally and I’m aware that my charity enabled her the right treatment for her illness , that makes me feel very happy.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:15 am
People think having the money is bliss.....marbeh nechusim marbeh daage....anyone ever tried building a house how stressful that can be.....it starts with a doormat.....

Living on certain social standing & expectations.....if you have wealthy friends you need to keep up the standards of simchas you make....if you receive extravagant gifts from the Richie friends....you need to reciprocate.....these things can turn into a competition & be stressful to keep up.

There's the daage of losing the money invested in funds....stress over deals....seeing a hub being stressed about making more money.....once you have one....you want two....doesnt always bring happiness.....

Because you are up there....you have to be a role model....house always needs to be perfect....a fancy messy house doesn't make sense.....kids always need to look perfect because everyone is always looking at them...

Then there's dealing with people's stupid comments & jealousy....& people trying to get the money out of you...

Even the fear of money or valuables being stolen...lost....sometimemes even fear for own life...

Everything is on a bigger scale....
bigger house...more to clean..
More expensive jewelry worn....more fear not to lose...
Bigger investment-bigger loss when fails

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
People think having the money is bliss.....marbeh nechusim marbeh daage....anyone ever tried building a house how stressful that can be.....it starts with a doormat.....

Living on certain social standing & expectations.....if you have wealthy friends you need to keep up the standards of simchas you make....if you receive extravagant gifts from the Richie friends....you need to reciprocate.....these things can turn into a competition & be stressful to keep up.

There's the daage of losing the money invested in funds....stress over deals....seeing a hub being stressed about making more money.....once you have one....you want two....doesnt always bring happiness.....

Because you are up there....you have to be a role model....house always needs to be perfect....a fancy messy house doesn't make sense.....kids always need to look perfect because everyone is always looking at them...

Then there's dealing with people's stupid comments & jealousy....& people trying to get the money out of you...

Even the fear of money or valuables being stolen...lost....sometimemes even fear for own life...

Most of us would gladly take these 'problems' any day. No one is forcing anyone to live on a standard just because they money. It's a choice.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:18 am
mommish613 wrote:
OP,

How many years was your DH in business before it took off?

Did he anticipate it to do so well or was he just looking to make a “living”?

Depending how old your kids are do they “know” you are wealthy?

Love this thread btw I’m finding it fascinating!

About 6-7 years. Tough years. He was looking to do well enough to make a living. Becoming wealthy- would be a bonus.
By now I would say that my oldest children are picking up on our wealth.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:21 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Sorry if you regret giving the info. I know I pressured you. But I didn’t do it to knock you, and I don’t think I have. I was just curious.

No. No. Wasn’t you. In fact I’m enjoying your posts.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
So we're wealthy too BH, however, since many members of my are much wealthier (500+ million and billions) I wouldn't consider us rich.

So as long as others have more than you, you’re not gonna consider yourself wealthy. Stop comparing. That’s not healthy.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
did the wealth affect your happiness level?

Not much. Because as I said, by nature I’m a very happy person. That is why I quoted that particular amother who said she’s very poor and happy. And I said that that was me years ago. I’m still a happy person.

mommish613

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:27 am
Do you find that you and your DH get more respect from people now than before you became wealthy. I always see this, drives me mad

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
Most of us would gladly take these 'problems' any day. No one is forcing anyone to live on a standard just because they money. It's a choice.

Not exactly so....I was trying to explain once to someone who was living simply & asked me about a wealthy shidduch she was considering for her dgtr....dont think that having that fancy wedding & extravagant kallah jewelry is only bliss...why wouldn't her dgtr want those things? It's setting her up for a completely different lifestyle & culture....if she's ready for her dgtr to live on such hi standards....yes it's nice in beg when in-laws buy nice baby gifts....but later on when she has to make bar mitzvah & in-laws don't give the money anymore & everyone in fam is making upscale simchas & she doesnt have the money for it but has to keep up the standards & expectatons....what happens then?

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:30 am
A few mil is wealthy in my book!

To me probably 750K and above is wealthy, give or take.

But hey. I'm not a fancy person. To me wealthy means the ability to afford what you need AND what you want easily. And I don't want that much. So...

You're wealthy, OP! Cool

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:32 am
amother wrote:

I don’t think any of my friends feel that there’s competition between us. I have very simple friends and I’m simple too. I never give extravagant gifts, and role model????? Huh??? No way! My house is messy lots of times. People are not always looking at my kids and if yes too bad on them I’d they notice a chocolate smeared dress.

Comments and jealousy? That’s a different story. I won’t elaborate

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:33 am
amother wrote:
Not exactly so....I was trying to explain once to someone who was living simply & asked me about a wealthy shidduch she was considering for her dgtr....dont think that having that fancy wedding & extravagant kallah jewelry is only bliss...why wouldn't her dgtr want those things? It's setting her up for a completely different lifestyle & culture....if she's ready for her dgtr to live on such hi standards....yes it's nice in beg when in-laws buy nice baby gifts....but later on when she has to make bar mitzvah & in-laws don't give the money anymore & everyone in fam is making upscale simchas & she doesnt have the money for it but has to keep up the standards & expectatons....what happens then?

I know a family that has very high standards. Many married kids and everyone toeing the party line.
They don’t have much money. But everyone always needs to look trendy, keep up with the latest trends, it’s their life. All I ever hear them talk about is clothes. It’s sad. And it has nothing to do with what’s in your bank account. Some families are just cultish like that.
And some families have billions but don’t give a cr-p what their kids and grandkids look like and the cleanliness level of their homes. I know many like that.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:33 am
My hub had a good job....gave tzedaka...had prestige...and some fringe benefits from community......Then he lost his job......bigger adjustment besides not having the money was his identity....social standing....& all of a sudden all those fringe benefits stopped...that was the most hurtful. Lost many friends when he lost the money.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:35 am
mommish613 wrote:
Do you find that you and your DH get more respect from people now than before you became wealthy. I always see this, drives me mad

Yes. Won’t deny it. But Dh can’t tske it and doesn’t let himself be respected more. So whoever knows him knows not to.

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
My hub had a good job....gave tzedaka...had prestige...and some fringe benefits from community......Then he lost his job......bigger adjustment besides not having the money was his identity....social standing....& all of a sudden all those fringe benefits stopped...that was the most hurtful. Lost many friends when he lost the money.

I hate to say this but they were never your friends in the first place. Fans maybe.
Real friends would’ve given you a leg up not abandoned you.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:40 am
Zehava wrote:
I know a family that has very high standards. Many married kids and everyone toeing the party line.
They don’t have much money. But everyone always needs to look trendy, keep up with the latest trends, it’s their life. All I ever hear them talk about is clothes. It’s sad. And it has nothing to do with what’s in your bank account. Some families are just cultish like that.
And some families have billions but don’t give a cr-p what their kids and grandkids look like and the cleanliness level of their homes. I know many like that.

That’s a total different topic. I call that a wanna be.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:43 am
amother wrote:

You said it very well. You have a strong point.
But Guess what? Although we are wealthy, I wouldn’t want to put my daughter into a family like that. Wealthy doesn’t mean fancy. And doesn’t mean you have to live on high standards

mommish613

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:43 am
What kind of cars do you and DH drive?

Okay this is my last question I promise LOL
Page 9 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics