Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I’m SuperWify and I’ll AYA (ask YOU anything)
  1  2  3  31  32  33  Next

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:12 am
No anonymous posters Smile

This is going to be fun. Post if you want me to ask you a question and you must answer truthfully.

GLUE

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:16 am
What type of questions are you going to ask?

wigboutique

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:20 am
Hi

choco1

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:40 am
Ask away...

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:42 am
What would you not ask?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:50 am
GLUE wrote:
What type of questions are you going to ask?

Hi glue anything!

Let’s start with you! What did you eat for dinner last night?

Last edited by SuperWify on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:50 am
wigboutique wrote:
Hi

Hi wig, what was one thing you did that you regret?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:51 am
choco1 wrote:
Ask away...

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:52 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
What would you not ask?

Anything too personal I guess…

Chicken soup, what the hardest thing for you on becoming a new mom?

Reality

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:54 am
I'm in

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:55 am
Reality wrote:
I'm in

Reality, tell me something about you that no posters know.

Reality

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:57 am
SuperWify wrote:
Reality, tell me something about you that no posters know.

ooh, a tough one!

I have never posted about being bullied in high school, even threatened with violence. Yes, in a BY.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:59 am
Reality wrote:
ooh, a tough one!

I have never posted about being bullied in high school, even threatened with violence. Yes, in a BY.

Wow. That’s horrific! Did your parents know? Did the school intervene?

As an adult today, how would you prevent such a thing from occurring in schools today?

salt

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:02 am
ok.
But I won't answer anything that might give me away...

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:06 am
salt wrote:
ok.
But I won't answer anything that might give me away...

I actually think you have a lot of insight and I’m curious about your background but I’ll 🤐

So here goes, I’ll ask something more general…

What’s one piece of advice you’d wish everyone would know?

Last edited by SuperWify on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:10 am
Sounds like fun, ask away!!

salt

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
I actually think you have a lot of insight and I’m curious about your background but I 🤐

So here goes, I’ll ask something more general…

What’s one piece of advice you’d wish everyone would know?

Speak to your kids. Tell them stories from when you were kids, things that happened to you at work that day, your thoughts, your opinions, etc. They usually love to here this kind of thing. And it will get them talking too.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:13 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Sounds like fun, ask away!!

Hi Ema! How’s it going with the 5?

Ok, not the question I want to ask you.

I really would like to know how you always manage to have such elaborate YT menus and guests, plus being a mom of 5 king and a full time Imamother member Wink - where do you get your menu ideas from? Do you have help over chag? Do you like cooking? Do you serve on paper plastic or dishes? Do you ever get a break or go away?

Ok, that’s enough questions.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:15 am
salt wrote:
Speak to your kids. Tell them stories from when you were kids, things that happened to you at work that day, your thoughts, your opinions, etc. They usually love to here this kind of thing. And it will get them talking too.

Love this. My mom did that a lot when we were young but I’m not naturally that type and my kids don’t love to share.

I do find that looking at photo albums of younger me or the kids when they were babies really gets the conversation going.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:40 am
SuperWify wrote:
Hi Ema! How’s it going with the 5?

Ok, not the question I want to ask you.

I really would like to know how you always manage to have such elaborate YT menus and guests, plus being a mom of 5 king and a full time Imamother member Wink - where do you get your menu ideas from? Do you have help over chag? Do you like cooking? Do you serve on paper plastic or dishes? Do you ever get a break or go away?

Ok, that’s enough questions.

Honestly? Life with five is overwhelming sometimes!!! BH BH BH my baby (he’s almost 1 already, can you believe it????) is doing so so so much better, and life is getting less overwhelming.

Yom tov meals…..so here’s the story. Growing up, my grandparents lived with us. Not because they were old or sick, but because both of my parents worked and BH they were able to move in to help take care of us. My grandparents (and by extension my parents) were the epitome of superhosts. We didn’t have an open house like my husband and I have, but we almost always had company. I didn’t spend much time cooking growing up, but I guess I learned through osmosis, from watching my mom and grandmother. Yom tov in our house was a special time. Special food, special clothes, etc.
How do I manage? By being super organized! I plan my menu weeks in advance. I plan out my shopping lists too. Then I make a cooking list- what will be cooked on what day- and really try to stick to it. Succos is the hardest, because there’s the fewest days to prep and shop and cook, but somehow it always happens.
My ideas come from cookbooks and recipe websites and…..FB! “I don’t cook but I give out recipes” or something like that is where a lot of my inspiration comes from.
I was working until two januaries ago. I worked from home, but it was still work. Last year, when my baby was born, I wasn’t working. All I can say is BH for that, because it would have been a disaster. BH I have almost full time help- four days a week, six hours a day. She is wonderful and amazing- the type who will organize the closets or drawers while we are away for a few days, you know? She doesn’t help me with the prep, but she does clean up after me (the adhd in me doesn’t always remember to!) and when Yom tov falls on her days here, she is a wonderful, big, huge help! My mother in law is superwoman, and only serves on real dishes, and my husband expects no less from me. Because I have a cleaning lady, that is possible. It took many years for my husband to understand that plastic does not mean less kavod, and that me standing and washing all those dishes is not necessarily conducive to simchas Yom tov. BH clean up post Yom tov is not bad. My husband is in charge of the dishwashers (I know a guy who sells appliances, so I’m spoiled and have 3- dairy, meat, and parve)
I just want to point out that while the bolded was a cute mistake, we actually have 3 kings (cuz let’s be real, the kids rule the house!) and 2 queens!!
We don’t generally go away for Yom tov, I don’t like it and it’s hard for so many reasons. We also don’t go away for shabbos very often, for the same reason. Our shabbos meals are by far not as elaborate, but we have a lot of people living in our house, so we tend to have big meals. Sometime it’s quiet, like under 10 people total including me, my husband, and kids. (I love my baby to bits and pieces, but he doesn’t count here.) I tell my husband when I need a break, and he usually accommodates. When he doesn’t, it’s usually because people call Thursday night or Friday asking if they can come. Sometimes he says no (obviously in a nice way) and sometimes he will tell me and let me decide.
Page 1 of 33   1  2  3  31  32  33  Next Recent Topics