Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
We are wealthy Bh. Ask me anything
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:35 pm
I am enjoying this thread too...

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:37 pm
Why won’t you answer how much money he makes?

simba

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:38 pm
What is one thing you don’t have that you would switch your wealth for?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:50 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I'm the one who originally asked. And I'm not interested in how much he makes so much as a ballpark of wealth.

Are we talking "sold my business for a little over a billion" wealthy?

Or "I can go to Reserve Cut without worrying about the cost" wealthy?

Because how I view your story really depends on what you mean by wealthy

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:50 pm
At what point did you start to think of yourself as wealthy? I ask because my dh is also self employed and the last few years has been making way more than enough than we need but because he does not have the safety of a salaried job we are hesitant to put ourselves in that category although we probably are.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:03 pm
Why is everyone pushing her to answer how much her husband makes? If she doesn't want to answer she doesn't have to!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:07 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Why is everyone pushing her to answer how much her husband makes? If she doesn't want to answer she doesn't have to!

Then she should respond saying such. She did title this post, "Ask me anything"!

Orange, I'm thrilled you guys are doing well.

I'd love to know what kind of business your DH has.

What kind of investment did he put into it in the beginning?

What unique skill set does he have that enables him to do this successfully?

Do you think I could duplicate his success?

simba

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:11 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Does it really matter? If she doesn’t feel any financial limitations isn’t that wealthy?
It might be a lot less then what you would consider wealthy yet it would still be wealthy to her.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
At what point did you start to think of yourself as wealthy? I ask because my dh is also self employed and the last few years has been making way more than enough than we need but because he does not have the safety of a salaried job we are hesitant to put ourselves in that category although we probably are.

Same. That’s why I was asking how much money she considers wealthy. My husband is making really nice money now and we have a good amount invested in real estate now but he is self employed and anything can happen so we are literally living off of $120k a year even though we can technically spend a couple of times that.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:14 pm
simba wrote:
Does it really matter? If she doesn’t feel any financial limitations isn’t that wealthy?
It might be a lot less then what you would consider wealthy yet it would still be wealthy to her.

I think it matters to many of us, assuming that we are gleaning actual information from these threads, and they are not simply nonsensical entertainment.

If she lives in an area where tuition and real estate is much lower than it is where most of live, then thinking that her DH's industry is the ticket to frum financial freedom could be a real downer to someone from NY learning from someone in, say, Cincinnati.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:18 pm
Ugh this thread is making me so so sad
The imamother attitude towards wealth is disgusting
Op kudos for putting up with all of the stupid responses.

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:19 pm
Since you have no need for additional income, B"H, KA"H, it only makes sense for you to be at home.

I imagine your husband works long hours. I imagine that you have plenty of household help. (I may be wrong on either or both of those assumptions)

Do you find that you sometimes feel bored/lonely? Do you have stay-at-home mom friends in a similar situation to yours? Do you live near your family?

Do you do volunteer work when you need a change of pace from housework & childcare?

I think this is a cool thread topic.

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:22 pm
Zehava wrote:

Lol I know. What's up with that.... Scratching Head

I think it's nice when I see people who are successful B"H. I mean, why not? Success is usually the result of a lot of hard work combined with good mazal. Can't knock that.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:22 pm
does your husband have a business partner or runs his businesses solo?
Does your husband have a degree Wink ?
Does he work long hours?

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:26 pm
gold21 wrote:
Lol I know. What's up with that.... Scratching Head

I think it's nice when I see people who are successful B"H. I mean, why not? Success is usually the result of a lot of hard work combined with good mazal. Can't knock that.

Jealousy is an ugly beast and somehow here it comes out with money
Have you ever heard someone with kids being asked how they sleep at night knowing there are infertile couples?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the one who originally asked. And I'm not interested in how much he makes so much as a ballpark of wealth.

Are we talking "sold my business for a little over a billion" wealthy?

Or "I can go to Reserve Cut without worrying about the cost" wealthy?

Because how I view your story really depends on what you mean by wealthy

I don’t either care the exact amount. I just want to know if she means $500,000 or $500,000,000.

There’s a REALLY big difference.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:27 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Of course she doesn’t. But she did say ask me anything. And I’m really curious what she means by wealthy. Wealthy means different things to everybody.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:28 pm
simba wrote:

It doesn’t really matter. I am curious. It will help me understand better.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:29 pm
Zehava wrote:

Which responses?

I didn’t notice anyone being nasty.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:34 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t either care the exact amount. I just want to know if she means $500,000 or $500,000,000.

There’s a REALLY big difference.

I agree. But for some reason, my impression seems to be towards the former number, since the OP described her wealth as not having to worry when shopping or vacationing. I feel like that’s not WEALTHY wealthy.
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics