Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
S/O Doona vs. Snap n Go
1  2  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:36 pm
For those of you who have used a snap n go for your first children and have recently bought a doona, is it really worth the extra money?

What are the pros over a snap n go? Do you think its worth the splurge if you can't really afford it?

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:44 pm
I absolutely love my snap and go, and am so sad when baby outgrows the infant seat. The storage space on mine is amazing, I can do so much shopping. The fact that the doona doesn’t have storage space is kind of a deal breaker for me.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:52 pm
I click my car seat into my bugaboo stroller base. Best thing ever for shopping. The doona does not have storage, that's a deal breaker for. And it's a waste if money if you have a car seat already.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:52 pm
If you have a snap n go that you are happy with, stick with it. The Doona is really more of a style/keeping up with the Joneses type of thing. If you could afford it, buy it. But, if it's a stretch, it is definitely not worth it.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:56 pm
I don't have a doona but borrowed one from a friend for a few days to see if was worth it for me.

it was def more convenient not to have to unfold the snap n go from my trunk and put it back in every time I went out of the car. but...

the Doona is soo heavy! and sooo flimsy! my baby literally bopped up and down with every bump. I felt like the whole thing would flip over with one wrong push. and shopping in a grocery makes no sense with the Doona. it hardly fits in the cart.

and if you're average height, the thing is so low its like pushing a doll carriage.

whatever...can't you see how much I think the doona is a waste of money Smile

I love my old fashion maxi cosi infant car seat!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 3:58 pm
I love my doona but if you can’t afford it, don’t get it. It’s not something you need

We travel a lot so it’s very useful for our lifestyle ( airport, Uber etc). We also live up a set of stairs and I appreciate the small size because I can lift it up the staircase without taking the baby out

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
If you have a snap n go that you are happy with, stick with it. The Doona is really more of a style/keeping up with the Joneses type of thing. If you could afford it, buy it. But, if it's a stretch, it is definitely not worth it.

I am so far from styles and keeping up with the Jones. I happen to really like the doona and am happy I have it. Of course, if I couldn’t afford it, I would figure something else out

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:43 pm
tichellady wrote:
I am so far from styles and keeping up with the Jones. I happen to really like the doona and am happy I have it. Of course, if I couldn’t afford it, I would figure something else out

Have you ever used a snap n go?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
I click my car seat into my bugaboo stroller base. Best thing ever for shopping. The doona does not have storage, that's a deal breaker for. And it's a waste if money if you have a car seat already.
does imamother tends to richer posters or is it just me?

chicco

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:15 pm
I never had a Doona, but every time I am at the super market and I see a Doona owner either struggling by pushing the Doona as well as a shopping cart, or just the Doona with the groceries on top of the child I think, really? This is what more convenient looks like? As an outsider, it seems to me that the real advantage is actually using the wheels for even short distances instead of opting for holding the whole carseat. Few people actually pull out the stroller for the snap and go every time they have a short shlep.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:24 pm
I thank the creators of the Doona every single time I use it. I love it. It is worth every penny to me and I would highly recommend it!

I’m just sad it didn’t exist for my older child when she was little lol.

So yes, I’m a fan!

And to the poster who asked if this site tends to have richer posters: uh, you must be new here. It’s usually a competition to see who is the poorest.

(We are not rich just btw, far from it, but the Doona has been a godsend)

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:26 pm
Amother seafoam, my stroller was a gift. I wont spend this money on a stroller.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:
I thank the creators of the Doona every single time I use it. I love it. It is worth every penny to me and I would highly recommend it!

So yes, I’m a fan!

And to the poster who asked if this site tends to have richer posters: uh, you must be new here. It’s usually a competition to see who is the poorest.

I agree with everything u said! I needed a new cRseat anyways cuz my old one expired. It's amazing! Truth is that my DH does all grocery shopping so I never have that issue of placing packet of cheese on my baby's head. It's only annoying when I do the occasional trip to Walmart. I do most shopping online anyways so it's basically a non issue

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:

So yes, I’m a fan!

What’s so great about it?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:23 pm
The doona is not made to use as a regular stroller. Why spend $500 on a flimsy car seat? Its not even strong enough to hold bags on a hook.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:14 pm
I've owned a snap and go, used a maxi cosi and now have a doona.
For me as a shorter person the maxi cosi was the worst. I've never had it next to a snap and go to compare but I felt like I had to lift the car seat higher than was easily comfortable to connect to the base. If the baby is not a newborn it was very difficult.
The storage on the snap and go is obviously great but a Velcro hook on doona is fine too
For grocery shopping the doona is kind of silly. A regular car seat snaps on to the seat of the shopping cart and with a doona you have to push both.
The fact the the doona is one piece is great. If you have your own car and have the base installed and your trunk has space for the snap and go it's not so difficult to have two separate pieces. Taxi users will find it more convenient to not have to go open the trunk and maneuver things around to make it fit in. We all managed before the doona but it is easier.

I think the reason the doona is so popular is because it is convenient and it's new and fashionable

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:

So yes, I’m a fan!

Curious to know if u live in a city or suburb? What do I use it for mostly?

First time mom here iyh also trying to figure out what makes sense.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:51 pm
I have a snap-n-go and I'm happy with it. I've never used a doona but I've heard that the seat depth front to back is shorter and the babies outgrow it younger, however many keep pushing the baby into it because of the convenience. A PT I know said that it's positioning is worse for babies head control and posture than a typical carseat.
Good luck with your decision

mango

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:19 pm
I have a snap and go and absolutely love it. It's so convenient when in and out the car and for shopping and any stuff I have the basket is so big. It's not a big deal at all to fold and put in the trunk and it's so light! My sister in law has a doona and says it's over rated. It's heavy and has no storage...
I sometimes think I would love a doona but then I list the pros and cons of one vs the other for me the snap and go comes out way ahead. Also my baby would have probably outgrown or almost have outgrown the doona by now and still has plenty of space in his good old Graco.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:25 pm
I'm saying a few other posters said. The fact that the doona doesn't have a basket makes it not worth spending. I love love my snap n go. It has a huge basket. I got it by this baby I can't imagine how I went without till now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics