Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to bring back from Hungary or London (duty free?)

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:36 am
Anything special that worth to shlep back?
My husband will be traveling through there soon so if there's anything of interest or some shmuntza for the kids that we can't get here, please share!
Thank you!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 2:42 am
Quote:
My husband will be traveling through there soon so if there's anything of interest or some shmuntza for the kids that we can't get here, please share!
Thank you!

Where is "here?"

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 2:49 am
DrMom wrote:
Quote:
Thank you!

Where is "here?"

Imamother 101: Location is NYC, unless otherwise specified.

Metukah

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:17 am
DrMom wrote:
Quote:
Thank you!

Where is "here?"

Did you not know that all human beings live in NY?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....48456

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:31 am
If you can't find something in NYC, you're just not looking hard enough. I promise you, they have it!

I'm a foodie. I bring back spices and condiments. I also bring back any sealed packages of cheese or meats that are allowed by customs. Any form of cooked meat is allowed if it is vacuum packed.

In Hungary, bring back some smoked mild paprika. It will add extra depth and flavor to cholent and goulash.

London is a melting pot like NY, so I can't think of anything special that you can't find at home. Booze from duty free is always a good thing! Ooh, I just thought of something! Baileys Irish Cream made in the US is not kosher, but the Baileys made in the UK is kosher, supervised by the London Beis Din. There's no heksher on the bottle, but it's in the "Blue Book", and you can call ahead to make sure it's still on the list.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:25 am
DrMom wrote:
Quote:
Thank you!

Where is "here?"

LOL lol! I'm always makpid to post location. I guess in my tired state last night it was overlooked.
Ok, Here is obviously not Europe because then otherwise it wouldn't be such a big deal Wink.

but happens to be y'all guessed Wink
So ok, what to bring back to good ole US?

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:18 am
You can usually buy a wider variety of cheese in the UK then in the US. (and better too) English cheese, and also french cheeses like brie and camembert and italian blocks of parmesan.

Baileys now has a pareve version called almandine if you keep chalav yisrael which has just been approved last week.

Bendicks chocolates (can often buy these in the airport)

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:51 am
What's a shmuntza?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics