Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Embarrassing home management question
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:49 pm
Please be kind with your responses! (I am embarrassed to have to ask such a basic question.)

What do you shave (legs, underarms) into, if not the bathroom sink? How?
How to make sure that the hair does not clog the drains?

Thanks

LittleMissMama

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:50 pm
Most women shave in the shower. If you have that much hair that you're worried about clogging the drain, you're waiting too long between shaves.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:54 pm
I shave in the shower. Never had a clogging issue.

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:59 pm
We have something like this for the shower.
https://www.amazon.com/Stainle.....ainer

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:13 pm
LittleMissMama wrote:
Most women shave in the shower. If you have that much hair that you're worried about clogging the drain, you're waiting too long between shaves.

Thanks so much for your response.

That’s the strange part: I don’t have much hair. But the plumber who was cleaning the bathroom sink asked if I shave into it, that he is mostly cleaning out hair that’s accumulated inside. But it left me so confused as to what I am supposed to do instead.. embarrassed

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:15 pm
Hair will clog the sink but not the shower.

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:51 pm
Are you sure he meant hair from shaving? I think it's pretty normal for hair from your head to fall out while scrubbing your head and that's the kind of hair that is most likely clogging the drain

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:54 pm
I’ve never considered the tiny bit of stubble that I shave to be all that clogogenic. But I also use those fine mesh strainers that look like something you would use to strain orange juice, not the standard tub strainers with holes the size of a pencil eraser. They catch pretty small particles and have to be wiped out after every shower. It’s worth it.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:58 pm
Does your husband have a beard?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:59 pm
[quote="amother"]I’ve never considered the tiny bit of stubble that I shave to be all that clogogenic.

I also did not. That’s why I am trying to figure out if I’ve been doing something wrong all this time.

To the poster above: I don’t shave my head, so that could be only hair from leg shaving. I also have hair loss, but I always make sure to clean the hair that falls out of the sink or shower drains.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
Does your husband have a beard?

Thank you: I did not even think of that!

Yes, but he does not shave it. Most of the time, he gets it trimmed by the barber. Once in a while, he will trim it at home.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:01 pm
Add a mesh strainer to your shower drain so that your hair doesn't go down. I'm sure he meant the drain was clogged from the hair on your head, not from shaving your legs.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:02 pm
always shave in the shower
for years
never any problem
clogs come from hair falling out
like hair from your head Wink
wouldn't cut my hair in the shower Wink

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Add a mesh strainer to your shower drain so that your hair doesn't go down. I'm sure he meant the drain was clogged from the hair on your head, not from shaving your legs.

But it was the sink that had to be cleaned out, not the shower..

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:05 pm
Were you the original owner? Lots of men empty their electric shavers into the sink.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:

That’s normal... happens every once in a while. Everyone has hair that falls out. Even your dh. Perhaps beard hairs fall out when he washes his face.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
I’ve never considered the tiny bit of stubble that I shave to be all that clogogenic.

Just wanted to say that I love this word!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:

Keep a mesh strainer there too. It clogs much more easily. Even from just loose hairs from your head when applying makeup or washing your face and yes from trimming one's beard over the sink

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Keep a mesh strainer there too. It clogs much more easily. Even from just loose hairs from your head when applying makeup or washing your face and yes from trimming one's beard over the sink

I have those In both sink and tub and it’s amazing how much crud collects in there every day.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:53 pm
As others have posted, it’s head hair ather than body hair which will clog shower drains. I am astounded by how much hair I take off my brush every morning. I’ve read that it’s normal to lose 50 hairs a day and more post pregnancy as hormones adjust. Multiply that by number of females and then add in male hairs and it’s quite a load on the shower drain.

People give this hair catcher great reviews

https://www.amazon.com/TubShro.....MTYBS
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics