Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you dress your kids at night for the next day?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:24 am
Mornings are rough! Do what you need to do. It takes a lot of time to get everyone out, get all the lunches ready , and make sure they’re all somewhat fed.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
Mornings are rough! Do what you need to do. It takes a lot of time to get everyone out, get all the lunches ready , and make sure they’re all somewhat fed.

Of all the things you should do the night before, lunches are it!!!! Do lunch the night before and dress your kid in fresh clothes that morning!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
My mother did this with my triplet siblings when they were 3-5 years old. She simply couldnt manage otherwise. I was a very critical older sister, always pointing out when one of them didnt look nice, had messy hair etc.
The sleeping in clothes bit was fine. They really didnt look crumpled or anything. It saved my mom her sanity, and no one was worse for the wear

I don't have triplets but I have 4 kids close in age that are incapable of dressing themselves. The oldest of the 4 is special needs and is the hardest to get dressed.

caza

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:42 am
Never unless I am flying early morning or something like that. I was once abroad wuth a child for therapy and we had the first morning appointment at 7am (we had to be there) so I dressed the child before sleep (after a bath)

yksraya

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:56 am
No, I wouldn't do that.

Maybe for early morning travel might. Otherwise no.

You can try preparing the kids clothing at night near their beds. Try going to sleep a bit earlier so that you can wake earlier than usual. Same goes for the kids. Try having their snacks/lunches ready at night and everything else that is needed for school.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:00 pm
Im truly amazed at the people who are so vehemently apposed to this. First off chill out. If this works for some, thats great. Why such negativity?
I know quite a few people, even kids as old as 8 even, who do this, just so they can get those few extra minutes of sleep.
I think its brilliant. My daughter gets up and out the door in 20 minutes so its not needed by us, but I think for someone who has a kid who takes forever to get dressed or takes them an hour in the bathroom and then has to rush to get dressed, or for whatever reason, this is a wonderful and very practical idea.
OP, all the power to you!!!

studying_torah

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:08 pm
Just wanted to ask about fire safety- pjs are either supposed to be fire retardant material or very snug fitting in case of fire ch"v.
How does that work with regular clothes?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:26 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Just wanted to ask about fire safety- pjs are either supposed to be fire retardant material or very snug fitting in case of fire ch"v.
How does that work with regular clothes?
First off, never heard this, but even if so, Im 100% sure that not everyone, kids or adults wear pajamas to sleep. Ive worn only shorts or sweatpants and tank tops or long sleeve shirts for more than 30 years now. As I am sure many people do. And Im also sure that not all pajamas are flame retardant or snug fitting (why is this something important? cant figure that one out.)

mereparfaite

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:43 pm
I have seen few people who does that BUT IT IS so not hygenic, clean.Don't do it please!! Can't Believe It

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:49 pm
LOOOOOL YOUR NAME!!!!!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:56 pm
mereparfaite wrote:
I have seen few people who does that BUT IT IS so not hygenic, clean.Don't do it please!! Can't Believe It
Why ever not? What is so unhygienic about sleeping in ones clothing?

Sake

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:19 pm
Sunday is laundry day and I fold all weekday clothing into outfit piles. Socks, underwear, shirt, pants sweater. I bath or shower them at night so never in the morning. Before I go to bed, I put one of the folded piles for each kid on the end of the kitchen table and cereal and fruit at the other. The little ones are 8, 3 and 1 so I get up, grab the baby, change his diaper on the end of my bed, walk across the hall, wake the other 2, walk to my kitchen chair, dress the baby, stick him in his highchair with cereal, by the the boys are to me and I dress them quickly, one throws out the pullups, one takes the laundry to the washer, the eat, brush teeth, grab backpacks and coats. Out the door like a well oiled machine every morning by 5:45am. (Granted it took me 7 other kids to finally figure it out, but please let that give you hope!)

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:47 pm
I dont get my kids dressed the night before but almost every night they sleep in their clothes from the day. Leggings and a tshirt or sweatshirt. We do morning baths and changing into pjs is just another step and creates more laundry . I only use pjs on shabbos or if their clothes from the day are dirty . I never thought about it to much until reading this thread but I love sleeping in clothes and maybe that's why I dont mind when my kids do. Shells and hard tail skirts are more comfortable than any night shirt or sweats in my book!

gilamom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:37 pm
I wish I could do this for my toddler who deliberates over every article of her clothing before creating her outfit of the day, unfortunately she has a very full pamper in the morning. If that's what works for you, I don't see the harm in trying it out.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:37 pm
Ugh. There is no way that a child that sleeps in his clothes can look fresh and clean in the a.m. no matter how soft their clothes are they will look wrinkled once they they have slept in them. Do whatever works for you but I think it's gross and not a good thing to get your kids used to.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:37 pm
gilamom wrote:
I wish I could do this for my toddler who deliberates over every article of her clothing before creating her outfit of the day, unfortunately she has a very full pamper in the morning. If that's what works for you, I don't see the harm in trying it out.

Sounds like you have a different problem. Why should a toddler be deliberating over her clothing? At that age, they should have choices such as deciding between a blue or red lolly, not deciding on their daily wardrobe. That is the cause of so much stress in many people's lives. And the toddler then feels like they are the boss.... I think it's a very bad idea.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:08 pm
Sake wrote:
Sunday is laundry day and I fold all weekday clothing into outfit piles. Socks, underwear, shirt, pants sweater. I bath or shower them at night so never in the morning. Before I go to bed, I put one of the folded piles for each kid on the end of the kitchen table and cereal and fruit at the other. The little ones are 8, 3 and 1 so I get up, grab the baby, change his diaper on the end of my bed, walk across the hall, wake the other 2, walk to my kitchen chair, dress the baby, stick him in his highchair with cereal, by the the boys are to me and I dress them quickly, one throws out the pullups, one takes the laundry to the washer, the eat, brush teeth, grab backpacks and coats. Out the door like a well oiled machine every morning by 5:45am. (Granted it took me 7 other kids to finally figure it out, but please let that give you hope!)

Why so early??

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:42 pm
amother wrote:
Ugh. There is no way that a child that sleeps in his clothes can look fresh and clean in the a.m. no matter how soft their clothes are they will look wrinkled once they they have slept in them. Do whatever works for you but I think it's gross and not a good thing to get your kids used to.
Im sorry, if you dont do this then how would you know what other's clothing look like?

And no, they do not look all wrinkled and a mess, not at all.

And why is it not something good to get used to? What could remotely be wrong with it?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 5:56 am
I tell my four-year-old that pajamas are for Shabbos!I really don't see anything wrong with having a kid sleep in their clothes. If it makes someone's morning easier and save us a lot of battles with a kid I think it's a fantastic idea.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 6:04 am
My parents did this with me and my siblings when I was a kid. I HATED IT. I am a very sensory person. Part of life as a sensory person is being as comfortable as possible, as often as possible. I feel resentful of my parents not understanding my needs as a kid when I couldnt even express it. Nowadays I only buy clothing that is very soft, and by 5 pm I am in my favorite pajamas.
You can make lunches and have breakfast ready to go the night before
you can put the kids to bed earlier so they wake up earlier
you can teach the kids to be more independent in the morning routine
You can hire a girl to help you get out of the house in the am
but no sleeping in clothing!!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics