Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Toddler tangly hair help

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:39 pm
My 2.5 year old daughter has pretty long hair. It's fine and straight with a bit of wave, so it's not very hard to deal with, except that after every bath it's a complete battle to brush it. Funny thing is she loves girly things - hairdos and bows etc. But puts up a fight about brushing it through. Maybe she has a very sensitive scalp? I don't want to traumatize her but if I leave it it gets more and more tangled. I've tried detangling spray which doesn't really help. Any other suggestions?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:43 pm
What shampoo are you using?

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:50 pm
I deep condition my toddler's hair weekly in the shower, and brush it through with the conditioner in before washing it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:56 pm
Use a detangling shampoo too.
And when brushing, gather the hair into a ponytail, and brush out the bottom, so her hair isn't being pulled from her scalp, just from the pony.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 4:00 pm
I second the conditioner. I never used to use it but it makes a big difference in postbath brushing. That and what ra_mom said about holding the hair in pony with your hand. Move up slowly inch by inch as you take out the knots.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 4:01 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I deep condition my toddler's hair weekly in the shower, and brush it through with the conditioner in before washing it.

This

meyerlemon44

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 5:23 pm
My daughter also has fine hair and hates brushing. I think it's harder for them because of their hair texture, if that makes sense. Anyway, I condition it and brush it out while the conditioner is in it while she's in the bath, and put it in a braid before she goes to bed. Those both really help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics