Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
How is it that Obama hasnt been asked about the Smollett cas

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 7:26 pm
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/o.....game/

Obama was at a ballgame and no one could get him to give an opinion on the Smollett case?

Is Obama avoiding members of the press? Im sure there are many members of the press who would like to hear Obama's words of wisdom on the Smollett story.

Does anyone wonder whether Obama would be commenting or not if someone had concocted a juicy colorful story about a WASP racist being attacked by an African American, solely for the purpose of career advancement, taking many weeks of Chicago police dept time?

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:12 pm
Why is it odd that nobody asked him?

What does he have to do with this case?

???

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:29 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why is it odd that nobody asked him?

What does he have to do with this case?

???

1- This case has the entire United States, both Republicans and Democrats, of all races, sitting at the edges of their seats. Its definitely comment-worthy.

2- Imho, if a white person had staged a racist attack, s p e c I f I c a l l y to make African Americans look bad, a lot of African American politicians, past and present, would be on the news commenting and throwing their hands up in disgust.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:36 pm
Things didn't officially turn on its head until today when Smollett was officially charged. Yes, there was speculation in the days leading up to this but you would not get anything out of Obama yesterday, before Smollett was charged. Even today I could easily see someone like Obama saying that Smollett has the presumption of innocence and we must wait for the legal process to play out. Do you really think that at yesterday's ballgame, prior to him being charged, Obama would have bashed Smollett? No way.

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:58 pm
Obama doesn't hold a public office anymore. Who cares what he thinks?

Hey, how about Jimmy Carter? How come nobody asked him?

Mevater

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 3:30 am
DrMom wrote:
Obama doesn't hold a public office anymore. Who cares what he thinks?

Hey, how about Jimmy Carter? How come nobody asked him?

Obama is currently a revered G-d in the eyes of many in the Democratic party.

A day doesnt pass that Democrats looking to put down Trump, compare his presidency to that of Obama's.

simcha2

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 4:16 am
A better question would be why didn't they ask about Roger Stone seeming to threaten a federal judge?

(After all Stone called her an obama appointee).

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 4:35 am
simcha2 wrote:
A better question would be why didn't they ask about Roger Stone seeming to threaten a federal judge?

(After all Stone called her an obama appointee).

Didn't you know the Jussie Smollett fiasco is part of the conspiracy perpetuated by Trump living cops to defect the Roger Stone news?

An even better question would be why we don't discuss the genitalia hats, Democrats screaming at the sky, snow flake rooms (or just flake rooms for short), or rampant antisemitism on the left.

Drum roll please.

Because they aren't relevant to these race/ religion/ s€xual orientation hoaxes.

simcha2

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 4:43 am
Squishy wrote:
Didn't you know the Jussie Smollett fiasco is part of the conspiracy perpetuated by Trump living cops to defect the Roger Stone news?

An even better question would be why we don't discuss the genitalia hats, Democrats screaming at the sky, snow flake rooms (or just flake rooms for short), or rampant antisemitism on the left.

Drum roll please.

Because they aren't relevant to these race/ religion/ s€xual orientation hoaxes.

Are you kidding? These things have been discussed as nauseum.

The question is why aren't you bothered by the comment that lead to the hats and the screaming at the sky?

Why aren't you discussing Jill Harth or Kathy Heller?

Why aren't you discussing the lack of tax return releases? (Either because you have no idea of conflict of interests, or because Trump promised to release them and has lied by not doing so).

Why isn't the fact that he nearly got an Israeli spy killed being investigated?

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 5:08 am
simcha2 wrote:
Are you kidding? These things have been discussed as nauseum.

The question is why aren't you bothered by the comment that lead to the hats and the screaming at the sky?

Why aren't you discussing Jill Harth or Kathy Heller?

Why aren't you discussing the lack of tax return releases? (Either because you have no idea of conflict of interests, or because Trump promised to release them and has lied by not doing so).

Why isn't the fact that he nearly got an Israeli spy killed being investigated?

Because none of those things are relevant to the discussion of the Jussie Smollett hoax.

simcha2

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 5:26 am
Squishy wrote:
Because none of those things are relevant to the discussion of the Jussie Smollett hoax.

But your list above are?

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 1:35 am
Mevater wrote:
Obama was at a ballgame and no one could get him to give an opinion on the Smollett case?

You can ask him yourself at https://barackobama.com/contact/

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 1:49 am
I'm more interested in asking actress Ellen Page, esp after her ridiculous melodramatic rant on the Stephen Colbert Show:

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 2:06 am
I'm no fan of Obama, but can't the man just enjoy a game?

If I were him I'd be pretty ticked off if I got swarmed by reporters over the Smollet incident. There are channels to go through if you want a printable quote.

Page is having her moment in the sun right now, because she's been getting some really good roles lately. She's also very young and idealistic. I think she's going to look back in a few years and be somewhat, maybe not embarrassed, but more likely to see the big picture.

She reminds me of when I was a hard core vegan, protesting with Greenpeace, and being "that person" who lectures everyone about the importance of cruelty free makeup. I don't regret any of that, I just mellowed out a lot as I matured.

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 2:33 am
Calling a spade a spade:

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics