Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What's the weirdest thing you've found so far?
1  2  3  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:40 am
Just for fun. While cleaning, what is the weirdest thing you've found, or the weirdest place you've found it?

I was sweeping under a wardrobe, and found every single one of my cat's toys there. Apparently that's her stash spot.

I got them all out for her, and 24 hours later they were all back under the wardrobe!

Silly kitty. LOL

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 9:19 am
Wasn't cleaning but was transferring the baby clothing into a different bag and found a puffin... No idea how it got into the 12m bag!! That's the definition of any chametz that we don't know about...

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:03 pm
Found real big chometz. Culprit my dh...biggest baby around I guess.
In my bedroom closet, I found a knapsack with real time chometz snacks like whole wafers & pretzel bags that my husband uses when he takes my dc for outpatient appts in hospital.
It's ok that it's stocked but for Heavens sake why can't he keep the knapsack in coat closet?
We always think bedrooms don't contain chometz.

In my top night table drawer,cereal scattered. My toddler brought me the cereal to give her, while I was in bed & looks like she spilled it & it went into the drawer.

In the China closet find a challah roll, hard as a rock. My dh got as a yid bais challah from some rebbe.

Found in my shoe bag only one croc from a pair my dgtr outgrew, I threw it out, as it was a half a pair & remembered that we lost one while she still was using it. After I threw away that one, I found the second half of the pair.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:08 pm
I once bought for my little boy who didn't go to shul yet, a pair of shabbos shoes so that he would have what to wear midseason for a family wedding. Comes wedding no shoe in sight. Borrowed shoes for wedding. When we made pesachdig we found shoes on top of furniture. My husband must've punished the shoes because they weren't put away & forgot about them, since he didn't use it. By time we found these brand new stunning shoes, they were almost outgrown.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:10 pm
Was changing baby's diaper. Pulled out a baby wipe and out pops a piece of soggy cereal

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:20 pm
Nothing. Confused

My house is 90% chamatz free. But I guess I'm boring.

My kids are 4 and 5. All year round we stay in the kitchen / dining area only with food. So it's boring.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:26 pm
I also try to enforce this rule but still found chometz in bedrooms

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:31 pm
If I don't put the challah away immediately after we eat, the cat gets on the table and drags it onto the floor. Then she shares it with the dog. They drag it all over the house, leaving a trail of crumbs like Hansel and Gretel. I can only blame myself for leaving it out, because I know they'll do it if I let them.

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:38 pm
Great story here. Many years ago I put away cash to cover the cost of my oldest son's bar mitzva. It was put in a spot that had an opening behind it we were not aware of which led to a closet. Came bar mitzva time and I stuck a hanger to retrieve the cash and it was gone. I was devastated and realized it couldve fallen through that hole at any point over the year and fallen onto the floor of a closet. my house had many different domestic help over the years and I considered it GONE. Needless to say we never used that hiding place again. Last week, I took a hanger with a rag in that area to get dust out and guess what??? two envelopes of cash were sitting there. the money I kissed good bye to years ago... and.. JUST IN TIME FOR MY YOUNGER SON's bar mitzva.

Don't you love Pesach cleaning? And God's amazing way of sending money when least expected.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:38 pm
When I said 90% chamatz free, I meant that I already went thru and cleaned 90% of the house.
Not that I am relying on us not taking food out of the kitchen area.....
(Don't be jelous. For me, the shopping/alterations and cooking is a lot a bigger job than cleaning.)

Maybe when I finish the last few things in the kitchen and go thru the last corner garage I'll find something. Who knows.....

Oh one thing we found was another 3 bags of rubber mulch we didn't know we still had! Then I remembered it was 1/4 the price end of Fall so we stocked up on extra....
Thing is, 3 isn't enough. I wonder why we stopped at 3..... go figure.

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:17 pm
Yesterday I started on the playroom.

In the kitchen set playhouse, in the pantry cabinet, I found two knives, two fotks, two spoons, from my real-life cutlery set. It was carefully sandwiched in a wad of white Shabbos napkins.

Further cleaning turned up the can opener ( how I'd searched for it!) And a spatula.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:27 pm
Oh, goodness! I did the bedrooms of my 13 and 16 year old boys today. This is what I found:

A bowl with dried up oatmeal, 4 empty bags of Bissli, a sandwich bag for filled with crushed cookies and an empty bag of pretzels with crumbs in it , under the bed.
Then wrapped in his quilt was an empty wrapper with crumbs from a hamantash.
Then I went to do their closet. My 16 yr old had multiple cans of soda stacked up and brownie bars in his junk bin.
(Mind you this is all from Purim junk food they got from friends. I thought only toddlers make chometz messes!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 10:13 pm
A couple of years back when doing pesach/spring cleaning I found a non deposited check from a summer job I had done waaay back.
Dh promptly deposited it ☺

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:09 pm
Oh ye! I did find a stash of cash in my husband's drawer under his underwear hidden. He has no clue where it's from. Looks like a check straight from Hashem to as a start to cover pesach expenses as we had no idea from where or how to cover these expenses

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:45 pm
Tzutzie if you didn't find anything you were looking for while pesach cleaning, then you must be very organized

yksraya

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:50 pm
I found my teen sisters earring in the crevices of our recliner.

We usually find all missing gameboy discs and sometimes even money (coins) in recliner and sofa.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:53 pm
I found my sanity!! I'm dumping and dumping and dumping anything that wasn't used in the past year and I'm finally finding my sanity beneath all the stuff cluttering up my freezer-box-size apartment...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:11 am
Nothing, I haven’t started cleaning yet....

Surrendered

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:24 am
I keep finding empty yogart containers and nosh wrappers under kids beds.
Evening snacking behind mommy's back, they hope she'll never know... as many times as I had told them I got them, they just keep assuming next time she wont!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:35 am
My boy decided his new playhouse is under my bed. He tore the fabric lining the bottom of box spring & in between the woods stuffed some things there even food. You would think he is a toddler. I am not telling you how old he is
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics