Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Things that made this pesach easier or more enjoyable
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

syrima

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:20 am
Discovered aluminum foil tape this year, great for taping around the oven and looked soo much better than masking tape!

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:04 am
syrima wrote:
Discovered aluminum foil tape this year, great for taping around the oven and looked soo much better than masking tape!

Me too. And these cooktop liners on amazon to cover so I didn’t need to use foil.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:31 am
Duby's Pesach list. Been using it since 2015, and makes my life so much easier and more organised. With my ADD, I really never paid attention from year to year. I have friends who create their own spreadsheets for everything, but Mrs. Duby's booklet is all done for me and ready to go. I even buy a few extra to give to two of my friends who are less organised than me!

I just finished filling out the 'notes for next year'.... bought too much shmurah this year, but hosted less for the first Y'T, so should plan better for next year.
Shavua tov to all Smile

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:54 am
Dina2018 wrote:
Another thing - very cheap but genius- electric potato peeler! Its magic! It can peel potatoes very quickly, no mess, highly recommend it!

Which potatoe peeler?
Can you post a link?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:54 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I want to thank you too. It's the first year I didn't have to stand over the stove making a new batch of egg noodles for each meal. I made enough for 8 days on erev Yom Tov and followed your rolling and freezing method and it was a pleasure! Thank you!

I am so happy to hear!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:57 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Living on salatim.
Making lots of things ahead whenever possible.

Sleep, sleep, and MORE sleep!

I came down with a cold the morning after the seder. If I hadn't been able to just stay home and rest as much as my body wanted, I'd be sick for weeks. Because I had the luxury to take care of myself, I was able to get over the cold in 4 days. B'H!
I am so happy to hear that you are better and that you were able to take care of yourself so well!!

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 10:58 am
ra_mom wrote:
I am so happy to hear!

Can you post a link to the rolling and freezing method please?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:25 am
OP back with one more. Cashew milk. I never realized how easy it is to make (soak, puree, strain, done). It is absolutely delicious and it was wonderful to not buy the vile klp almond milk.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:26 am
Squishy wrote:

Yes, please!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:27 am
Squishy wrote:

Here's the thread.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....60214

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:28 am
1091 wrote:
Me too. And these cooktop liners on amazon to cover so I didn’t need to use foil.

Would you mind posting a link?

And does anyone have an inexpensive alternative to lining the sink with wrinkly foil?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP back with one more. Cashew milk. I never realized how easy it is to make (soak, puree, strain, done). It is absolutely delicious and it was wonderful to not buy the vile klp almond milk.

What did you use for straining? I hate straining messes.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And does anyone have an inexpensive alternative to lining the sink with wrinkly foil?

I use a big black garbage bag, partly cut so it fits into the corners and taped well.

pause

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:38 am
syrima wrote:

I used it this year and hated it. Told DH to throw it out. After removal, the tape left so much residue all over my oven door that the work required to wash it off was not worth the beauty.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:39 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

I used a fine strainer (the kind where it looks like window screening). I put it over a bowl, poured the milk through, and went off to do something else. When I came back the cashew particles were fairly dry and I just turned the strainer upside down over the trash. It wasn't messy at all.

pause

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Plastic sink inserts. We reuse them every year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:44 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Pewter, this is the type I used, although I got mine at the 99 cent store, so it isn't as nice looking. It did a perfect job.

https://www.target.com/p/oxo-8.....67296

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:46 am
pause wrote:
Plastic sink inserts. We reuse them every year.

Problem with those is I don't have anywhere to store them. But thank you for trying.

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Problem with those is I don't have anywhere to store them. But thank you for trying.

Where do you store your pots and pans? I put my pots and pans into my plastic sink and then into a garbage bag.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:01 pm
momsrus wrote:
Where do you store your pots and pans? I put my pots and pans into my plastic sink and then into a garbage bag.
I live in a one bedroom with part of the living room walled off for a kids room. I have extremely limited closet space. For pesach I have 8 smallish boxes on wall on one side of a closet. It only works because the boxes are all one size and sit flush against the wall. (Although I lose about 1/3 of the closet.) I can't fit in anything else unless it's very small (like a utensil or two).
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics