Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What’s the weirdest-awfulest thing you saw at Pesach hotel
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 12:16 am
SuperWify wrote:
candle lighting time.

I had just lit and was sitting down.

My very overly friendly baby walked over to another baby girl in a carriage that her 6 or 7 year old brother was pushing.

My kid- hi hi hello
She- go away!
Her brother quickly turned the carriage away protectively, and tried to shoo my son away.
My son, not one to give up so fast when it comes to toe tiak social interaction, tried again- hi, hi
This time she smacked him
My kid started to cry, I ran to him pick him up and quickly walked away.
The baby girl started to scream

The mom came back from lighting and saw her baby crying. In a foreign language I couldn’t understand she started to scream at her son pushing the carriage. She points to the crying baby as if it was his fault she was crying and then pulled the poor boy by his shirt and hit him repeatedly.

I sat there in shock.
I try to get up to tell her- it wasn’t your sons fault your baby is crying. It was my baby’s fault. Please don’t hurt him. He was taking such good care of her.

But she didn’t hear me.

She was too busy hitting him.

Now I understand why those poor kids were so aggressive.
Why even the 2 year old girl acted so hostile🙁

Omg. That poor little boy. I don't mean this personally to you superwify, but I would have gotten way more involved , as child abuse is a huge trigger for me.
I think I won't sleep this night thinking of that precious innocent little boy, who deserves to be loved and cherished.
I just don't understand how people didn't get more involved, witnessing something so heartbreaking.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:52 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Omg. That poor little boy. I don't mean this personally to you superwify, but I would have gotten way more involved , as child abuse is a huge trigger for me.
I think I won't sleep this night thinking of that precious innocent little boy, who deserves to be loved and cherished.
I just don't understand how people didn't get more involved, witnessing something so heartbreaking.

Yes. I feel extremely guilty. I tried to tell the woman but she completely ignore me.

What would you have done if you witnessed such a scene?

Could you believe the room was crowded with a few hundred people yet I and one other woman were the only one to have actually witnessed the scene?

The reason I didn’t pull my child away after the first time was because the whole thing literally happened in seconds as I was coming to take him away and find better playmates.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:54 am
I also want to add that in the hotel I was in there was NO fighting for food. Everyone politely waited their turn. I’m sorry and excuse me we’re the most repeated phrases.

Even Motzie Pesach.

I must say I was very impressed.

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:49 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did anyone see the video of the lady throwing plates of food at the waiters in a hotel in mexico because she found out that the splenda was kitnyos?

I heard it that was one reason and the other was that she wanted the staff to make her an adult meal while the kids were being served.

Can you even get splenda that is not kitnyos?

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 6:53 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Somehow when it comes to crowds and food, it brings out the worst in people. People literally lose their minds and go nuts.

It depends completely on the crowd. I have been a victim of pushing and shoving for food in Monsey and Brooklyn. Yet, in other frum places OOT, this behavior doesn't happen. BH
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics