Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you or dh make under $50,000 an year?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you or dh make under $50,000 a year?
Yes, both dh and I make under $50,000  
 35%  [ 86 ]
Yes, one of us makes under $50,000  
 39%  [ 96 ]
No, neither one of us makes under $50,000  
 25%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 245

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:34 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm not sure how to vote. I make under $50,000 a year but I work part time and I'm also just starting.

My DH makes around 90,000 - no degree - but he makes on the lower end for his profession. People in the same field are making 120,000 to 150,000. No degree. You certainly don't need a degree to make over $50,000.

What profession is that?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you do?

I work in a managerial position in a marketing type of business.
It is a unique type of business (so I don't want to spell out the details), but I'm sure there are many like me with no official credentials who earn over 50K per year.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:55 am
You definitely don’t need a masters degree to make over 50k. I actually have a masters and make a decent amount per hour but work very few hours, so I chose the option that one of us make under 50. However my husband who only has a (useless) bachelors makes over 100k. And I feel like everyone we know makes more money. And they don’t have degrees.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:57 am
Hope I didn’t skew your results. When I was working I was making more than $50k (college educated) but I majorly cut back my hours to stay home with my child and now I work from home and make under 20k. But it’s by choice. And when I go back to full time work I will make what I was making before.
DH makes over $100k.

baby12x

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 1:13 am
I make under $50k and have a masters
Someone has to be the lower end of the range!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 3:04 am
We're in our 20s, husband makes far below that in his kollel stipend, but BH I make more in an exceptionally well paying teaching job.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:13 am
I make $20k but my husband makes $220k .
No degrees

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:20 am
I make just under 50k. No degree. Work till 3 daily
Dh makes about 150k no degree.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:22 am
I make now 39000 b/c became office manager a few months ago,and Dh +-29000 (it's variable) And that is a lot for Europe where I live, Unfortunately we are still in debt. Al thought we have paid back a lot already...

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:26 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I make just under 50k. No degree. Work till 3 daily
Dh makes about 150k no degree.

Wow! Can I ask what you and your dh do?

L25

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:37 am
OP it might be more helpful if you only include people without a degree who have been working for a minimum of x years in your general area.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:50 am
It all depends on your field and also your level of experience. I make 45 even though I have a masters because I'm in a "helping" profession and I'm also not as far along my career as most people my age because I took a few years off to be a sahm. But I'm also one raise away from hitting 50, and I do have potential to hit six figured eventually. My dh dropped out of college, so no degree. He's been working and gaining experience the entire time since then, so he's had more time to earn raises and promotions. He makes 150, and also still has room to go up.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 8:14 am
Dh makes about $375,000. He has a bachelors but doesn’t use it. I don’t work.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 8:28 am
I make 20-30 self employed so my income always varies. but with what I do I am able to have my kids home with me till they start school and always home on days they are sick, school vacation and things like that so I even though I don't make a lot I also save us a lot and my husband never had to worries about taking turns when a kid is home sick.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:03 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Dh makes about $375,000. He has a bachelors but doesn’t use it. I don’t work.

Please Please share what he does

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:21 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Please Please share what he does

He is in business. As a general rule, people who make a lot of money have very specific character traits. (I’m talking about people who make money on their own. Not people who have super wealthy parents who set them up in business.) It’s not just a matter of- that job makes money so I’ll take it. Any type of job can make money. Obviously, there is also Mazel involved.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:23 am
nm

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:38 am
I don't work. Dh makes abt 300k. But after yrs of struggling. Beg he earned negative... bh paid off debts from that period already

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:41 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
He is in business. As a general rule, people who make a lot of money have very specific character traits. (I’m talking about people who make money on their own. Not people who have super wealthy parents who set them up in business.) It’s not just a matter of- that job makes money so I’ll take it. Any type of job can make money. Obviously, there is also Mazel involved.

I can't agree more. I just posted that DH earns abt 300k. I look at him sometimes & wonder about his income, why other family members that work just as hard (if not harder) make much less.. but he has a certain nature that I feel is essential to how he's doing in business. Of course e/t is from Hashem...
Plus he bh does work in a lucrative market (Hashem should help it should stay that way..)

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:47 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm not sure how to vote. I make under $50,000 a year but I work part time and I'm also just starting.

My DH makes around 90,000 - no degree - but he makes on the lower end for his profession. People in the same field are making 120,000 to 150,000. No degree. You certainly don't need a degree to make over $50,000.

What field makes that much with no degree?

I make about 100k with a professional degree. My husband makes a bit less also with a professional degree. We have to pay a LOT in child care to support our work schedule though so after the difference in taxes we are not walking away with much more than people making significantly less than us.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics