Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Measles wipes out immune system memory
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 2:22 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Chilukei dayos: This articles mentions how measles is beneficial for the immune system:

https://physiciansforinformedc...../dis/

Please point out where because I read it and couldn't find that.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 7:52 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Chilukei dayos: This articles mentions how measles is beneficial for the immune system:

https://physiciansforinformedc...../dis/

This is a known anti-vax group, even though they pretend to be otherwise. Beware of the snakes in the grass. I would not stake my family's health on advice from this group.

Maybe

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 8:12 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I wonder if and how this can benefit people with immune system issues, such as autoimmune disease, allergies, etc.

I can provide contact info of people who can prove , that they had measles & their asthma eczema or allergies where cured

nchr

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 8:25 am
Maybe wrote:
I can provide contact info of people who can prove , that they had measles & their asthma eczema or allergies where cured

You'll need to wait 3 years (although by that point it could have gone away itself) for the immune system to recovery from measles. Until then, it's sort of like the body is on steroids and people wouldn't experience such symptoms.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:36 am
MAYBE: My friend's kid had bad eczema and his eczema disappeared after his skin cleared post measles.
PURPLE: Info is middle of article.
Southern Bubby: what is discrediting about this group of MDs? Is it that they have different opinions than you? That they believe that parents should be able to make their own medical decisions after being informed of pros AND cons?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:39 am
Well, my eczema went away after I was vaccinated. Also, I'm not autistic

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:43 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
MAYBE: My friend's kid had bad eczema and his eczema disappeared after his skin cleared post measles.
Southern Bubby: what is discrediting about this group of MDs? Is it that they have different opinions than you? That they believe that parents should be able to make their own medical decisions after being informed of pros AND cons?

Most mainstream doctors reject their opinions. If there is a way to give choice without making others sick then fine but that's not the case unless more anti-vaxers are willing to self isolate at the slightest possibility of illness.
Looks like the only choice that you anti-vaxers are willing to give the rest of society is the right to stay home. Any surprise that schools and camps don't accept "choice"?

too tired

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:58 am
That's the new way to brainwash young moms, to say it pays to catch measles chas vesholom because it will "permanently " end excema. My young married daughter, already heard from someone who's friend is telling this and making all moms wish for measles, to cure excema.

nchr

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 11:10 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Right, but his immune system has also essentially been "wiped out" which is basically what high dose steroids would do. A dose of steroids like that would easily clear eczema. The effects measles has on the immune system can last up to three years and leaves children vulnerable to other diseases. In those three years, its possible the eczema could have also cleared up on its own.

Also, I looked at the article. No where does it say measles is healthy for the immune system. Point # 4 of the article states "There are studies that suggest a link between naturally acquired measles infection and a reduced risk of Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas, as well as a reduced risk of atopic diseases such as hay fever, eczema and asthma.14-18 In addition, measles infections are associated with a lower risk of mortality from cardiovascular disease in adulthood.19" This information does not comment on what measles does to benefit the immune system, just that there may be a reduced risk of x, y and z.

It should also be noted that the majority of autoimmune diseases are also linked to a lesser likelihood of cancers - but no one would want to get MS or Parkisons because a potentially reduced risk of a cancer.

Moreover, this article has some misinformation regarding measles complications and fatalities, specifically not mentioning California's recent statistic of 1 in 660 children developing SSPE.

ggdm

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 3:46 pm
The graphic at the end is completely useless. They want to compare measles deaths and vaccine deaths, but there is no data for vaccine deaths, so they cannot plot a bar? So why the graphic? And what is the argument? If the number is unknown it may be higher? Well, it also may be lower - we don't know.

Point 3 ("what treatment") is misleading, as there is no actual treatment. Which would sound too scary, I guess. So "supportive treatment" is listed. Including "rest" - thanks, wouldn't have thought of that myself.

"the vaccine is not capable of preventing all cases of measles, as failures have been reported." - this is well known and the vaccine is actually very effective, 97% is really high. So I assume this is why that number is not found in the article?

I have no patience for the rest. You can see the page is very biased already by the titles "disease INFORMATION" and "vaccine RISK" statement.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 3:55 pm
ggdm wrote:
The graphic at the end is completely useless. They want to compare measles deaths and vaccine deaths, but there is no data for vaccine deaths, so they cannot plot a bar? So why the graphic? And what is the argument? If the number is unknown it may be higher? Well, it also may be lower - we don't know.

Point 3 ("what treatment") is misleading, as there is no actual treatment. Which would sound too scary, I guess. So "supportive treatment" is listed. Including "rest" - thanks, wouldn't have thought of that myself.

"the vaccine is not capable of preventing all cases of measles, as failures have been reported." - this is well known and the vaccine is actually very effective, 97% is really high. So I assume this is why that number is not found in the article?

I have no patience for the rest. You can see the page is very biased already by the titles "disease INFORMATION" and "vaccine RISK" statement.

They excel at twisting the truth but the anti-vaxers daven at their temple and get upset if someone questions their authority.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:00 am

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:51 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Because people with lousy immune systems need them to be made worse?

Not really. People with allergies have an over responsive immune system. Their immune system produced antibodies to attack itself. Maybe if these antibodies get wiped clean they can have a fresh start?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:03 pm
esuss wrote:
I am just hoping that this will help someone who is on the fence about vaccines make a rational decision.

Tell this to an anti vaxxer and her response will be “my child had the measles and it was nothing. He is totally fine now”
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics