Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need a vacation desperately!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:27 am
We can't find anyone to watch our kids so I can't go with my husband and I have noone else to go with. My siblings are unhealthy so I know it would be a disaster if I went with one of them. What can I do? Anyone else in a similar situation? I really want to go to Florida or California for 3-4 days. Wish I had someone to watch my kids.....

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:28 am
Go alone #treatyoself

Or take a friend

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:30 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Go alone #treatyoself

Or take a friend

I was thinking of going alone because I could use the peace and quiet but ultimately, I think I really want to go with someone for the company. I have no friend to ask to go with me.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:31 am
Hire a babysitter to watch your kids. Or ask their classmates parents, don't be ashamed! That's what I did when we needed to get away.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:33 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Hire a babysitter to watch your kids. Or ask their classmates parents, don't be ashamed! That's what I did when we needed to get away.

My youngest is only 14 months old so that wouldn't work with sending her to a classmate. She is really the biggest issue when it comes to leaving the kids. She is also pretty attached to me so I feel a bit guilty to leave her with a total stranger. My husband is also desperate to get away but we don't really have any options for my baby and he said it's not a vacation if we bring her along.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:35 am
So send the baby to a babysitter and the older kids to friends. Sometimes it's the only way to do it.
I just saw a cute meme "mom's are like "I'm desperate for a break, but I don't trust no one with my kids!""

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was thinking of going alone because I could use the peace and quiet but ultimately, I think I really want to go with someone for the company. I have no friend to ask to go with me.

Can your parents or in laws babysit while you and hubby go away for the night?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:05 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
So send the baby to a babysitter and the older kids to friends. Sometimes it's the only way to do it.
I just saw a cute meme "mom's are like "I'm desperate for a break, but I don't trust no one with my kids!""

I need that meme. Please post. OP, do listen to some suggestions on here. I am still in your shoes. With a three-year old. 😤

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My youngest is only 14 months old so that wouldn't work with sending her to a classmate. She is really the biggest issue when it comes to leaving the kids. She is also pretty attached to me so I feel a bit guilty to leave her with a total stranger. My husband is also desperate to get away but we don't really have any options for my baby and he said it's not a vacation if we bring her along.

It will be a vacation, just a family vacation, not a romantic vacation. That’s what we do, since I don’t really have a expectation that anyone will watch my kids for a few days. It can be really fun, and build lots of memories.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Either:

1) Pay a post-seminary girl to sleep over for a few days and watch the kids in the summer

2) Tell yourself you'll go next year.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I need that meme. Please post. OP, do listen to some suggestions on here. I am still in your shoes. With a three-year old. 😤

I need that meme too! I don't even trust my in laws. They are too old to care for a toddler.
There are no babysitters in my area who would do overnight and my DC would never stay with a stranger.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:30 am
We bring the kids. When they are in bed, we have our own fun!

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:32 am
Beingreal wrote:
We bring the kids. When they are in bed, we have our own fun!

I dont really understand this. I'm thinking back to the last time I went away with my kids (which was the last time we were away in general, 13 years ago). All of us in one hotel room, kids in bed, DH and I whispering by the bathroom or playing bananagrams on the balcony. I guess thats fun?

Beingreal

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:36 am
I go on homeaway and we get a cheap house or a cabin instead of a hotel, so the kids have their own room snd us ours.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:38 am
Be wary of leaving a kid that age who is clingy. I left mine with my mom, and she was fine after the firs half hour. But when we got back we had months of separation anxiety, including at bedtime.

I would go with dh and take her. You each take a night of being responsible, waking up, etc. You put her in her stroller. And you use the time you have while she sleeps, including going back to the room for naptime.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:41 am
OP, do you work? If you do and you have a babysitter see if she would be willing to have your baby overnight (for a fee) this way it's a familiar face. And send the kids to friends. That's how I did it when I had a 14 month old. He loved every minute at the sitter because he knew her and spent time with her every day. It cost quite a lot but it was part of my vacation expense and well worth it.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:39 pm
Beingreal wrote:
I go on homeaway and we get a cheap house or a cabin instead of a hotel, so the kids have their own room snd us ours.

That's what I will have to do....but we have so many points that we want to use toward a nice hotel! I guess it will have to wait until the kids can stay with friends or stay home themselves.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:48 pm
OP, I would go with you. I have a similar problem. I have siblings but even if I place one at each one, I still have more kids... I am looking now to go away for 2-3 days to Denver, Colorado or Myrtle Beach, NC. But I don't have with whom to go.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:02 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
OP, I would go with you. I have a similar problem. I have siblings but even if I place one at each one, I still have more kids... I am looking now to go away for 2-3 days to Denver, Colorado or Myrtle Beach, NC. But I don't have with whom to go.

Why do you specifically want to go to Denver or Myrtle Beach? Just curious....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:04 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
OP, do you work? If you do and you have a babysitter see if she would be willing to have your baby overnight (for a fee) this way it's a familiar face. And send the kids to friends. That's how I did it when I had a 14 month old. He loved every minute at the sitter because he knew her and spent time with her every day. It cost quite a lot but it was part of my vacation expense and well worth it.

I was thinking of asking my daughter's babysitter but I don't think she would want to do it because she has 4 kids of her own. How much did you offer the babysitter for each day/night?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics