Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Infection...Boil filled with pus. Need Dr
1  2  Next

mammala120

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:50 pm
Please recommend a very professional and intelligent and experienced dr who can drain and remove Boil on head size of a dime filled with infection.
Anyone with experience and any other recommendations on bringing it to healing please please let me know
Thankyou so much

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:51 pm
Post your location

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:34 pm
It sounds like MRSA.

tf

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:02 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
It sounds like MRSA.

Thought so too.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:08 pm
Thats no joke OP.
In which city do you live?
Head over to (a good hospital) ED.

L25

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:08 pm
mrsa was my thought also. We went to the ER for it.

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:11 pm
You sure it's an infection? Where is it located on body

mammala120

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:47 pm
So sorry
I reminded myself not to forget to post location and still forgot

I am in Brooklyn but willing to travel if needed. We have united health care. Will pay reasonable price if doctors is highly recommended and experienced.

It’s on the head.

Thankyou everyone for feedback. I hope HaShem will send the right shaliah soon.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:58 pm
Go to Columbia's emergency room. Take care of it right away. On the head means the infection can be near the brain c"v. It's very very serious and an emergency for right now.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:01 pm
mammala120 wrote:
So sorry
I reminded myself not to forget to post location and still forgot

I am in Brooklyn but willing to travel if needed. We have united health care. Will pay reasonable price if doctors is highly recommended and experienced.

It’s on the head.

Thankyou everyone for feedback. I hope HaShem will send the right shaliah soon.

Definitely go to a city hospital. Do not go to to Maimonidies if you can help it...

Pickle1

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:02 pm
agree - head to emergency room. most strains of mrsa can only be treated effectively through IV antibiotics. (they will swab it, take bloodwork, test it and treat it) Good luck. I had a post surgery mrsa infection 2 wks after surgery and was struggling with mrsa on and off for abt 2 yrs after that. so if you need any more details on diagnosis/treatment pm me

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:12 pm
I don't wish to frighten you, but learn from a not-so-sly old Fox.

Two weeks before Pesach I had an abrasion on my leg that appeared to be infected but not seriously so. No pus or discharge.

To make a long story short, I began running a fever and after a day or so went to the Urgent Care Clinic connected with my health care providers.

Before I knew what was going on, I was in the hospital, an IV in each arm pumping broad-spectrum antibiotics, ice packs all over my torso, and people asking me how far I wanted them to go to save my life. My white cell counts were nearly 3 times normal, and I didn't get home until two days before Pesach.

Hopefully, this is nothing, and you'll be annoyed with all of us for being such worry-warts. But it could be staph, strep, or even a fungal infection. Better to feel like foolish when they tell you it's nothing than experience the alternatives

mammala120

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:12 pm
This is OP

Now I am scared

The bump was on head for over 3 years size of nickel. He showed it to dr who said it’s nothing but he can get MRI. Time has went by. Now recently ( like yesterday ( I noticed a pimple with pus in center of it and it’s smells bad. Never had this before. I thought bump was due to injury. So now I realize it’s infected and really scared.

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:16 pm
mammala120 wrote:
This is OP

Now I am scared

The bump was on head for over 3 years size of nickel. He showed it to dr who said it’s nothing but he can get MRI. Time has went by. Now recently ( like yesterday ( I noticed a pimple with pus in center of it and it’s smells bad. Never had this before. I thought bump was due to injury. So now I realize it’s infected and really scared.

It could also be a pilar or epidermoid cyst that is inflamed rather than infected. That also happens. If you're not running a fever or have any other unusual symptoms, you can probably wait until morning. But then go to the ER or Urgent Care. Even a cyst that's just inflamed can become infected very easily.

tf

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:17 pm
mammala120 wrote:
This is OP

Now I am scared

Nothing to be scared about. Just do what you have to do and you’ll be over with it shortly IYH. I hope we’re all wrong

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:18 pm
Be'H you'll be okay Mammala10.
Just head over so you can get started on the abx.
We had this with a child- not on head. Kid was on THE WORKS of abx & CRP, white count & platelets were still through the roof. Till finally a mrsa abscess was found. literally the minute the kid came out of the OR the raging fever went down by a few degrees & bh gone by the end of the day. child still required heavy duty abx for a while but BH BH BH no recurrence!

tf

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:18 pm
Go to the ER and keep us posted please

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:34 pm
Why is everyone scaring OP to run to the ER? If you don't have fever, no need to run right now. MRSA is treated at home with regular antibiotics. But this needs to be taken care of. You can go to a local urgent care now if you're anxious.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:01 pm
My son at 9 mos had infected p**** knee. Went to ER. He was admitted. As soon as got abx thru iv the swelling went down to half immediately. Before that in 2 hrs it doubled.
They didn't even care if it's Mrsa or not they were more concerned about location, infection shouldn't get into the knee joint

bet

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:44 pm
Do not worry if it’s mrsa, we had a regular doctor drain my toddler’s mrsa and give us antibiotics. However, take care of whatever it is now! Earlier the better
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics