Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Question To the non vaxer
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:11 pm
These are real questions that I'd really like to hear SN for.Why are there so many signs hanging and telemarketers calling?
Why are you going?
You did so much research, and you will never change your mind so why are you going tonight?
Why is this event even necessary, who is it for.
Why is the add so vague? Why not just come out clearly and say what it's about? Why are you handing out prizes? (Sounds so childish)
Who do you want should come that it's so important for you.

What's with the live and let live? Why do you need to sell your opinion?

These are questions that I would like non vaxers to answer so please don't answer if you vaccinate your kids.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:40 pm
Spot on! Love it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:49 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Spot on! Love it

I'm serious!!
I want real answers
please, answer me I'd really like to hear.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:51 pm
I’m assuming it’s for moral support because theyre a hated bunch of people

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:53 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Thank you for replying.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:53 pm

So why all the lectures? If it's for support, they can just sit together, eat a meal (health shake). And do some yoga etc. Have a fun day out with just one speaker to give encouragement.

They don't need to brainwash the already brainwashed. Lol.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
These are real questions that I'd really like to hear SN for.Why are there so many signs hanging and telemarketers calling?
Why are you going?
You did so much research, and you will never change your mind so why are you going tonight?
Why is the add so vague? Why not just come out clearly and say what it's about? Why are you handing out prizes? (Sounds so childish)

These are questions that I would like non vaxers to answer so please don't answer if you vaccinate your kids.

1. I'm going to learn more about the debate. For example I want to better understand why over $4,000,000,000 has been awarded due to vaccine injury.

2. It is difficult to change peoples minds. This applies to me, you, and everyone else. Do you think your so rationale and willing to truly listen to the other side? I doubt it.

3. See answer 1

4. I didn't organize the event so I'm not sure why it's vague. Often in an advertisement there's fine print. I suppose if they'd loudly state the fine print, it would hurt business so the write it in small print at the bottom. Same thing here. Prizes? I don't know anything about prizes.

5. Anybody who is interested in learning about about the other side.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:13 pm
I'm an anti-vaxer, albeit one who gives MMR during an outbreak. (I consider that a tipping point in the risk/benefit ratio.)

I'd like to turn the question around to you:

Why does the CDC report misleading numbers for measles mortality rates?
Why are there marketing campaigns for vaccination? Shouldn't that be between people and their doctors?
Why do you need to use hate and threats and force, and can't have civil discussion?
Why are you so scared FOR YOURSELF if you are fully vaccinated?
Why are you not afraid of any of the many many non vaccine-preventable diseases, many of which are remarkably similar to VPDs?

I assume that the answer is that there are extremists on both sides.

I don't hang signs. I don't telemarket. I don't pressure, canvass, or proselytize.

And I imagine that you, personally, do not change mortality rates to better bolster your position, or run misleading marketing campaigns. Idiocy and extremism do not discriminate.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:16 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I'm an anti-vaxer, albeit one who gives MMR during an outbreak. (I consider that a tipping point in the risk/benefit ratio.)

I'd like to turn the question around to you:

Why does the CDC report misleading numbers for measles mortality rates?
Why are there marketing campaigns for vaccination? Shouldn't that be between people and their doctors?
Why do you need to use hate and threats and force, and can't have civil discussion?
Why are you so scared FOR YOURSELF if you are fully vaccinated?
Why are you not afraid of any of the many many non vaccine-preventable diseases, many of which are remarkably similar to VPDs?

I assume that the answer is that there are extremists on both sides. But I imagine that you, personally, do not change mortality rates to better bolster your position. Idiocy and extremism do not discriminate.

STOP this argument!!!

You know the answer to this so cut the cr@p

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:18 pm
STOP this argument!!!

You know the answer to this so cut the cr@p

No, I actually don't. I know that most people are out to protect the immunocompromised, but that was not my question.

Oh, and I didn't come here to argue. I came to answer OP's question. There are plenty of argument threads already.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:19 pm
A baby in Crown Heights who attends day care in a girls yeshiva now has measles.

I don't think that there is any unnecessary hype, hatred, or hysteria. This can permanently affect the lives of these babies. Who wants to watch babies undergo painful immune globulin shots?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:22 pm
No, I actually don't. I know that most people are out to protect the immunocompromised, but that was not my question.

Oh, and I didn't come here to argue. I came to answer OP's question. There are plenty of argument threads already.

You obviously have a mental block.

The correct answer is our babies. Remember them??

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A baby in Crown Heights who attends day care in a girls yeshiva now has measles.

I don't think that there is any unnecessary hype, hatred, or hysteria. This can permanently affect the lives of these babies. Who wants to watch babies undergo painful immune globulin shots?

Oh, give me a break. As a mother who had her baby painfully catheterized, multiple IV sticks, and multiple sedations, I'd be thankful that there was some way to help my child. I didn't go all out ranting against people who go around with colds and passed on RSV to my poor, defenseless baby who needed a nice long ICU stay on oxygen.

Yes, measles is dangerous, and I do personally vax for it during an outbreak (and would also vax at/after puberty even without an outbreak). But measles is common in many parts of the world, and the hysteria is only here.

The hatred is mind-boggling, actually. And I have no doubt that less hatred and hysteria would have cut this outbreak much shorter.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:26 pm
People can be scared that maybe they are no longer immune and haven't yet checked their titers.

People can be scared for family members who are too young, immunocompromised, or haven't gotten a booster and may therefore not be immune.

Most people are not scared for themselves as long as the non vaxed person isn't currently sick.

In case someone is sick with measles or is tending to someone sick with measles, it's highly contagious, and can be spread by turning a door knob, when the door knob had the germs, and thereby causing the measles to spread if they come in contact with someone that is not immune.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:26 pm
You obviously have a mental block.

The correct answer is our babies. Remember them??

Actually, I hear more hysteria from ADULTS about THEMSELVES.

Babies are generally not immunized before 1 year. And most people wouldn't think twice about going to Israel for Sukkos with a 6-month old.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:28 pm
Oh, give me a break. As a mother who had her baby painfully catheterized, multiple IV sticks, and multiple sedations, I'd be thankful that there was some way to help my child. I didn't go all out ranting against people who go around with colds and passed on RSV to my poor, defenseless baby who needed a nice long ICU stay on oxygen.

Yes, measles is dangerous, and I do personally vax for it during an outbreak (and would also vax at/after puberty even without an outbreak). But measles is common in many parts of the world, and the hysteria is only here.

The hatred is mind-boggling, actually. And I have no doubt that less hatred and hysteria would have cut this outbreak much shorter.

If the hysteria is only here, than why the rally in Bp? Bring the rally here!

And what about the schools, are they too only on imamother?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:31 pm
yksraya wrote:
If the hysteria is only here, than why the rally in Bp? Bring the rally here!

And what about the schools, are they too only on imamother?

Not defending the rally. I think it's ridiculous extremism. I would never go nor support it.

My point was that ridiculous extremism is not solely a trait of anti-vaxxers.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:32 pm
Actually, I hear more hysteria from ADULTS about THEMSELVES.

Babies are generally not immunized before 1 year. And most people wouldn't think twice about going to Israel for Sukkos with a 6-month old.

False on both counts

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:37 pm

I have had grandchildren hospitalized for RSV but is there dangerous sequelae to RSV and was RSV ever eradicated by vaccines?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why are you going?

I'm another non-vaxxer who gave the MMR this winter.
I did not go to the Monsey event. I do my thing; I'm not looking to stir the pot or make statements.
Of the people I know who went it was to learn more, to get chizzuk, and to show support, to show that anti-vaxxers are not a few people, that there are many many of us.
I don't know why the ad is vague; I didn't make it. I am not handing out prizes.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics