Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you even feel a little bit bad?
  1  2  3  12  13  14  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:24 pm
It turns out that I don't have immunity to measles. Living anywhere else in the US but in the frum community or 5 counties in California, I wouldn't have to get the MMR vaccines again. Because of my frail health, getting vaccinated is an issue. I don't have a choice now even though my doctor said it was almost certain I will get a reaction with a fever and possibly a rash.

I can't go to shul or any public places because of the non- vaxers. I need to wait until at least 28 more days. You destroyed herd immunity. My doctor told me that one more infection could kill me.

Don't you care about others? Do you feel bad for causing me distress?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:32 pm
STOP STARTING VAXX THREADS! THERE ARE DOZENS THREADS WITH THE SAME VENT, BUMP IT UP.
And no, antivaxxers don't feel bad for anyone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:08 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
STOP STARTING VAXX THREADS! THERE ARE DOZENS THREADS WITH THE SAME VENT, BUMP IT UP.
And no, antivaxxers don't feel bad for anyone.

Please link the dozens of threads with the same vent. You are unnecessarily nasty. You could skip my thread instead of yelling at me. I just got devastating news today. I can't attend my kids' graduations. I can't go to shul Shavous. I can't go to the ladies kiddish. I can't go to simchas. I can't go shopping. A little kindness wouldn't hurt you.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:11 pm
I'm sorry you're also going through this OP. it sucks. Luckily my chemo patient is still young enough not to have to miss out on a social life, though it poses problems otherwise.
Hugs.
Lets hope this epidemic will end real real soon.
I am (somewhat) hopeful that Upstate NY cracking down on camps & colonies will help somewhat.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:20 pm
No I don’t feel bad. I’m a selfish idiot and I only care about myself.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:24 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I'm sorry you're also going through this OP. it sucks. Luckily my chemo patient is still young enough not to have to miss out on a social life, though it poses problems otherwise.
Hugs.
Lets hope this epidemic will end real real soon.
I am (somewhat) hopeful that Upstate NY cracking down on camps & colonies will help somewhat.

Thank you for your understanding. Refuah Shelimah to your chemo patient. This unnecessary double whammy does suck.

I never missed any of my kids' events before, and I start with graduations. I feel bad for them having a sick mother. It's not easy. I try to keep things as normal as possible. We have always went out to dinner as a family, but not this time.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:31 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Now THAT is the bumper sticker I want! Right next to, "Are you always this nasty? Or are you making a special effort on my behalf?"

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:37 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I'm afraid people are taking you seriously...
Gotta add the sarcasm alert for those not wearing those glasses today.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your understanding. Refuah Shelimah to your chemo patient. This unnecessary double whammy does suck.

I never missed any of my kids' events before, and I start with graduations. I feel bad for them having a sick mother. It's not easy. I try to keep things as normal as possible. We have always went out to dinner as a family, but not this time.

Oy! That's tough!

Dd will graduate too. 8th grade graduation. I feel so bad for your kid.

Try making something special at home. Have someone decorate the kitchen nicely. order in. Make the best out of it.

Order (or have someone pick up) a special gift for the graduate.

I wish you good health and happiness.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Depending on your circumstances- don't know if this would be an option or not.
(we were told to "not take this lightly & take extreme caution". But ivig will only be given in case of a true exposure)

I wonder though if you call the school & explain the situation if they can somehow accomodate you- all students should be fully vaxed. are babies & younger siblings allowed to attend graduation? is this grad. on a very large scale? sometimes they are smaller scale & can be somewhat controlled. that would be beyond unfair to you and your daughter to have to miss out on such a momentous occasion. with all going on she shouldn't have to lose out on this as well.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:46 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

You're an honest person. Can you tell us around how many hours you've personally studied and looked into the pros and cons of vaccines?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:06 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You're an honest person. Can you tell us around how many hours you've personally studied and looked into the pros and cons of vaccines?

All her hours on Ima Wink
But let's not derail this from OP's situation. OP. wishing you a refuah sheleima & a quick release from your house arrest...

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Lol. My husband sells vaccines.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:27 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I'm afraid people are taking you seriously...
Gotta add the sarcasm alert for those not wearing those glasses today.

Whatever.

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:33 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

So you’re part of the conspiracy.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:40 pm
My immuno suppressed child was locked in.

Now I am in beginning of a hi risk pregnancy & my ob checked my titers & I am not immune.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:43 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Depending on your circumstances- don't know if this would be an option or not.
(we were told to "not take this lightly & take extreme caution". But ivig will only be given in case of a true exposure)

I wonder though if you call the school & explain the situation if they can somehow accomodate you- all students should be fully vaxed. are babies & younger siblings allowed to attend graduation? is this grad. on a very large scale? sometimes they are smaller scale & can be somewhat controlled. that would be beyond unfair to you and your daughter to have to miss out on such a momentous occasion. with all going on she shouldn't have to lose out on this as well.

Thank you for this idea and your understanding and you also yksraya.

I didn't think of inconveniencing the school. Since it is for my kids, I will ask. I was busy with my pity party thinking what I couldn't do.

I like the idea of doing something at the house to celebrate. Maybe a barbecue would be nice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:49 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My immuno suppressed child was locked in.

Now I am in beginning of a hi risk pregnancy & my ob checked my titers & I am not immune.

My goodness, what are you going to do? I was feeling sorry for myself, but iy"h I will get immunity.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:12 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Sorry, I can't tell if you're serious or not. I think you are. You're seriously saying that the fact that your husband sells vaccines puts you in position to thoroughly understand the issue? My husband sells spaceship equipment. Can I join NASA on their next trip to the moon?

1. Can you name a few vaccine ingredients?

2. do you know how many doses of how many vaccines the CDC recommends between birth and 18?

3. Can you provide a study showing vaccinated vs unvaccinated health outcomes?

4. What is an acceptable amount of aluminum to ingest per day and how much is injected via the hep B vaccine?

5. What is the death rate from measles in the US in the last 15 years and what is the death rate from the MMR vaccine during the same time period?

6. What is your best guess as to the percentage of the pro vax community on imamother that is able to answer a single one of the above questions?

nchr

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:17 pm
Mommy3b2c is pro vax. She was trying to make a point about anti vaxxers in her post.

OP, I'm so sorry that you'll need to miss all of these events. Even though I'm pro vax, I've always been a believer in letting people choose, but this outbreak has shown me that many people are simply not responsible enough to be given the freedom to choose (intentionally exposing their children to measles, not quarantining, putting our most vulnerable members of the population at risk, etc.)
Page 1 of 14   1  2  3  12  13  14  Next Recent Topics